Day 538

A Little Too Late

              

              
               Kris brought you in front of a door along the corridor with patches of sound proof cushion. “He’s in here.” He said, nudging you to enter. You give Kris a look that revealed all your doubt and anxiety, betraying your calm appearance. Kris nods slightly before walking away, his tall and lean figure disappearing.

               Taking a deep breath, your hand shakes as you reach for the handle. The door makes a small creak as you enter. The room was filled with all types of equipment for music production, and in the middle sat the man you love so dearly. In front of him was a table which placed a pair of sunglasses and a walking stick that rested against the desk.

Why does Yixing need sunglasses in this weather…it’s snowing outside.

 Yixing’s eyes were closed as his large earphones covered his ears, head slightly bobbing to the beat of whatever he is listening to.

               He didn’t notice your presence, not even one bit. You hear soft noises of somebody’s cries echo throughout the room, and then you realized that it was yourself. You clasp your hand over your mouth to stop the whimpering, while silent tears stream down your face.

               Lay was blind. Because of you, he couldn’t see anymore.

               The room was suffocating, it felt like air was being taken out of your lungs. You quickly leave the room, back against the door. In front of you stood Kris, his expression showing that he expected your reaction.

               “W-what happened?” You choke, “His eyes…”

               Kris looks at you with sympathy, “He loves you so much. Yixing had to protect the one person that was dear to him, even if it carried heavy consequences.

               Your mind blanks out.

               Yixing was the donor.

               That is why he went to visit you everyday.

               That is why he left you right after the surgery.

               That is why he was…telling you lies to keep you away from him.

               “I-I have to talk to him.” You quickly wipe away your tears, but Kris grabs your arm.

               “No, you can’t let him know who you are. The last thing he wants is for you to pity him, or spend the rest of your life living with the guilt. He just…wants you to be happy, just like how you brought happiness into his life.”

               You stare onto the floor, absorbing all of Kris’ words, having no idea of what to do. Everything was so unexpected; your mind wasn’t ready for anything like this.

               “Kris, there’s absolutely no way I’m leaving him.” Your voice grew determined and stiff, showing that you were standing firm on your belief.

               Kris looks at you, reading all of the emotions going through your head before giving a quick nod. “I have an idea.”


               “What? You’re not coming back forever?” Vicky wailed on the phone, you can almost see the pout on her lips.

               “I’ll definitely visit you Vicks, don’t worry about it!”

               “You better! Or else I’m going to Seoul or Changsha or wherever you are and raid into your home!” She shouts, causing you to laugh. “Did you tell Jason about it yet?”

               “Mhm, he told me that I’m welcome to go back to work anytime I want to.” You smile, thankful for the kindness that Jason has offered you.

               “See? I told you, he’s still not over you!”

               “He treats me like a little sister,” You whine, “nothing more, nothing less. I promise!”

               “Does that mean I can call dibs on him now?” You can hear the excitement coming from the other line.

               You burst into laughter, “Yes yes, I was never forbidding you to like Jason you know.”

               “I love you so much!” Vicky exclaims. “But I have to go now, I can see the new secretary for Jason ogling her eyes at him.”

               “Alright. I’ll talk to you soon.” You smile, then hearing a beep after Vicky said bye.

               You drop your cellphone into your bag, fixing the badge around neck. Walking into the SM Entertainment Building, you clutch your hand tightly on your bag, making your way through the lobby and hallways.

               You soon find yourself facing the familiar environment of sound proof cushioned walls and a modern metallic door. Hands on the door, you walk into the room.

               Yixing’s head looks up, with a pair of sunglasses covering his eyes.

               “Who’s this?”

               You stare at Yixing, confirming once again the fact that he cannot recognize you. Taking a deep breath, you take another step closer to him.

               “Anyeonghasaeyo, I’m your new assistant, Ha Sunmin.” Your head falls forward, taking a deep bow.

 

a/n: woohooo~ finally meeting Yixing again~ do you guys see where im going? hm? hm?

please leave a comment~ my only motivation to keep writing :3