Nobody POV

Through The Boy's Eyes

 

Nobody POV

 

Taemin get off from the bed and gait toward the door. “Hey! Let me out!!!” He bangs the door as hard as he can. “Let me out!!!”

He knew that way didn’t work so he takes a few steps away and slamming his skinny corpus onto the door.

“Let me out!” He’s shouting from the top of his lung. He stops for a moment to catch his breath and his shoulder was badly aching. The purple mark is begun to forming on the sore spot. He looks around, his brain is thinking hard how to get out from that place.

There is no window at all! There is no other way to get out unless from that one door. He gives another hard slam onto the door and shouting for mercy.

‘What have I done until people lock me up?’ He is questioning himself. He sits down beside the door and waiting impatiently for someone to come in.

After an hour, the door is cracking open. The woman from earlier step inside and stand right in front of Taemin. She is smiling. “You awake.”

Taemin rolls his eyes. “Yes, obviously.” He gets up and glances to the door. Maybe he can run away. He saw a man guard outside the door, and he silently sigh.  

“How do you feel?”

“Whoa I’m so happy I got jailed in here. It’s so fun!”

The woman let out a small chuckle. “So you want to talk over here or at my office?” She ask while fix her glasses which lay on her nose bridge.

Taemin smirk. “Your office.”

“Okay then. Let’s go.” The woman led Taemin out. But she instantly stops at the door and facing him. “Lee Taemin-shi, don’t you try to escape okay. If you act well, I’ll move you into a nicer room.”

“You call this a room?” He’s cynically laughing to her. As soon he feet step out of the room, the man immediately clutching his hand onto Taemin’s arm.

 

The man went out and shut the door behind. “Sit.” The orange haired woman said. Taemin sat down, his eyes wandering across the room. There are a lot of pictures. Taemin pause at a picture on her table, photo of two little kids.

‘Probably her children though.’ He assumes.

She placed her note book in front of her and writing something on it. She looks up. “I still don’t introduce myself to you right last time? I’m Kim Hyejin as it wrote on my nametag.” She’s pointing to her chest where the nametag rooted at. “You can call me anything you comfortable with. Hyejin-shi, Jin or noona.”

Taemin’s nodding.

She continued after a few seconds of silence. “Tell me your story, Taemin-shi.” He didn’t bother to reply. Taemin was playing with his fingers.

“Do you know why you are here?”

He looks up and snaps a disgusting smile. “My so called parents sent me here.”

Hyejin laughed over his sick joke. She knows the boy feel hurt and betrayed.”Yes, for your good sake.”

“Whatever.”

“So what’s your friend name again?”

“Which friend? I don’t have any friend.” He’s crossing his arms in against his chest and look away in boredom.

“The friend your mom told me that you always hang with.”

A smile curve upward on his lips. “Jiyoung.” Taemin softly speak up.

“Yes. Tell me more about your friend.”

“She’s not my friend. She is my girlfriend. The one that is always stays beside me whenever I need her. Unlikely my parents are.” He shook disbelief.

Hyejin jot down everything words came out from Taemin’s mouth. 30 minutes has passed, the Q and A session still on. Taemin already told her everything about Jiyoung. How they met, how she is inside and out, every single thing Taemin knew about her.

Hyejin very glad that Taemin so open up to her. Mostly people don’t talk much about his/her lover, but Taemin is naïve boy. His smile last until then. She can sense that the teenage boy sat across her is very happy and blissful with his girlfriend.

“Do you know she is not real?” Everything tense up when she’s asks the question. Taemin’s face expression changes to sour.

“What do you meant by that?”

“She is not real. You create her. Your imagination did.” She calmly state to him.

Taemin frowning. “No. I know her. I touch her! I spoke to her and she reply! I can feel her warmth!” He gets off from his seat, totally mad. “Just please don’t talk about Jiyoung. You don’t even know her.”

“Taemin-shi, sh-“

“Don’t! I want to go back to my room please. This is nonsense.” He storming to the door and widely opens it.

The man outside swiftly grabs him. Hyejin come out not long after that. “Send him back to his room. We will talk again later.” She sighs as she sends away the pity boy.

As soon they arrived at the white empty room, Taemin shove himself into the bed. “No Lee Taemin, don’t listen to that freak lady. Jiyoung is real.”

 But not as simple as he said. What Hyejin said does give him a big impact. He can’t stop thinking about it. He’s starting to doubt about his beloved one. Is Jiyoung really exists?

“Omma! Jiyoung is here!” Taemin shouted at the door. “Come in.” He invited her in. She flung away her shoes and stepped inside. His mother came out from the kitchen with confusing face.

“Why don’t you invite her in?”

“Hmm? Meet Jiyoung. Jiyoung, this is omma.” He smiled, his voice was so bubbly.

“Taemin?”

“Yes?”

“Never mind.” She shook it off.

“We’re going upstairs. Call us when lunch is ready okay omma.” Taemin held Jiyoung’s wrist and drag her upstairs.

“No no no. Omma just shock to see how beautiful my girl is.” He’s try to convince himself. But then another flash come before his eyes.

Jiyoung and Taemin met up at the park nearby his house. They were talking and telling story about how cool their day are. Jonghyun, Taemin’s classmate passes by.

“Yo Taemin.” He greeted.

“Hey Jjong.” Taemin waved back as Jonghyun walked toward him and Jiyoung.

“What are you doing here all by yourself? Wanna join me at Onew’s party?” He sipped down his coke.

“Eh? I’m with Jiyoung.” He pointed to the space beside him.

“Jiyoung who? I don’t see anybody here.” He was taken aback. “Are you alright Taemin?”

“Don’t troll us.” Taemin laughed. He saw Jiyoung bitterly smile to him. She was then lean toward Taemin and whispered.

“I don’t like this Jonghyun guy.”

“Seriously Taemin? Who are talking to? I don’t see anybody.” Jjong started to get goosebumps. His neck hair stood.

“What is wrong with you? Obviously my girl is here beside me.” He chuckled.

“I-I t-think I should go. See you tomorrow.” He awkwardly smiled. “The rumors are true. Taemin is crazy.”  Jjong mumbled but loud enough to be heard by Taemin.

“This is not true.” Taemin shook off his paranoid thoughts. But the more he wants to stop, the more incident in the past flashback on his mind.

 

The next morning, Hyejin come again. When she’s walk in, Taemin was blankly staring at the white ceiling above him.

“Much better?” She’s approaching. Taemin glance at her once but darted back his eyes onto the ceiling. “Your parents came, they want to meet you.”

“I don’t want to meet them. Tell my parents I love them so much and thank you for raising me.”

“You should tell them.”

He sighs and sits up. “Today also you been admitted to your new room. Today must be an exciting day right.” Hyejin mutter.

“Hmm.”

“Let's meet up with your parents, and then you can check out your new room.”

“Okay.” Taemin follow close behind her, but still there’s a man hand locking him. Taemin didn’t talk much at their meeting. He just being a cold kid like he usually be.

After that he went to his room. He admits it is much better than previous room. There’s a desk with chair, nice bed and most importantly, there is a window. Huge one. At least he can look outside and enjoy the beautiful scenery God has created for human being even though he can go out.

“Do you like it?” Hyejin ask. Taemin reply her with a nod. “There’s a TV on the hall outside. If you bored you can watch it.”

He nodding again and turn around facing Hyejin. He saw a few heads poking at the door. The other patients must be interested with him, he thought. Maybe they’re even questioning why the hell a pretty boy is in here?

“Thank you.” Taemin’s slightly bowing his head down.

“You’re welcome. I’ll leave you alone. Remember tomorrow at 9am, you have an appointment with me. You know right my office just over there, across the hallway?”

“Yes. See you tomorrow morning.” He shut the door and dives into the soft bed.

 

The next morning, Hyejin patiently waiting for Taemin in her office. He’s 20 minutes late. Eager Hyejin leave her office and heading to Taemin’s room.

“Maybe he forgot.” She though. When Hyejin arrives at his room, she laid a few soft knock to the door. “Taemin-shi? Are you inside? You’re late.”

Hyejin knock again. “Lee Taemin-shi.” She calls his name again. After a few minutes, she still didn’t get any answer from the young man. “Taemin-shi, I’m going to enter your room okay?” She twists the knob and the door burst open.

“I need help in here!” Hyejin panicky shouting. Taemin lifeless body was hanging in the air and the bed sheet tied around his neck. She support his feet to prevent him choking.

After a few short minutes, they finally succeed to put Taemin down. His face was blue and his eyelid slightly ajar apart.

The doctor shook. “He’s dead.” He’s pronoun.

Hyejin is in shock, she stumble a few step backwards and hit the desk. She found a handwriting note on Taemin desk.

There is no point to live if Jiyoung doesn’t exist.