Day 14

A Little Too Late

               “Hello, my name is ________. I’m very happy to meet you all.” You give a bow to the office. Scattered voices greet you and you smile at each one, unable to recognize the faces. A tall girl about your age approaches you. Her long brown wavy hair flowed down and her moon shaped eyes smiles at you.

               “Hi! I’m Victoria, you can call me Vicks or Vicky.” She holds her hand out and you happily returned the handshake. “You’re Mr. Park’s new assistant right?”

               “Yes.” You reply, smiling brightly.

               “Oh. My. Gosh. You’re so lucky!” Vicky clenches her teeth and talks between the gaps in excitement. You look at her with a confused stare.

               “Why? What do you mean?” You ask.

               “He’s just one of the most successful, handsome, youngest lawyers in the Big Apple.” Vicky shrugs, “No big deal.” She says sarcastically. You laugh, having a feeling that you will definitely make a new friend while working here.

               “Well, guess I’m lucky then.” You chuckle and fix your skirt, “Um, Vicky, do you think you can show me where the bathroom is before I start?” You ask sheepishly.

               Vicky laughs and points behind you. “Of course, just over there and turn left.”

               “Thanks!” You grin and make your way to the bathroom.

               As you walk out, you bump into someone, feeling hot liquid pouring all over your body.

               “Agh!” You let out a small yelp of pain, the heat searing through your new blouse and into your skin.

               “Ah. I’m so sorry!” A voice apologizes and you see someone quickly grabbing a towel and handing it to you. You take the towel and start dabbing the coffee stains on your shirt, begging for the brownness to fade away. The person in front of you clears his throat awkwardly as you clean yourself. You suddenly realize your manners and look up.

               “I’m sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I’m _________.” You bow and look up.

               The person chuckles, “So, you’re my new assistant eh?” Your eyes widen in shock. Him? Your new supervisor? You definitely expected some short bald old man regardless of what Vicky said before.

               “Pleasure to meet you, I’m Park Tae hun, but you can just call me Jason.” He smiles and speaks English with a tinge of a Korean accent. “Sorry for the bad start, I hope we can get along.” His warm laughter echoes inside your ears.

               You laugh along, “Yes, nothing says first day at work than being spilled over with coffee.”

               Jason smiles and shoves his hands inside his pants pocket, “Come on, I’ll show you your desk.” He waits for you to put away the dirty towel and starts walking beside you. You can’t help but catch small glimpses of Jason. He was tall, your head only reached to his shoulders. His features look as if they were painted by an artist; it was delicate yet demonstrated his masculinity.

               You were lead to a spacious glass laminated desk with a computer. There was already a load of files that needed to be worked on. Your eyes widen a little at how much papers need to be sorted.

               “Sorry, that’s why I needed an assistant.” He sheepishly admits.

               “Well, that’s what I’m here for, right?” You laugh and take your seat, feeling Jason’s eyes on you. You look up, “Am…I doing something wrong?” You ask cautiously.

               Jason laughs, “No no, it’s just…” His cheeks are tainted with a small tint of pink then he quickly looks away, “Please continue.” He opens the door to his office beside your desk and enters without saying another word.

               Confused, you look at the reflection of the computer screen. Is there something on my face? Do I smell bad? You pull the collar of your shirt towards your nose. Nope, it’s my Daisy By Marc Jacobs perfume. Then you look down, your black laced bra was showing through the still-wet liquid stains of the coffee.

               Oh. My. God. This is…so embarrassing. You groan to yourself and ruffle your hair frustrated, then realizing that you just messed up your hair that you spent half an hour perfecting this morning. You cover your body as much as you can with your arms and walk to Vicky’s desk.

               “Vicky…do you have spare clothes?” You ask meekly. Vicky looks up from her work and stares at you before nodding her head.


               “Oh wow, that’s priceless.” Vicky claps her hands and laughs like a maniac inside the ladies room. You laugh embarrassedly with her as you slip on her clean blouse, which was a little big in the bust area but it will do.

               “Best way to start your first day of work huh?” You joke as you exit the toilet stall, meeting Vicky who was sitting on the counter, still laughing.

               “I can’t believe your bra was shown your supervisor, and not just any other Lawyer in this firm, but Park Tae Jun!” Vicky explodes and goes through another phase of laughter.

               “Thanks for the comfort.” You say sarcastically, “And the shirt of course.”

               “No problem.” She smiles, holding in her laughter.

               “I have to go now, Jason has a load of work for me to do.”

               “Jason? You call him Jason?” Vicky raises an eyebrow at you.

               “He told me to call him that…doesn’t everyone?” You ask, confused.

               “Hah. No.” Vicky shakes her head, “He tells us that he prefers to go by Mr. Park, but you missy…” She smirks, “I smell something in the air~” She sings.

               “Oh god, no Vicky, it’s not like that.” You wave your hands defensively.

               “Why not? Come on, he’s gorgeous. And I bet you 10 bucks that he already has a thing for you.” She nudges you in the arm.

               “I…can’t.” You look down. “Even if he does have a “thing” for me, which I doubt, with the chances are like negative, it won’t happen.”

               Vicky looks at you, “Just been out of a relationship?” She asks.

               You nod softly, “And I’m still deeply in love with him.”

 

 

huhuhu haven't updated for so long~

and i'm not sure if its a good chapter ><

hope u guys like it >< please comment ~~