The Dream

Come Back To Me

The life support machine beeping gently. The sound gave hyukjae a creep everytime. He had been there in that room for almost 12 hours now. He didn't leave his side, he even didn't dare to blink.

He looked at Donghae's face again for a hundreds of time. Hoping he would open his eyes. But those eyes were shut.

Donghae's face swollen, bruises and deep cuts everywhere. Lifeless. A tube inserted through his mouth into his throat, flowing oxygen into his lung.  His chest raised and fell down gently to the sound of the life support machine.

"Hyukkie hyung. " Ryeowook tapped his shoulder gently. "Why don't you go home and have some rest? Yesung hyung and I will stay here. Siwon hyung are on their way."

Hyukjae shook his head. He wanted to stay. He couldn't leave Donghae. Not like this.

"I am fine. I wanna stay." He said. "I can't leave donghae.."

"Hyung, you're such a mess. You don't sleep and you don't eat since yesterday. Take a rest, Hyung. Please.." Once again Ryeowook tried to persuade him.

"Come on, eunhyukie. Let's go home. Take a bath, have meal, sleep a bit then I promise I will take you back and you can be with Donghae. You can stay here as long as you like. But now you need to take a rest." Said Leeteuk. He pulled hyukjae's arm. He finally complied. He did need some rest. His body stiffed and soar.

"Wookie, call me if he woke up." Hyukjae said as he stood up. Leeteuk and Ryeowook exchanging look. As much as they wanted Donghae to wake up soon, that would be a long shot. They knew about it. They just felt sorry for Hyukjae, who seemed still couldn't accept the fact that his best friend  might never wake up.

The doctor told them right after the surgery that due to the serious injury on the head and other part of his body, he was in deep coma and they couldn't predict how long it took for him to wake up, or if he ever wake up.

 "I know what the doctor said, I just wish.. " Hyukjae paused. Trying to suppressed his trembling voice. "Miracle do exist, right?"

Leeteuk hold his dongsaeng and tapped his back to comfort him. "We pray for the best. He will be ok."

They both left right after saying goodbye to Ryeowook and Yesung.

Hyukjae kept his silence all the way to the dorm and went straight to his room. He took a shower and then lay down on his bed. He tried to close his eyes and sleep, but the thought of how he almost lost donghae haunted him. He still remembered the scream, the crash, donghae's lifeless body on the sidewalk. Hyukjae cried silently before fell asleep.

--------

"Hyukjae! Wake up!"

Hyukjae moaned. He was still sleepy. "Go away!"

"Hyukkie.. Wake up, please! Hurry! There's no time.."

"No time for what donghae-ah?!" Hyukjae muttered.

Donghae?

DONGHAE!!

Hyukjae opened up his eyes in instant and pushed his body up. He took a look around.

No body.

But he swore he heard donghae's voice.

"Hae! Where are you? Stop playing!!"

Hyukjae got up and started to running around in between room to find donghae. His heart pounding fast.

"Hae, it's not funny!" Hyukjae shouted.
Hyukjae kept on looking anxiously. His head fought with his heart. There was no way Hae would be here, He's at the hospital where he left him. But he swore he heard hae's voice waking him up. It was not a dream, it was not!

"Woah...woah.. Stop! Stop!" Siwon Grabbed Hyukjae and stop him from running. "What happen? Why are you calling hae like that and running around the house?"

"He's here? Donghae? Right? He woke me up just now. Where is he?"

"Mwo? What are you talking about? Clearly he's not here. He's at the hospital. He has been there since 2 days ago. You saw him last night, he hasn't awake. " Said Siwon carefully. "What's going on?".

Hyukjae looked at Siwon in confusion. But he heard his voice. Hyukjae swiped the entire room with his eyes. He could see Yesung, Ryeowook and Sungmin coming from their room because of the loud noise they both made, but there was no Donghae.

"I need to see Donghae." Hyukjae flew to his room to get his jacket and car keys.

"What are you doing? It's almost dawn. You might as well visit him in the morning." Siwon tried to stop him.

Hyukjae shook his head. "I have to see him. I'm not sure if I was dreaming  but I felt I wasn't, He asked me to wake up. He said there's no time. I'm scare, Siwon. I need to see him!"

" I'll go with you." Said Siwon. He then grabbed his jacket and wallet and went to the car after Hyukjae.