Final: We Are One!

Into Your World (너의 세상으로)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It Hurts But I'm Okay (UUUUU) - VIXX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liyGnZEHNco)       ----------------------- Narrator’s P.O.V:     The loud and harsh sound of the school bell ringing in Naeun’s ears signalled the end of yet another day.   Naeun quickly stood up and packed her supplies into her school bag before heading out the classroom door. As she neared her locker, she noticed girls enviously gazing at her from afar.   Naeun let out a quiet sigh. *This is all Baekhyun oppa’s fault.* She squirmed uncomfortably under the stares and tried to get all of her things out of her locker as soon as possible, so she could leave.   It had been one long month and a half since Baekhyun had returned to Earth. Their days together as a couple who lived together were fun, lovey-dovey, and very enjoyable, with late-night talks and promises of kisses and hugs in the morning.   Of course, it was every girl’s dream come true, to have such a doting, caring, and handsome boyfriend.   But ever since the Kangsoo incident, Naeun was even more avoided by the students at school. She was now known to be the senior that everyone envied, or the senior that was feared by many (because of Baekhyun’s threat towards Kangsoo).   All in all, students either worshipped her like a goddess, or murmured about her in the shadows. Both halves of the students didn’t dare talk to her.   Naeun, however, didn’t particularly enjoy the popularity. Of course, she was more than thankful that Kangsoo didn’t come close to her anymore, but she was still iffy about the attention. Her only incentive to finish every school day was because she could see Baekhyun. Naeun shut her locker and made her way out the front entrance of the school.   “Look, it’s Naeun sunbae!”   “Shh! She’ll hear you!”   “She’s so pretty!”   “Her boyfriend’s so hot! Look at him, just waiting for her at the gates!”   Oh yeah, one more thing.   Ever since that incident, Baekhyun had also been more uneasy about her getting bullied at school, and thus, he came to the conclusion that he would pick her up after school every day.   A crowd of girls squealed in the corner as they saw a figure with his hands in his pockets, kicking rocks at his feet.   “Oppa,” Naeun automatically called out.   Upon hearing her voice, the figure swiveled around. Immediately, his face brightened and his eyes twinkled, “Naeun-ah.”   Naeun hurried over to him with a grimace, “You know, you really don’t have to go to the trouble of picking me up all the time.”   Baekhyun waved it off and happily smiled at her, her cheek once, “I want to. After all, I can see you earlier instead of having to wait at home.”   Naeun softened at his sweet words. *What a cheesy man.* She chuckled to herself. From afar, she heard the same girls gossiping loudly about Baekhyun and her. She made a discontented face and pulled on Baekhyun’s arm, “Come on, Baek. Let’s go.”   Baekhyun blinked in surprise. A knowing smile slowly spread on his face as he noticed the faint blush on Naeun’s cheeks. *How cute.* He quietly followed until they were a safe distance away from the school.   “They’re so annoying.” Naeun frowned then looked at Baekhyun. “You stand out too much, you know.” She joked.   Baekhyun rolled his eyes, “No I don’t.” He held out his hand, “Bag.”   Naeun blinked and put a firm grip on her backpack straps, “It’s okay. You came all this way to pick me up. I’ll carry it.”   Baekhyun narrowed his eyes and suddenly pointed at something, “Oh! What’s that?!”   “Huh?” Naeun gullibly turned, “I don’t see anything—“ Seizing the chance, Baekhyun smoothly pulled the backpack off of Naeun’s shoulders and slipped it over his, “Kidding.” He stuck out his tongue childishly and held out a hand, “Come on, naïve girl.”   “Hey!” Naeun yelped as Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took her by the hand, “Slowpoke.”   Without him seeing, Naeun stuck his tongue out to the back of his head and laughed. Beaming in contentment, she caught up to him and hugged his arm. Baekhyun confusedly glanced at her but soon gently smiled, letting go of her hand but putting his arm around her and pecking her cheek.   “How was your day today?”   “It was alright.”   Their conversations lingered in the air as the happy couple continued down the sidewalk.   --------------------------   After getting soft-serve ice cream, Baekhyun and Naeun decided to head home. She had to get started on dinner, anyways.   Baekhyun his strawberry cone as Naeun ate her vanilla cone. She glanced at the pink treat and giggled, “Pink. Manly.”   Baekhyun turned to her, jokingly offended, “How could you? Pink is the manliest colour in the world.” Naeun shook her head, “Whatever you say, macho man.”   “Yah!” Baekhyun let out a hearty laugh. Naeun chuckled along and innocently smiled, a devious plan forming in her head.   “Oppa~” She chimed.   Baekhyun lowered his cone and turned to Naeun, “Yeah—“ He gawked, stunned as Naeun pushed his hand near his face. His strawberry ice cream smashed into his cheek a little.   Naeun doubled over in laughter as she skipped ahead of him and pointed at his dumbstruck expression, “Puhaha! Now your ice cream is Baekhyun flavoured~”   Baekhyun’s bangs fell in front of his face as his eyes glinted darkly, “…Song Naeun….!”   “Eep!” Naeun yelped and laughed as she ran away from him. The neighborhood was close to their house, so not many people passed by.   “Come back here!” Baekhyun grinned and chased after her. “No!” Naeun protested and ran as fast as she could.   After a while of running, the two soon were out of breath, and Baekhyun really didn’t have the heart to smush ice cream on Naeun’s pretty little face, “Okay, okay… I’ll let you off.”
Please log in to read the full chapter