Saturday

What is love

“Hana…Hana? You finally pick up!”

 

Kyung Soo sounded so happy over the phone. I got a shock of my life when I saw how many missed calls and messages he left for me yesterday night. He was so paranoid about this whole fake relationship thing but I was too tired to reply him.

 

I guess he really don’t want to be engaged.

 

“Uh…? Oh yeah. Sorry about last night.” I said. “And I forgot to tell you I couldn’t meet you today.”

 

“It’s okay. I just want to know your house address. I’ll pick you up tomorrow.”

 

I let out a yawn and quickly cover my mouth. “Opps.”

 

Kyung Soo laughed. “Sleepy?”

“Er…something like that.” I said, rubbing my eyes. “Do I need to bring anything?”

“No, just bring yourself.” He laughed again. “Oh, wear a nice dress. I mean…er…it’s a formal event so…”

I stretched myself and buried my head in my jacket the was on the floor. “Hmm, gotcha.”

“Okay. Don’t forget to text me okay? Bye bye!”

I chuckled and hung up. He really is naturally adorable.

 

“Alright 10minutes is up! Back to position!”

I groaned and sat up from the floor. The first thing or the first person I saw was Jong In.

“Did that boy even rest?” I muttered to myself and stood up.

 

“Now couple up, I’ll teach you the first lifting.” Ken, our choreographer called. “This is a bit tricky.”

 

He turned around and looked at me.

 

Oh nonononono don’t call me to-

 

“Hana.” He said, putting his hand towards me. “Come here.”

 

I reluctantly walked over and slip my hand into his.

 

“Where is your assistant?” I hissed under my breath.

 

He smiled. “She’ll be back. Don’t worry I won’t drop you.”

 

I turned around so my back was facing him and open my arms.

 

“Girls, pay close attention. When I lift you up…”

He lifted me up and I scream a little. I looked down and glare at him. He ignored me and took my hand.

“When you’re up, bend your leg to the back and make a half turn as you let yourself fall.”

He then dropped me, arms around my waist and I was now facing him.

“Next time please warn me!”

He smiled and turned me around. “One more time. Hana, remember to turn.”

 

Lift, bend, turn, and drop.

 

“Okay boys. Come. Lift her.”

 

What?! Nononono!

 

I wasn’t worried about Jun Young actually. We partner up for a few lessons before so we cooperate just fine.

 

But as for Jong In…

 

He let out a breath and smiled at me. “You ready?”

 

He smiles…again…

 

“Don’t drop me.”

He chuckled and shook his head. “I won’t. Trust me.”

 

Right. Trusting someone who annoys me every day in…..whoa!

 

“Bend your knees Hana!”

 

I quickly bend them as I make a turn around him and slid down. His hands were on my waist while mine were on his shoulder.

He looked up and smiled at me again. “See? I didn’t drop you.”

As he speaks I could feel the hot air coming out from his mouth on my forehead. I clear my throat and pushed him away.

 

Is it me or is it quite stuffy in here? I think I need some water. Yeah, water.

 

 

 

Ice water.

 

 

-

“I guess that’s about it.”

“Yeah…I guess…”

 

To be honest I wasn’t really listening. I was busy admiring the interior of the Bentley.

 

Woohoo I’m sitting in a Bentley! I feel like bouncing on my seat.

 

Kyung Soo reached over and took the pillow that had fallen down. He placed it back on my lap. I smiled at him.

 

I hope I’m not overdress. Yumi was giving me a funny look when I said I was attending some friend’s party. Oh well, at least she’s glad I’m going out. I didn’t tell her where though.

 

“Are you thirsty? Do you want a drink?” Kyung Soo reached over to a small black box at the corner and opens it.

 

Is that a fridge? Cool!

 

He opens the can of soda and passes it to me.

 

“Can we…can we go through what we made up again?” he asked nervously.

 

 

 

-

“We meet in the library last year. I was trying to reach for a book and…Kyung Soo came to help.”

 

That…wasn’t a complete lie.

 

“And…yeah. It just happens.” I smiled.

 

I was sitting across Kyung Soo’s mother with my both of my hands placed on my lap.

 

“So who asked who out?” His father asked. Okay, we didn’t think of that earlier.

“Me.”

 

Did I just squeak? Wait, that isn’t my voice…

 

I looked over at Kyung Soo who was fidgeting in his seat next to me. He cleared his throat and answer in his normal voice again.

 

“Oh my child, I didn’t know you were that brave.” His mother teased. She then smiled at me.  “So how did he confess?”

“Yeobo…” His father said in a warning tone.

“What? I want to know.”

Kyung Soo tugged his bow tie and laughed nervously. His fist was clenched tightly and sweats were forming on his forehead.

“We…er…I….I…”

“He confessed to me at the place where we first met.” I said. He looked at me and I just smile at him.

“Just like that?” his mother asked, looking displease.

“With flowers. Oh, and chocolates.

“Ooo… I love chocolates.” His mother said. We both laugh.

 

Say…I’m starting to like his mom.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when his father suddenly stood up and bowed down. Kyung Soo almost knocks his chair off when he saw the person.

I quickly stood up and bowed too, still oblivious who the person is. When Mr Do called him ‘father’, I knew it was Kyung Soo’s grandfather.

 

The scary grandfather that he fears the most.

 

“Go to the guests. I’ll talk to the child.” He said. His parents nodded and left.

I felt nervous all of a sudden and I grab onto his hand. Okay, maybe not as nervous as Kyung Soo. He looked like he’s about to burst out in tears anytime.

His grandfather looked at him. “Didn’t you hear me? Go to the guests.”

 

 

Right, he said child. That child is me.

 

Kyung Soo looked at me and I nodded at him. He gave my hand a squeeze before letting go.

“Go talk to the DS company’s chairman.” His grandfather ordered.

“Ne, haraboji.” He gave me one last look before leaving.

 

“Sit.” I sat down without thinking, almost missing my chair.

He exhaled deeply and looked at me. “So tell me…about yourself young lady.”

 

 

Here we go again….

 

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo’s POV)~

I’ve been standing at the same spot for the pass 20minutes, glancing at Hana if I have the chance. But people keep walking and I had to move once in a while.

 

Business. Everything is about business.

 

I smiled politely at this person in front of me whom I’ve never met before. He was talking to my father and I was introduced in between.

 

I hope Hana’s alright. She doesn’t seem as nervous as I am. I was literally shaking earlier.

 

Ah…I’m such a kid.

 

“So I expect to see you in the company soon?” the man asked me. I just laughed.

His wife smiled down at me. “Have you met our daughter? She’s the same age as you.”

 

“Ahh…Not yet.”

 

I always get these kinds of questions. What do they expect me to answer anyways? I couldn’t. So I just laugh it off. If I were to meet all their daughters, what happen then? If I reject them, does that make me a player? A bad boy?

 

I turned my head back to where Hana was sitting but she was no longer there. I started to panic.

Just when I was about to leave, more business partners appeared and greeted me, asking me the same questions everyone asked. Why? Why now?

My eyes darted around the room. I couldn’t locate her. Damn.

I need to find her. She’s alone. She doesn’t know anyone here. And God knows what grandfather had said to her.

“Sorry, I…I need to use the washroom.” I said.

Maybe my facial expression wasn’t good, maybe my voice made it sound like it was urgent, some of them nodded their head quickly and excused me.

I fight my way through the crowded ballroom, turning my head around to look for her. It took me a while but I manage to see her.

She was standing at the corner with her small purse sling over her shoulder. Her left hand was placed on top of her right arm as she looks around like a lost child.

 

I exhaled in relief, finally making my way towards her.

 

 

But then, I wasn’t fast enough.

 

 

 

 

Because two boys around my age was already cornering her.


Surprise! Kyung Soo's POV! i just feel like writing in his POV so yeah...hehe.

Ah, im so hungry~