Part 9 FINAL

Running Man EP 93: EXO Special

 

 

                Jaesuk looked down at his full cup and back at the PD.

                “Do I really have to drink all this?” The PD nodded. “I’m going to get indigestion.” The PD shrugged. “If I die from a shriveled up liver then I’m going to blame it on you.” No response came from the PD. He clearly wasn’t going to say anything more. Jaesuk sighed in defeat. He raised his glass up solemnly. “May I drink this and survive.”

                “Hyungnim, are you ready?” Suho called from the other side. Jaesuk nodded and Suho pointed to the staff members who were timing. “Ok then. Three….two….one!” Jaesuk quickly raised the lemonade to his mouth and took long and loud rushed gulps. After halfway through, he coughed and tiny drops of lemonade spurted out of his mouth.

                “Yah Jaesuk ah! Don’t give up!” Sukjin called out anxiously. Jaesuk poured the rest of the liquid into his mouth and signaled with his hand for Jongkook to go. Jongkook had been lucky to receive only 5 lemons, but he still had a large amount of sugar in his cup still floating around. What were his muscles going to do after this?! Jongkook brought the cup to his lips and reluctantly swallowed down the whole thing. He could feel the sugar grains floating in his mouth. his lips and grimacing, he finished it. Haha was next to go. 10 lemons with a toothpickful of sugar? Wasn’t really on his agenda today.

                Haha took a timid sip and automatically spat it out.

                “DOOOOONGHOON AH!” Sukjin and Jongkook cried out at the same time. Haha took a long gulp this time, the tips of his ears turning red. He furrowed his eyebrows together in the utmost concentration. Lapping down the rest of the liquid in his cup, he slammed the item down onto the table with an exhausted look on his face. Sujkin was already drinking. He had been most lucky in guessing. Getting 2 lemons and a normal spoonful of sugar truly was rare opportunity for the middle aged man. Gary rushed to down his drink one shot style. Jihyo was second to last. She had always been fond of sour stuff, lemonade being one of her favorites. She had gotten a good amount of sugar for her many lemons. Meanwhile while the other members were having an easy time drinking their lemonade, one man sat silently alone with his cup of sugar water.

                “Hurry Jihyo ah!” Gary squealed. Jihyo scrunched her brows together and swallowed the last of her drink. Gwangsoo was the only one left and his cup consisted mainly of sugar. It was as if the drink for him was sugar water with a hint of lemon juice. Gwangsoo held the cup by the bottom with two hands and raised it to his mouth. This was going to be his sacrificial offering. He shall sacrifice his body for the sake of winning. He shall drink this sweet poison and be remembered as the person who saved the world from destructi—

                “YAH JUST HURRY IT UP ALREADY.” Jongkook hollered. Gwangsoo stopped in mid pose and did as he was told. He gulped down the sugary lemonade water as quickly as he could. Sukjin and Jongkook stood up. They both looked expectantly at the staff.

                “1 minute 1 second.” The Running Man cast erupted into happy cheers as Jaesuk reached out to receive the running ball from the PD.

                “YEAAAAHH!” EXO hung their heads in defeat and sorrow. “We have a running ball!” Jaesuk grinned.

                “So now each team has one running ball. We will now draw to see the losing team and the winning team. Please take out the machine.” The machine was the same machine that granted many people access to their freedom, and some to their worst nightmare. “Please put your running balls inside the hole. As you all know, the ball with the teams color will be the winning team. There will be a punishment in the end.” Haha looked surprised at this.

                “Bwohyah? You didn’t say anything about a punishment.”

                “Haha ssi. There is always a punishment.” The color representing EXO was blue while Running Man was red. Jaesuk pushed on the stick on top. The balls inside the machine mixed around. It was unclear who the winner would be since each team had an equal amount of chance winning. Jaesuk let out a breath.

                “Here goes!” He pulled it and suspenseful music starting being played somewhere near the front of the many staffs. “Ah….that really isn’t helping you know.” The music stopped. And the first ball that rolled out was……………………………….white. All the members groaned in unison. Who knew that this could be so tiring? The next ball that rolled out was a……………………………………………………………..white ball. Chanyeol smacked his head. All a sudden though, a happy and excited squeal was heard. And that squeal came from no other than Sehun who was jumping up and down in his spot. The last ball that rolled out was blue, which meant that EXO had won. Haha and Gary could only stare dumbfounded as the members of EXO hugged each other and yelped cheerfully.

                “WE WON WE WON WE WOOOOON!” Tao shrieked and threw his arms around Kris who in return smiled. Jaesuk raised his index finger to them but placed it down just as quickly. He turned to the main camera full of regret.         

                “But we………they…………aigoo……this isn’t fair.” He complained. The PD ignored him once again and began talking about the punishment.

                “Like we said, they will be a punishment for the losing team. The losing team have to give out candies to people at a nearby park wearing fairy wings,” The PD pulled out the item from a bag, “…tiara,” He pulled out the next item, “…and……………………”

 

*****

 

                “Hello! Would you like some candy?” The little girl stared up at Jongkook with wide and frighten eyes. He looked absolutely threatening with his pink fairy wings, princess tiara, and purple hot pants. The girl ran away squealing to her mom. The older male could only retreat back in embarrassment. “Why, oh why did we have to do this?” He moaned. The only people who were really enjoying this were Jaesuk, Gary, and Haha. Why wouldn’t they be? Practically everyone who walked by them knew who they were. Jaesuk’s popularity increased with the older women. Haha with ladies and Gary with the kids. Their baskets were already empty of candies with the exceptions of the ones they were going to save for themselves to eat later on.

                “Hello. Want candy?” Gwangsoo offered the basket in his hands to a passing student. The student looked at Gwangsoo and took in his whole face.

                “Lee Gwangsoo?! OH MY GOD!” The student squealed. “I AM SUCH A BIG FAN OF YOURS!” The smile on Gwangsoo’s face widen so much that it seemed as if he had chew extreme hardcore taffy. He turned to Jihyo who was cowering behind him.

                “See look noona! I am popular too!” Jihyo covered her face with her hands.

                “Please don’t draw any more attention to me.”

                “Why not? It’s not like that gigantic mole on your right cheek is very noticeable.”

                “YAH GWANGSOO!”

 



 

And concludes the ending of Running Man EP 93: EXO Special!

I'm sorry if the ending was a bit rushed. I kind of had writers block towards the end. Totally didn't know what to write.

It's better to have a complete story with a happy ending than to have a looo~ng stretched out story with 4247124697924 chapters with a bad ending right?

Well thank you to everyone who subscribed, commented, and read this story!

I really appreciated the comments and supports! This really boosted my esteem. (Trololol. Health class.)

I'll try writing more Running Man episodes in the future if you guise want them! Just tell me the band. c;

 

 

Shameless advertising: 

Ask Teen Top

Ask EXO

Crossed Paths

Sealed Letters

Starent High School Host Club: Boyfriend Style