This Prince Thing is a Little Overrated

Prince Chanyeol Said He's Gay So We Said "I Do"

[HyunJin POV]

“Would you like some fruits?” I asked my mother. It was the typical hospital scene.

That pitiful one you always see in the Korean Dramas.

But, don’t pity me here. I’m not one to be pitied.

I hate things like that, things like sympathy. It just shows weakness.

And I hated showing weakness. I even cut my hair short.

Because, it made me feel more powerful.

Actually, I was more powerful. Way more powerful than those girls that walk around wearing frilly clothes with their hair long and perfect. The ones that think they have the most stressful life in the world because they woke up one morning and saw a pimple on their face.

I wasn’t like that for sure. For one thing, today I was wearing a pair of skinny jeans and a baggy shirt. Comfort clothes.

My mother weakly nodded.

“Alright, I’ll go and get it. I’m going to just give it to the nurse okay? Or else I’ll be late for work.” I explained and skipped away.

While I was walking to the super market I saw a girl sobbing while looking at a poster.

Running up to her, I pulled some tissues from my bag and gave them to her. “Are you okay?” I asked.

She shook her head and pointed to the poster in front of her. “Prince C-Chanyeol.” She sobbed. “He was supposed to be mine!”

I looked at the poster too.  

Tsk. They were everywhere. It was so overrated. 

They were these posters put out by the royal family.

Well, the crown prince to be specific. Prince Chanyeol.

He was gay and looking for the best looking gay guy to marry. It was well advertised all over South Korea.

Ugh, these girls. They don’t even know him and yet sob like this in front of posters.

Why? I mean I knew he was rich but he wasn’t worth crying you’re eyes out over.

 I sighed. There was no reason to comfort her. “Well, good luck with that then.” I gave her a final pat on the back and continued to the market.

When I got there I looked at all the different stands full of fresh fruit to pick from.

I was the best at fruit picking and proud of it.

I knew it wasn’t a great talent. But whatever. For someone who doesn’t have too many it’s still something to be proud of.

I bent over a basket of mangoes and reached towards the strawberries.

Ah, they looked so sweet. I couldn’t wait to cut, wash and bite into them. I was my lips just thinking about it.

“How much?” I asked the owner of the stand.

But when she turned around she gasped, dropped everything she were holding and pointed somewhere. “T-The Crown Prince” she finally said.

I stared at her confused. Then I laughed, must be  prank or something. “He wouldn’t be somewhere like here.” I told her. “How much?” I asked again, I was getting late.

And then someone grabbed my arm.

“You’re mine.”  a deep voice said from behind me.