Night Terrors

What is love

It sky was dark. The air was still. The park was empty. The only source of light was coming from the only lamp post in the middle of the park.
 

 

I stood there alone, not really sure what was going on at that moment. I walked around, trying to get out of the park, but in the end I came back to where the lamp post was.

 

I was walking in circles.

 

Then, I saw a shadow, a person, a few feet in front of me. I hurried my footsteps and followed her. I tried to get her attention, but she wasn’t responding. Can’t she hear me?

 

No, that wasn’t the case. In fact, there weren’t any sound coming out from my mouth as I speak. I felt like I had become mute.

 

I reached out my hand and placed it on her shoulder, hoping she would turn around and help me out of this creepy place.

 

She did turn around, with both of her hands around my neck.

 

I couldn’t breathe. The pressure on my neck was too hard. It’s getting tighter and tighter.

 

“It’s your fault.” She muttered with her voice low and it was filled with hatred. “It’s your entire fault.”

I couldn’t see her face. I could feel my eyes rolling back. Who is she? Why? What have I done to her?

My head feels dizzy. My lungs were running out of oxygen. I gasped for air desperately, trying to push her hands away. But I was too weak to even lift my hands up.

 

I’m going to die.

 

After a few seconds, or maybe minutes of trying to keep myself alive, she final looked up at stare straight into my eyes.

 

 

 

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

 

My held onto my throat and inhaled in deeply. My heart was beating madly in my chest. My eyes darted around the familiar surroundings.

 

 

I was in my bedroom.

 

 

No park. No lamp post. No woman.

 

 

Or I should say…….

 

 

 

 

 

 

No mother.

 

 

 

-

Nightmares. That’s what we call them. But in my case, I’m guessing the word ‘night terrors’ would be more appropriate.

 

It’s been almost two years since I had them. I don’t only have such dreams at night. All I have to do is just close my eyes. If I’m lucky, I would sleep through without encountering any of these. But if I’m not that lucky, they appear.

I would sometimes wake up screaming and confused. Most of the time I have no memory of what I’ve dream about, all I know that it was horrible and unpleasant.

 

“Stress, tension, trauma.” My therapist told me when I first meet her. And all she gave me was a bottle of pills.

 

Sleeping pills.

 

Once every two nights so I could fall asleep at first, then lessen the dosage as it could lead to side effects.

 

But then again, the pills are not working anymore.

 

I guess these dreams are telling me something. Because I am always getting haunted by the same people. Two of them.

 

I pour some sour flavoured skittles onto my palm and feign a yawn so I could push those sweets into my mouth.

 

Tick tock tick tock….

 

10 more minutes before the school bell rings. 10 more minutes and I could finally close my eyes and get some rest.

After I woke up last night, I force myself to stay awake. Because if I had fall asleep again, I would be in another ugly dream, and I might hurt myself without knowing.

 

I put my hands under the desk and pour more skittles onto my palm. Dang. I’ve finished them all.

 

 

3 packets to be exact.

 

 

9minutes to go. Hold on Hana. The bell will ring in no time.

 

There was a knock on the door. The teacher looked away from the board and called the person to come in.

Squeals and gasped were heard when the boy walks in. Why of course. It’s the guardian of EXO.

He flashed his signature smile to some of us and started talking to the teacher.

 

“Okay students. Please try out the exercises in page 78. You can leave when the bell rings.”

 

The teacher sat back down on his table as Suho gave him some papers.

 

Right on cue, I let my head fall onto the table and felt myself drifting away to sleep.

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo's POV)~

 

“Just ask Mr. Hong to sign these papers. He’ll know what to do with them.”

“Yes, teacher.” Suho said and took the papers from her.

“Oh, you don’t have to return here anymore. You can leave after you pass him these.”

“Yes.” Suho said again. “Can I bring Kyung Soo with me?”

She raised her eyebrow at us and smiled. “Sure.”

 

And that’s how I find myself walking to a class with Suho.

 

“Hmm…where is it.” Suho tapped his finger on his lips. “Ah! Found it. Wait outside.”

 

I leaned my back against the wall as he went into the class. I felt something in my pocket when I put my hands in them. Slowly pulling out my hands, I saw the piece of pink paper.

 

 

"Dreams have only one owner at a time. That’s why dreamers are lonely."

-Erma Bombeck-

 

 

 

This is new. The quote sounded sad. I wonder what is on her mind when she wrote this.

And I need to find out who is the owner of these notes. This curiosity is killing me.

 

The bell rang and the door of each classroom started opening. Students were running out happily and swinging their bags in the air. Some boys were already starting to loosen up their red with black strips tie.

I stuck the piece of note back into the pocket of my beige colour trousers and move to another side so the students won’t bump into me.

“Oh! Annyeonghaseyo Kyung Soo sunbae-nim!” Some girls greeted me with a wave. I smiled back at them.

 

“Ommo, he smiled at me! Did you see?” The girls squeal away.

 

What’s Suho taking so long? It’s uncomfortable getting stared by unknown girls.

 

I looked up and read the small plate that was on top of the classroom door.

 

Y2 - A

 

My eyes widen. This class is….

 

Laughter were heard from my right. And then, she walked out with her friends.

 

She no longer have long fringe, it was cut short and rested right above her eyebrows. Her hair was still long and wavy. Her skin was still milky and flawless.

Our eyes met as she turned towards my direction. I could feel myself blushing.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kyung Soo oppa.” She greeted me sweetly. She tugged her hair behind her ear as she bowed down.

“A-annyeonghaseyo..S-Sulli- shii.” I stuttered. Not cool Kyung Soo. So not cool.

 

She covered with her hand and let out a giggle. “Are you waiting for Suho oppa?” she asked. I just nodded my head.

“You can go inside.” She said. “There are only a few students left.” Her voice sounded lovely. Everything about her is so lovely.

“O-okay.”

“See you around, Kyung Soo oppa.” She bowed again. I mirrored her actions.

 

She called me oppa twice. Nothing new, she calls me that all the time. But it always made me so happy.

 

I cleared my throat and patted my cheek before walking into the classroom. Suho was still talking with the teacher as the last two boys left the room.

 

No, they weren’t the last. There is still one person inside, with her head lying on top of the table next to the window.

I didn’t know why but when I saw her hair, I instantly knew it was Hana. She is the only girl that comes to school with different types of hairdo, especially braids, and also a ribbon.

I would be lying to say I have never notice her before we officially met. Our lockers were nearby each other, so I practically catch a glimpse of her every morning.

 

“Should we wake her up?” A voice said next to my ear.

 

I jumped and fell to the side, accidentally pushing a table away.

 

“Damn!” I hissed at him, pressing a hand on my chest. “When did you get here?”

Suho laughed. “A while ago. Who is she? It seems like you know her.”

“It’s Hana.”

 

His mouth formed an ‘O’ shape and he patted my shoulder. “Alright, gotta go.”

“What? But…we can’t just leave her here, right?” I said.

He shrugged. “Oh I don’t know. She’s your girlfriend. You figure it out.”

“I…but....hyung!”

Suho waved his hands and started walking away. “Bye!”

 

 

-

I couldn’t see anything. Did someone turn off the lights? Where am I right now?

I reached out my hands, trying to hold onto something but there wasn’t any.

 

BANG BANG BANG.

 

Gun shots. I screamed. Again, there wasn’t any sound coming out from my mouth.

 

A bullet penetrated into my right arm. I fell down.

 

More gun shots. This time, I could see the bullets on the ground.

 

I got up from my knees and started running. Another bullet hit my shoulder.

 

I scream. I was crying. I was trying to run as fast as I could. But why do I feel like I’m still stuck in the same spot?

 

A hand grabbed me. I pushed it away but he caught my other wrist. I tried to kick him. He caught my leg.

 

He called my name again and again. I tried to push him away but my body was in pain to do so.

 

“Hana!”

 

My eyes flickered open and it blinked rapidly itself. The hand was still on my shoulder.

 

I shoot up and pushed it away, ended up hitting my elbow onto something next to me. I winced in pain as I grabbed onto my elbow.

 

Kyung Soo’s eyes were wide open as he stood in front of me. My breathing was short and I could feel the sweat dripping down from my forehead.

 

“Hana….?” He called.

 

I was still sitting in my seat in the classroom. It looked like I had fallen asleep for quite some time because the sky wasn’t as bright as earlier.

I crossed my arms on my table and buried my head it in. I felt something soft underneath. It was another blazer.

 

Weird. I’m still wearing mine. Whose blazer is this?

 

It was then I realised the familiar scent from it. And it hit me that Kyung Soo wasn’t wearing any blazer.

 

“Hana.” He called my name softly.

 

I pretended I had somehow fallen back to sleep or something. I didn’t want to face him. It’s embarrassing. I must have been tossing and trashing around violently, like how I always do.

 

But that did not stop him from approaching me.

 

The sound of the chair grazing the floor stop and I felt something on the back of my neck.

 

“Don’t….don’t touch me.” I whispered, fearing I would push him away like how I did in my dreams. “Not now….Please.”

 

His fingers started moving slowly, making circles around my nape.

 

“Shh…It’s okay.” He said in his oh-so-gentle voice. “It’s alright.”

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo's POV)~

 

I took out my handkerchief out from my pocket and wiped off the sweat from her forehead. My left hand was still around her neck. I could feel her starting to relax as I repeated the same motions again and again.

 

She looked so tired earlier, so I decided not to wake her up and stayed in the classroom. Looking at how uncomfortable she is, I took off my blazer, folded it into four and placed in under her head.

After finishing up my homework, I decided to take a short nap. I didn’t even get to sleep actually, because I heard her kicking the table.

 

I chuckled trying to imagine what she was dreaming that makes her kick something. I looked up at the clock on the wall.

 

 

42 minutes. That’s how long she had been sleeping.

 

But she keeps kicking the table. I cringe when her ankle made contact with the side of the wood directly. Then, she started screaming. I quickly got up and take a look at her.

 

She was crying. Her arms shot up as if she was shielding herself from something. I tried to wake her up, but she keep pushing me away, hitting my stomach in between.

 

 

“Kyung Soo….”

I woke up from my trance when I saw her looking at me from the corner of her eyes. I ducked my head down to meet her eye level.

“Yes?” I said. “Do you need anything?”

“No…” she sighed into my blazer. “I…I’m sorry.”

I shook my head. “It’s okay. You just had a bad dream. It’s okay.”

“I….Did I hurt you?”

I smiled and told her she didn’t, even though her punch was really painful.

 

She took my hand that was still resting on her nape and placed it on her cheek.

 

“One minute.” She breathes with her eyes close. “Just…..let me hold your hand for one minute.”

 

I looked down at my hand that was now pressed between her cheek and her own hand.

 

“Please…” she begged again, her voice sounded weak. “Just for a while… 30seconds then….or 20…..”

 

 

I patted her head with my right hand. “Of course. Of course you can.” I said. I her hair as she nuzzled her cheek with my hand.

 

 

 

 “For as long as you want, Hana.” I whispered.

 


Hello everyone! So....I'm currently settling some application stuffs cos it's getting complicated. i'm applying to study overseas but sudd i was told that i am suppose to take some specific subjects and...well i haven't took them so i might not be able to go overseas. SIGH~ I'm still working on it though. Just keeping my fingers cross for now.
 

 

EXO K in uniforms. Gah... why are they so good looking in everything. (Look at our happy virus hehe)

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting! Sorry if my story is out of your expectation. I'll try to write better =)

Have a nice day! <3<3

 

ps: Just curious. How did you guy found my story/stories? =)