Part 4

Running Man EP 93: EXO Special

 

                “Gotcha.”

                Jongkook looked at the younger with a  confused expression.

                “Gotcha…? What—“ But before he could finish his sentence, a pair of powerful arms hugged him front the back. He released his hold from Chanyeol in the spite of confusion and surprise.

                “Tao! Grab onto him!” Kai yelled from behind and grunted. Tao hurried over in from of the still dazed commander and held onto his arms. Jongkook finally regained his senses and laughed nervously as he tried getting out of Tao’s grip.

                “C-come on guys, let’s talk this out.” He said still straining. Tao and Kai only held onto him tighter. Suho and Kris appeared from behind a pillar smirking as they watched Jongkook restrained.

                “Just like I planned.” Suho stepped behind Jongkook and reached his hand out. Jongkook’s eyes widen as the leader’s hand got closer. He moved a few small steps away.

                “H-hold on!” Jongkook stammered. “I’ll tell you the Running Mans’ position!” Suho froze. He retracted his hand.

                “Really?”

                “Y-yeah! In fact…wait a moment…” Jongkook reached into his pocket for his walkie-talkie. He quickly raised it to his mouth. “Gwangsoo ah, where are you?” The other line crackled.

                “I just came out of the bathroom. Where are you hyung?” Gwangsoo replied a few seconds later.

                “Araso. Wait there for me.” Jongkook turned back to face Suho. “There, Gwangsoo is near the bathroom on this floor! Now let me go free okay?” He attempted a weak smile. Suho only shook his head and wagged his finger from side to side.

                “No no. That’s not what we agreed on. Get us Song Jihyo’s position first and then we’ll talk.” The eldest gulped.

                “Jihyo ah, are you still on the 3rd floor?” Jihyo’s voice came right after that.

                “Yeah, I’m with Gary oppa.” Jongkook faced EXO K’s leader once again.

                “There! Now the deal?” Suho pondered the thought for a moment before waving his hand.

                “Let him go.” Kai and Tao released their grip on him and walked back a few steps. “There, you’re now free to go.” He grinned. Jongkook rubbed his wrists for a bit while looking at the three suspiciously.

                “…………really?” Suho nodded.

                “Of course, we made a deal. You told us now you’re free to go. But if we catch you again, you’re out.” Jongkook quickly ran away after that. Smirking, Kai and Tao looked knowingly at each other. What Jongkook didn’t know was that Suho’s plan involved a few steps. Step one, for Jongkook to catch Chanyeol. Step two, for Kai and Tao to capture him. Step three, to squeeze information out of him and let him go. And the last step? For the rest of the members to recapture him again once he was within 10 ft from them.

                The commander continued to run without knowing what was going to happen to him. A student was in his way so he moved to the side. But the male student reacted quickly and tackled the older. Jongkook fell to the floor in surprise. He looked at the male’s face and groaned.

                “OH COME ON!” He cried out as Chen grinned down at him. Luhan came out of a crowd of students and pinned down Jongkook’s flailing hands with an emotionless face. His doe eyes boring into the commander’s. Jongkook gulped as another EXO member bounced over with an excited face.

                “We got you ~” Sehun sang happily. He usually had a blank expression most of the time but capturing Sparta Kook was a big accomplishment. He twirled his finger signaling for the members to flip Jongkook over. Jongkook refused to budge so Xiumin crouched in front and pushed. Imagine this, a grown man on the floor with two good looking idols holding him down, then another boy standing up with a triumph grin on his face, and not but not least, a cute looking boy with chubby cheeks pushing the grown man. Totally normal.

                Xiumin had successfully flipped Jongkook over. He huffed and stood up to stretch his arms a bit. Sehun smile in gee at the sight before him. Here he was, the maknae of EXO K with the tough, strong, unbeatable, practically invincible Kim Jongkook in front of him. And he had the honors of taking him out. Sehun walked forward with his arm outreached. His fingers grabbed onto the corner of the nametag. Jongkook moved his head to see the grin on the younger’s face. His face fell seeing that nothing he say would change the boy’s mind.

Riiii~iiip

                  Sehun raised the nametag above his head. His arms spread out as if to say ‘who’s da boss now’.  He had ripped off the commander’s nametag. The same person who faced five people but won in the end. The same man almost everyone feared. He was the winner.

                But then Chen ruined his moment by adding in a comment.

                “Uh…….aren’t we just suppose to put out handprint on the nametag? Not rip it out?” All the glory was erased from Sehun’s mind and he sharply turned.

                “Stop trying to ruin it for me!” Sehun whined, totally different from his usual self. Luhan chuckled. Forever a maknae.

Kim Jongkook out. Kim Jongkook out.