School Fest Pest

"Sir, Can you teach love?"

CHAPTER SIX

 

 

The previous days passed like a blur and the last day of the week was filled with bunch of chores to be done before the event on Monday. The booth was decided to be a big bon fire that will lighten the cold night of September. The idea was given by the club vice president, Im Jaebum, who recently watched Japanese anime.

Suzy at first was hesitant and was worried if the school will approve this as for the reason that it is the first time they will have a thing like that which is definitely still new to the entire student body of that school but Mr Ok assured her that Ms Hwang wouldn’t mind and she really didn’t. In fact, she even helped and offered the some spare wood that was used for the library’s renovation. The woods were placed at the school’s junkyard (which is the basement) so some members needed to lend a hand.

“Whoah, you sure are serious about this” JiEun commented as she sat at the bench with suzy near the school backyard where the fire bon will be placed. The piles of wood were already scattered but they still lack some more to let the fire last for about five to ten minutes. “We need to” she sighed.

Suzy was waiting for the guys including Myungsoo to come back and start building the circled fence to hold up the woods. “They’re back” Jieun said as she looked at her back and saw the familiar figures coming near them. Suzy stood up and looked at their direction. “Isn’t that… Professor Ok?” Jieun asked with disbelief.

Suzy stared at the figure and as they walk closer so she had the opportunity to take a closer look. But before she can even tell the sure answer to Jieun’s question, the guy approached the two ladies. “Hey, where should we put this?” He asked; sweat dripping through his handsome face and a pile of wood weights on his shoulder. “Uhm.. ugh.. Just put it near the other woods.. Sir”

Taec walked away being followed by the other students not too far from them. “Oh gosh, what is Mr Ok doing here?” Suzy stared at him like she too was also confused why he is even there when he needed not to. “He’s our club adviser right? And maybe it is not bad if he helps his class” Suzy sarcastically said.

“Right” Jieun answered. After Taec placed the woods down he then approached Suzy again to check the happenings. “So, when do you think the booth will be done?” he curiously asked to the girl standing beside him who seemed frozen with her hands in a behave manner. “It’s nothing much but making the fence so maybe before the sun sets down it will be finished”

Taec smiled as he watched the student diligently do and work with their assigned jobs. “Want to make it faster?” Taec offered which gained a confused look from Suzy. “Give me some saw and hammer” he ordered. Suzy got some materials beside her, thinking she could lend a hand but hesitated to give it to Taec. “But you’ve done enough help, Mr Ok”

“Nah, that’s fine and I have nothing to do after this so just think that you’re giving me something I can use my spare time for” He smiled. Suzy was taken aback from his words and gave the materials shyly. She watched as Taec as taec walked away and talked to the students working. Soon, he too was working after he rolled his sleeves up and removed his glorious suit. He looked pretty normal with his attire and the thought of him being the professor left Suzy’s mind for a minute.

The students laughed and talk with him like he was one of them, perfectly fit with them. After a minute, she decided to join and help the construction. She grabbed a hammer and some nails and started to walk towards them.  “What are you doing?” Myungsoo asked as she hammered some nails down. “Help?” she answered.

“You know you can’t” He said. Suzy raised her brows and stared at Myungsoo who is now inches away from her. “And why?” she asked. Myungsoo slowly grabbed the hammer from her hands but Suzy gripped tighter for it not to be stolen from her. “Because you’re still a Bae-by” he teased.

“I’m a grown up, okay?” she almost half-laughed. “Please don’t be hard headed little girl” he demanded.  “I’m not being hard headed, just want to help” she fought back. Myungsoo kept her eyes on Suzy as he is thinking if he would let her or not.

“Just let her help, she’s a responsible girl” they heard a voice said. They looked back and saw Mr Ok with some wood and hammer on both hands. “See” Suzy spoke. Myungsoo ran out of words and felt weird if he would disagree with his professor so he just shrugged his shoulders. “Thank You Mr Ok” suzy said as taec walked passed them to the almost done fire bon.

The fire bon was successfully done and everyone clapped as they stared at their work of art. “One more thing missing, let’s get the woods in!” Suzy enthusiastically shouted as she felt glad looking at their work. Woods and woods were continuously placed in until it was beyond tall as a person. Suzy’s eyes met Taec’s who was some steps away as they placed wood and both frozen for a minute. Smiles were planted on their face as they stared with each other until…

“Suzy!” he shouted shocked as he saw a chunk of wood flew directly through her forehead. Everyone immediately circled around her including Jieun and Myungsoo who looked deadly worried. Taec ran and saw an unconscious girl lying on the floor while Myungsoo’s trying to wake her up. “Suzy wake up! Wake up!”

Taec didn’t let a second pass he carried Suzy through his arms and ran as fast as he could to the clinic. He laid her down to the white bed and was told to wait outside by the school nurse. As he stepped out, he saw a worried Jieun and angry looking Myungsoo. “This is your entire fault…”

Taec couldn’t say a word. He was really the one responsible for this, if she didn’t let Suzy help this wouldn’t have happened. He felt really sorry but not for Myungsoo but to Suzy. “You too must be tired, go home while I take care of the rest” he said trying to cool the situation down.

“Take care of the rest? Huh? How can I trust in you now?” Myugsoo growled. “Do you think I can trust you after all of this? This is your entire fault!” He shouted. “Myungsoo enough” Jieun said as she grabbed hold of his arms, avoiding anything bad to happen. “Remove you hand Jieun” he said as his muscles tighten even more.

“Myungsoo, I’m really sorry about what happened and I already don’t know what to do and you being like that won’t make anything better. Go home now and will talk again next time when you’re all calmed down” Taec said trying to convince him. “No, I’m not going until Suzy’s okay” he demanded.

“I promise to give a call when Suzy’s awake, I promise” he assured. “Myungsoo, let’s go” Jieun said as she tried to pull him away. After few minutes, Taec was standing alone at the hallway, waiting for the clinic door to open. He was beyond sad and worried for what had happened knowing he is the one responsible. He was praying for nothing bad will happen to her.

“Professor Ok, she’s awake” The nurse said. Taec rushed inside and saw Suzy sat down in the bed. “She might be feeling quite dizzy but won’t stay long, it’s one of the side effects of the medicine we gave but she would be perfectly fine soon. She only gained a small bruise on her forehead but nothing more” the nurse explained. Taec felt relieved by the news and let a small smile out after knowing she would be fine.

“Thank goodness” He muttered. “So, I’ll be leaving, it’s getting late” The nurse said. Taec glanced on his watch and it really is getting late. He didn’t notice how time passed fast as he was too worried to Suzy. When the nurse left, taec got his guts to approach her. “How are you feeling?”

“Uhm… quite dizzy and my head kinda hurt” she said as she touched her head. “Don’t worry it won’t stay long… the nurse said” He said. “Oh crap! It’s almost seven and my mom must be waiting… aish! I still need to cook dinner” Suzy growled.

“Sir, I’ll go now and thank you for the help” she said. “Wait!” Taec shouted before Suzy got out. “I can give you a ride”

-0-

 

Hey! I'm back and I now it's been long since I last updated.. but here's my updated for now and I hope you'll enjoy it and Thank You for reading... don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe'cause I might update sooner ^^

Truly Yours, DevilCat :X