Thank you

What is love

The moment he said he needed to go, I was so happy that I wanted to stand up and do a dance. But I manage to keep calm and help him down the stairs.

Talking to Kyung Soo’s grandfather was like being interrogated by police officers. It’s like I had committed a crime or something. I had to think twice, no, three times before I speak. Okay, make that four times.

 

But…..he wasn’t that bad. In fact, he had heard about my dad.

 

“Professor Lee Jun Hwan? Is he the economics professor?”

“Y-yes.”

“Oh I’ve heard about him. He is a very good professor.”

 

And because of that, he knew that I’ve lost my dad. And he also knew how he died.

 

 

“Does Kyung Soo know about this?” he asked me. Gosh, how can he see through me?

 

Well, I did tell him my parents are no longer here. But I lied about the part on how they died…

 

Brr…..let’s not think about it.

 

 

My thoughts were cut off when I heard someone talking. There were two of them.

 

“Hello young lady.” One of them asked. “May I ask why is such a beautiful lady standing all alone here?”

I didn’t respond.

“So whose daughter are you? I don’t think I’ve seen you before.” The other one asked.

I gave them a smile.

“Don’t be afraid of us. We won’t hurt you.” The first one said.

 

Right. Then why are you smirking like an idiot?

 

I looked around hoping Kyung Soo would appear. No hope.

 

“Come on, don’t stay here by yourself.” He said and reached for my hand. I immediately back away.

“Don’t be shy.”

 

He placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me towards him. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to our friends.”

“No.”

“Oh hey! She finally speaks!”

 

I don’t find that funny.

 

I wanted to take his hands away from me but he tightens the grip.

“I’m waiting for someone. Please let go.” I said.

“Really? Who are you waiting for?” he asked.

I was contemplating whether I should say Kyung Soo’s name. But he didn’t seem to buy it.

 

“Just come with me. I won’t let you feel lonely.”

“Hey.” The other guy said. “I thought we agreed she’s mine.” Then he took my hand.

“No. I saw her first.” The other said and pulls me back.

 

Do I look like an object or something?

 

I twisted myself out from his arm. “Sorry. Not interested.”

“Come on, don’t be like this. Let’s get to know each other and we can hang out after this boring party.”

He pulled me so close to him, practically dragging me away and it looks like he was hugging me. Mind you, my dress was strapless so his hands were on my bare shoulder.

 

Alright, action time. We girls don’t wear heels for nothing.

 

Before I could step on his foot, I felt something around my waist and I was pulled backwards. I was spun around and my face came into contact with someone’s chest. Then, I found myself staring at a black bow tie.

 

“Good Evening, gentlemen.” His said calmly.

 

“Ah! K-kyung Soo- shii!”

 

“Harassing another lady? Again?” he asked. He sounded angry. And this was the first time I’ve ever heard him speaking like this.

 

“You….you know her?” one of them asked.

“You didn’t answer my question.”

“N-no..we were just…talking. Right?”

“Yeah. Just talking.” The other one added.

 

“Hmm.” Kyung Soo replied in boring tone.

 

I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing. Fools, you’re both taller and bigger than Kyung Soo but now you’re afraid of him.

 

Wow wait, they are……afraid of him?

 

I lifted my chin and looked at him. His eyes…there were so…intense. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he glares at them. I’ve never seen this side of him. He is always the smiling adorable boy in school. For a second I was afraid instead.

 

“You know her?” one of them asked again.

 

Kyung Soo tightens his grip around my waist and pulled me closer to him. “What if I say yes?”

“Ah…hehe.” he laughed nervously. “We er…well, nice knowing you erm…Kyung Soo’s lady.”

“I don’t remember letting you talk to her.” he said with his deep voice.

I tugged his coat. “You’re scary.” I whispered.

He looked down at me and patted my head. “See? She’s scared now.”

 

That’s..…not what I meant….

 

I saw his grandfather from the corner of my eyes. He looked amuse at what was going on. Kyung Soo was too busy giving the boys a hard time to even notice.

 

“Kyung Soo…” I whispered to him. “Your grandfather is watching.”

He didn’t say a word. Instead, he my hair gently and pressed his cheek onto the side of my head.

 

“We’re really sorry.” the boys said. “Er…we’re…we’ll leave. Bye.”

 

He held me in his arms for a while before releasing me.

“Are you alright? They didn’t do anything to you right?” he said, turning me around checking for bruise.

“No, I’m fine. Thank you.”

“Anytime.” He smiled. “Do you want to go out? It’s crowded in here.”

“Yes please.” I said.

He held my hand as I turned my head back to where grandfather was standing. He was no longer there.

“Careful. Steps.” He said. I walked down the stairs and let him lead me to the back of his house.

 

“Whoa…”

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo’s POV)~

I released her hand as she ran towards the gardens.

 

“Wah!!!”

She giggles as she turns herself around with her arms wide open. “This is so huge! You can…you can play Frisbee here!”

I chuckled to myself and lean against one of the brown garden chairs. Crossing my arms, I smiled at her as she bends down and looked at some flowers.

Her head was moving left to right as she reached out to touch the flowers. Her eyes sparkle with excitement when she waves her hand at me.

“Can I go there?” she pointed towards the direction of the pool.

“Sure.”

 

I pushed myself away from the chair and went to walk beside her.

 

“Kyung Soo.” She called my name. “Yes?”

“About those two boys earlier…who are they?” she asked.

“Ah. Idiots. They are playing their betting game again.”

“B-betting games?”

“Yeah.” I said, putting one of my hands behind her back and guided her out of the grass ground. “They will look for a prey..I mean..girl, then pretend to be friends with her and bet on which one of them will the girl choose to go home with.”

“Oh.” Was the only word that came out from .  

“Good thing I saw you. Or you’ll be drag away by them.” I said. “And well….”

“Ah, I was about to step on his foot before you came. I should have done that.” She laughed.

“Yeah. You should have done that.”

“But…” she turned around and faced me. “Thank you, for protecting me.” she smiled at me sweetly.

“Oh! The lights are so beautiful!” she said and ran towards the pool side.

 

 

 

As for me, I had temporary forgotten how to breath.

 

 

 

-

“Sir, you are needed in the room now.”

I was startle by the person’s voice. It was a servant.

The both of us were sitting on a swing by the poolside, just enjoying the view and each other’s company.

Kyung Soo house is so freaking gorgeous. It’s like one of my dream home I saw on HOME magazines. So they do exist.

“Okay. I’ll be inside in a minute.” He said. The servant bowed and left.

“I…have to go in.”

I nodded my head. “Go on. Don’t mind me.”

“Do you…want to come in with me?”

I waved my hand. “It’s alright. I like it here.”

“Okay.” He said. “But.. What if they come after you again?”

I laughed. “I’ll just kick them in the-…er, I mean… Push them down the pool.”

“There are more than two of them actually. There are a bunch of friends and they like to-”

“I’ll be fine. Like I said, I’ll push them down the pool.”

He smiled and exhaled deeply. “Okay. Don’t go anywhere. Stay here. I’ll be back in a while. Hmm?”

I held my thumbs up with a smile.

He bowed slightly and left. I started swinging myself on the swing then.

 

So this is his life huh? Having parties every once in a while, meeting business partners, exchange fake smiles, talk about business, then brag about their business… business business business….

 

Yawns….Boring….. How did he even go through this? Poor Kyung Soo.

 

Suddenly, he come running back to me. I held onto the outer bar to stop the swing.

He took off his coat and draped it around my shoulder.

“Here.” He said, buttoning up the first few buttons. ”I don’t want you to catch a cold.”

Then, he ran back towards the house.

 

 

 

He said he will be back in a while.

He came back after an hour. Or maybe more.

I felt asleep on the swing when he came back to me. I cover my mouth and yawn a few times, trying to stay awake before walking back to say goodbye to his parents and grandfather.

 

And now, I’m trying hard not to fall asleep in the car.

 

Urgh, blaming on the ballet production. Why am I in charge?

 

I sink into the seat and tighten his coat around me. Hmm….it smells good…and…it makes me feel calm….

 

Soon, my eyes gave up and I fell asleep.

 

 

 

-

Kyung Soo caught Hana’s body just in time before she fell forward. He knocked on the screen and told the driver to driver slower.

He picked up the fallen pillow and put it back on her lap. He then wrapped his coat around her body.

Hana’s was deep in sleep with slightly ajar. Her head hung down again when the driver makes a turn.

Kyung Soo scooted closer to her and placed her head on his shoulder. He gently pushed up her fallen glasses back to her nose.

He smiled and lean his head on top of hers as he held her hand.

 

 

“Thank you so much, Hana.” He whispered to her. “Thank you.”

 


Greetings! =D Hmm..i wonder what shall i write for the next chapter.... kekeke..

And omg, your comments are so funny for the last chapter haha!! Love reading all the comments everytime i log in =D

Thank you for reading! I hope it's not boring. *heart*