Part 3

Running Man EP 93: EXO Special

 

                Sehun and Chen looked through the glass with open eyes and drooling mouths. The younger of the two his lips.

                “Hey hyung, do you have money with you right now?” Chen smirked mischievously and pulled out something from his back pocket.

                “No but I do have Kris hyung’s wallet with me.” Sehun’s eyes lit up as Chen pulled out a couple of bills. “Alright, he has around 35 dollars……but let’s just take 10.” He pulled out a 10 and handed it to the younger.  Sehun eagerly ran to the cashier inwardly squealing as he ordered.

                “I would like a strawberry cheesecake and chocolate chip cookie pleaseee!” He turned to Chen. “What do you want hyung?” Chen looked at the menu for a bit.

                “A crème tart!” He exclaimed cheerfully while pointing to the sweet snack. Sehun nodded and turned back to the girl behind the cashier who was blushing like there was no tomorrow.

                “And a crème tart please!” He smiled. The girl shyly covered behind her hand to keep from screaming from joy. She slowly took out the sweets and laid them onto the counter. It took Sehun all his will to not grab them and stuff them in his face right there. Image image image. I’m an idol now. He chanted in his mind.

                “T-t-that’ll b-be $5.45 p-please.” She stammered. Sehun gave her the bill and she quickly returned the change. Chen grabbed his tart and Sehun took his. They went to a table in the far left corner of the café quietly munching on their snacks. At that moment though, someone very familiar walked into the café doors. Chen’s eyes widen as the figure walked to the cashier who served them before.

                “Oh hello. Can I get a green tea latte?” Jaesuk asked. Chen tugged on Sehun’s sleeve and gestured to Jaesuk who had no idea that two guests were leisurely eating instead of hiding or running away. The glint in both of their eyes was evident. They were going to get someone out after all. Chen snuck a seat closer to the oblivious running man. He silently patted his covered hand onto the ink pad hidden in his school bag. Sehun had done the same just in case his hyung had missed the target. Jaesuk paid for the latte and walked a few steps forward before stopping and turning to get some napkins. His back was to the idols. Using that moment, Chen sprinted forward and imprinted his hand onto the back of Jaesuk’s name tag. He grinned in triumph when his hand came in contact with the tag. Before Jaesuk could see his face, Sehun and Chen ran as fast as they could out the door leaving behind the remains of a strawberry cheesecake.  Jaesuk whipped around with a surprised look on his face, his hand was reaching for the napkins when he felt someone touching his back. He turned around only to see the backs of the students.

Yoo Jaesuk out. Yoo Jaesuk out.

                Jaesuk looked at his VJ and his VJ looked back at him.

                “BWOH?! WHAT HAPPENED?! How am I out?” His VJ simply shrugged and continued to film him.

                Chen held the walkie-talkie higher to his mouth.

                “Sehun and I got Jaesuk out. Suho hyung, where to now?” The other line was silent for a moment before someone spoke up.

                “I’m met up with Kris. We’re going to take the commander down. Where are you right now?” Chen looked around the area.

                “Somewhere near a bookstore.”

                “Oh that’s good. Oh wait, I see you! Look to your left.” Chen turned and noticed someone waving at him. Because he was on Running Man, his first instinct was to run away but then as the figure came closer he saw that it was just the leader. “I see Sehun too. Okay good.” Suho ran towards the duo with a bright smile on his face. “Hey Chen, Sehun!” He said. Chen smile back. Tao, Kris, Luhan, and Chanyeol followed behind.

                “We got Jaesuk hyung out.”

                “I got Haha out.” Tao added. Suho nodded in reply.

                “Our next mission is to get Jongkook sunbae out. He’s by far the toughest to catch. Actually, I’ve thought of a plan. Sehun, you said that he and Gwangsoo were around the 1st floor right?” Sehun nodded confirming the statement. “Good. Then my plan will work. Okay guys, gather up, we’re about to engage in some serious business.”

                Jongkook scanned around the area, glancing at students’ faces as he passed them. Gwangsoo had left to use the bathroom not too far from where he was. He then noticed something on the corner of his eye running in the opposite direction. Without thinking, he ran after the figure and eventually caught up with him. Jongkook grabbed him by the person’s shoulder and turned him around. His small eyes rounding as he recognized the person’s face.

                “What the…You’re from EXO! Chanyeol right?” Jongkook blurted out still bewildered. “What are you doing here?! Don’t tell me……EXO is the guests today?!” Chanyeol looked up at him. Holding onto his talkie, he smirked.

                “Gotcha.”