Part 8

Running Man EP 93: EXO Special

 

                Kai stood up from his seat and walked over to the clothed table standing behind it. He smirked again and Jaesuk gulped.

                “Aigoo…..Kai….you’re really scary when you’re like this.” Kai merely shrugged.

                “I try my best.” Suho who was next to the male handed Jaesuk the die. He took a hold of it and prayed mentally. Please please please please let me get lower than a 5. He let out a deep breath and threw the die to the floor.

                “12, 12 it’s going to be a 12.” Sehun whispered from his spot. And miraculously…………it did land on 12. Sehun’s eyes lit up. “IT DID LAND ON 12 AFTERALL!” He shouted excitingly. Xiumin chuckled. While EXO was in a celebratory mode, Jaesuk on the other hand…

                “Yah Jaesuk ah…it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world for you. You’re still young!” Sukjin patted his back. “Unlike me.” He sighed and shook his head from side to side. Kai peeked under the cloth.

                “Hey hyungnim, pick the 5th one.” Jaesuk looked up at the idol with suspicion.

                “Why…?”

                “Just do it.” Kai insisted. Jaesuk scrunched his eyebrows together. Why does this seem so familiar?

                “Are you doing this for revenge?” Kai shook his head.

                “Nope. Just choose 5.” Jaesuk peered at each one of the members in EXO. They showed no emotions. Well except for Xiumin and Chanyeol who were trying their best to stop the grin that was slowly forming on their faces. Chen, and Suho smiled all the time so it was no surprise to anyone on set.

                “6.” Kai gave the older a look. “I choose 6.” He sighed and reluctantly pulled out the item of doom that would give the MC nightmares every time he drank lemonade.

                “Good choice hyung.” He had pulled out a soup ladle. But it was larger than the regular kitchen kinds. Kai reached under and pulled out a normal looking spoon. “See this was number 5. Tsk tsk. You didn’t trust me.” Jongkook and Haha laughed out loud.

                “HYUNG. PUAHAHA.” Haha couldn’t even form correct sentences as he laughed. Jaesuk glared at the younger.

                “Watch till it’s your turn.” That shut him up.

 

15 minutes and screams of agony later…

Jaesuk: 12 lemons, 6 (soup ladle)

Jongkook: 5 lemons, 7 (garden shovel)

Haha: 10 lemons, 2 (toothpick)

Gary: 6 lemons, 5 (normal spoon)

Jihyo: 7 lemons, 1 (1/4 measuring cup)

Gwangsoo: 1 lemon, 10 (rice scooper)

 

                Jaesuk solemnly raised his full cup, careful not to tip any liquid out.

                “So the game is to basically see which team finishes first. We’ll be starting at the same time. Finish as quickly as you can. Just like that. First team to finish gets a running ball.” Jaesuk instructed. “Uhm…guests go first.” Suho raised his cup first. He cautiously took a sip and automatically grimaced. He disliked drinking or eating sour stuff, even if it had sugar in it. Sour stuff were just plain well, sour. “One, two….three!” Suho tipped the cup into his mouth, attempting to do a one shot. About a third through, he stopped and coughed.

                “HURRY HYUNG HURRY!” Sehun squealed next to him. Suho raised the cup to his mouth level again and swallowed the whole thing. Sehun was next to go. Because Luhan had taken some of his drink, it made everything a whole lot easier for the maknae. He quickly gulped down the whole drink and with a full mouth, gestured for Luhan to drink. Luhan peered at the maknae as he finished, his lips he too drank a one shot. His eyebrows furrowing as he drank it down.

                “Whoa they’re going pretty fast,” Sukjin mused worriedly. Kai was next to go, he took long sips but paused in between. After all, he did have 7 lemons with a toothpick full of sugar. Chanyeol took a long gulp of his after Kai finished. His cheeks slowly turning pink because of the extreme sourness. He took another sip and gave up. Pouring the rest of his into Chen’s cup, he reached for the bottle of water that was on the table and drank deeply from it. Chen gave the rapper a strange look but tipped the cup over his mouth. But as he did, he kept gripping onto the table tightly. The tip of his knuckles turned white.

                “Oi. That’s sour. Really sour.” Chen made a face and wiped mouth with a napkin. While everyone was taking turns drinking, Xiumin was trying to convince EXO M’s leader to help him with some of his lemonade. Kris shook his head every time though and soon it was Xiumin’s turn. Chen saw the hesitation in the elder’s eyes and before Xiumin could slow them down even further, Chen held onto the back of his neck and poured the liquid into Xiumin’s open mouth.

                “BABOYAHHHH!” Xiumin coughed and continuously banged his fist weakly against the table.

                “Sorry hyung!” Chen chimed. Kris had rushed to finish his. It was only Tao’s turn next. The wushu master pinched the bridge of his nose and quickly poured the sour lemonade down his throat. He gulped the content down and placed the cup onto the table.

                “W-we’re done.” The staff members who were timing EXO looked down at their stopwatch. They turned to each other and calculated the average.

                “1 minute and 3 seconds.” Jaesuk stirred the material in his cup a little more.

                “Come on guys! We can beat that!”

                “Why was I the only one who got 1 lemon with a garden shovel full of sugar?!”

                "'Cause you just have really bad luck Gwangsoo. Really bad luck."