Behind the truth

What is love

Warning : Reallllllllly long chapter. Because I will be away for a while to focus on my exams hehe~

 

 


 

 

“Noona!” A little boy called as he swings open the heavy door in front of him. A girl in her teens looked up from her books and frowned.

 

“What are you doing in my room?”

 

The 8 years old boy hops his way across his 2nd eldest sister’s room. “Noona! I learned a new move today! It is called the-”

 

His sister dropped her pencil and stood up. “Can’t you see I’m busy? I have an exam tomorrow.” She placed her hands on his shoulder and pushed him out of her room.

 

“But it’s a very cool move!” the little boy cried. “I want to show-”

 

“Go to unnie.” His sister said. “I don’t have time for this. And don’t you dare come in my room again!”

 

With a door slammed in front of his face, he pouted and ran towards his eldest sister’s room.

 

“Noona!” he called and opened the door to her room. His elder sister was too engrossed in her studies to acknowledge him.

 

“Noona noona noona!” the youngest among the three siblings chanted and ran towards his sister. “Noona! I learned a new move today! It is called the cabriole! It goes like this!”

 

He leaped into the air and performed the jump, but his sister still wasn’t looking at him.

 

“Noona! Look at me!” he called happily again, but all he get was an angry sister who shut her book loudly and left.

 

The boy chased after her and grabbed her elbow. “Where are you going, noona?”

 

She pushed his hands away and continued walking out of her room. “Away from you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I don’t like you.”

 

 

The boy ran down the stairs after her. “That’s mean, noona.” He pouted.

 

“Good.”

 

He temporary stopped in the middle of the staircase before running down again.

 

“You don’t mean it right? Noona?

 

His sister pushed up her glasses and walked faster. “No. I mean it.”

 

His eyes started to sting as he continued to follow his sister to the study room. “Why?”

 

His eldest sister stopped right in front of the door and turned back to face her younger brother.

 

“Why?” she chuckled. “Because you’re so annoying!”

 

“I…..“

 

“Just because you’re the only son in this family and you’re so damn precious to mom and dad that let you do whatever you like, that doesn’t mean I like you, okay? Neither do your second sister!”

 

“Noona…” He sniffed.

 

“And I don’t care about what you learn! You don’t have to show it to me every time you come back from a stupid lesson. And why is a boy dancing to ballet? That’s so embarrassing!”

 

The little boy started crying while his sister continued to release her anger to him.

 

“I’ve been tolerating your annoying and picky attitude for so long. I don’t think I can do it anymore.” She said. “I have to study to get into an Ivy League university so that mom and dad will finally have something to be proud of me because I’m not a damn son!”

 

The 8 years old boy weeps harder and harder.

 

“Don’t hate me…” he cried. “It’s not my fault..”

 

“Well I don’t care!” she yelled before disappearing into the study room. “Because I really hate you!”

 

 

 

The boy dropped onto his knees and continued crying out loudly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The boy is Kim Jong In.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

Cabriole. Double cabriole.

 

 

Jong In couldn’t keep his legs straight as he landed on the ground.

 

I frowned when he hit his clenched fist onto the floor and let out a groan.

 

He stood up and tried again, leaping into the air and close his legs only once before landing.

 

“Damn it!” he cursed and grabbed his hair in frustration.

 

My mind was telling me to help, but my body wasn’t listening to me. I sighed to myself, thinking that I should just leave him alone for today.

 

 

 

 

 

“I know you are there.”

 

 

 

I froze on my spot. How did he realised I was here?

 

 

I slowly poke my head into the studio and smile at him. “Erm, hi.”

 

He was now lying on his back down on the floor, starting up at the ceiling. “I thought couple dance lesson are only tomorrow.”

 

“Y-yeah. It’s tomorrow.” I said softly, walking inside towards him.

 

His took a deep breathe, holding it for a few second before releasing.

 

I stood awkwardly next to him and stare at the mirror in front of me. “You shouldn’t lift your left leg so high.” I said softly.

 

“Really.”

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Then show me how to do it, teacher.”

 

“But I’m in my uniform.”

 

“You’re wearing a skirt. I don’t think you will tear it.”

 

I sighed. “Look, I know you’re still mad at me for saying…er… that word to you on that day. I apologise for that and I won’t do it again. And I’m just trying to help because if you kick your legs so high you will injure yourself when you land.”

 

I exhaled and looked at his reflection from the mirror. He was still lying there with his eyes close.

 

“Fine.” I said. “Keep picking on me in school, like how you did this morning, if that makes you feel better.” I mumbled.

 

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said and turned around, preparing to leave the room.

 

A hand grabbed onto my ankle, preventing me from moving.

 

I looked down and saw Jong In pushing himself up from the floor as he released his hand.

 

 

“Do you want to hear a story?” he said softly. I sighed. “What kind of story…”

 

He shook his head. “I don’t know…a little boy who likes ballet?”

 

I slowly lowered myself down and sat next to him. Is he talking about himself?

 

 

 

“Okay.” I said. “I’m listening.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo POV)~

 

“And that’s what he told me….” Hana finished her story and let out a sighed.

I nodded my head. “Yeah. That’s his story.”

She frowned. “But he shouldn’t act like that. Just because nerds remind him of his sister, he shouldn’t just pick on them. He should pick on his own sister!”

 

I chuckled. “Well, she did manage to get into an Ivy League University, both of them actually. And the eldest got married to an American. So she’s not in Korea.”

“Oh.” She said flatly. “But still…..That’s not fair.” She pouted.

I smiled and checked my watched. “We should leave in a while. Lunch break will be over soon.”

 

“That fast?” Hana said and stood up from the ground, brushing the back of her skirt with her hand. I too did the same.

“You go ahead.” She said as we walked out from the corner of the library. “I want to check out a book.”

 

“Oh it’s alright, I’ll have homeroom later, I can be late.”

“Wow. Kyung Soo oppa being late for class?” She let out a laugh. “That’s new.”

 

Heat started creeping up my neck. I was glad that her back was facing me, or she would have notice me blushing.

 

She sounded so innocent and adorable when she calls me oppa. It always makes my heart beat faster and I just can’t help it but to blush.

 

 

 

Is it bad that I like it when she calls me oppa?

 

 

 

I blindly followed her into one of the row of bookshelves as she bend her head down and search for a book.

 

“A-ha!” she said with a big smile and pulls a worn out black book with gold linings out of the shelf.

 

I smiled to myself as she flips through the pages with care.

 

“What book is that?” I asked.

 

“European history.” She said cheerfully.

 

“You like history?” I asked while leaning myself against the shelves.

 

She nodded her head and tapped on one of the pages. “Found you! Oh, how many minutes we have left?”

 

I checked my watched again and held up my open palm. “We’ve got 5 more minutes before the bell rings.”

 

She pouted and looked back down on the book. “So little time…”

 

I chuckled at her. “You can always borrow it, you know.”

 

Hana sighed and slotted the book back into its original place. “I can’t. I’ve already borrowed the maximum number of books.”

 

My eyes widen at her answer. “You borrowed 8books?”

 

“Yeah. I needed them for my assignments and quizzes.” She said and let out another sigh. “I know. You can call me a nerd or whatever you want. But don’t give me that judging look.”

 

 

“I’m not judging.”

 

 

She tapped on her cheekbone. “Well your eyes are.”

 

“They are not!”

 

She laughed and shook her head slightly. “I’m just kidding, oppa!”

 

 

 

There she goes again calling me oppa in that tone. No, I will not blush!

 

 

Someone called her name from the corner. “Hana –shii! Hi, are you on duty today?”

 

She shook her head. “Yes I am. But only for 2 hours.”

 

“Oh, okay!” The librarian smiled. “There are some new books that needs labelling. Come with me for a second, I have something to show you.”

 

She nodded her head and turned towards me. “I’ll see you soon?” she smiled. I nodded my head at her.

 

We waved goodbye to each other and she left with the librarian. I stared at the place where she stood just two seconds ago and smiled.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

The bell rang, indicating the end of our last lesson for the day. We bowed at our teacher and started packing up our things.

 

“So….I didn’t see you during lunch break. Again.” Joon Myun called from behind. I turned around and nodded at him.

 

“I went to return the book I borrowed that day.”

 

“And to see Hana?” he wriggled his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes.

 

“No. but I did bump into her in the library.”

 

“So you decided to stay there and not eat lunch?” He smirked at me.

 

I zipped up my pencil box and put it into my bad. “I wasn’t hungry.”

 

“Rrrrrright….”

 

I pushed my chair back under the desk and sling my bag onto my shoulder. “You’re so noisy, hyung.”

 

Joon Myun laughed and slings his own bag over his shoulder. “Hey, did you smell something?”

 

 

I sniffed around and shook my head. “No. What is it?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Love.”

 

 

 

I stared at the pale skin boy in front of me who has a stupid grin on his face.

“You’re so childish.” I said and grabbed the book that was on my desk.

“And your so boring.” He replied, walking next to me as we exited the classroom.

 

“I am not.”

He raised an eye brow and pointed at the book in my hands. “European history. Really?”

“What?” I said. “Can’t I read it?”

 

 

“Well….Why are you reading such a thick book when we only have one chapter on this in our history textbook?”

“I….”

“And we learned it last year, Kyung Soo. Last year.”

 

“I…I just want to read it! Is it wrong?”

Joon Myun laughed and patted my back. “I didn’t say it’s wrong. I just…haha…didn’t expect you to read such a thing.”

 

I frowned. “It could be interesting you know. But it’s not for me…”

“I knew it!! Darn, I should have made a bet!”

 

“You’re so mean!” I said. “And what makes you say that?”

Joon Myun gave me a point look. “Er…because you always fall asleep every time you hear something about history?”

“I…I do not!”

He laughed as we walked down the stairs. “Okay, calm down.” He said. “Anyways, who is the book for?”

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~

“Shut up. And I’m not in love!”

Joon Myun nudged me with his elbow again. “Right…You sure are not.” He winked.

 

I groaned mentally. Why did I tell him it was for Hana? I knew he was going to make fun of me. But her name just slipped out from my mouth. I can’t help it!

 

I was suddenly pulled back when Joon Myun grabbed my arm. “Something’s going on.” He said softly. I looked up at him and found his goofy smiled has replaced with the serious look he always had when he’s concentrating on something.

 

I heard a loud scream and quickly turned around to see what the commotion was.

 

 

A group of people were standing in circles, witnessing something I couldn’t see properly.

 

“Let’s go see.” Joon Myun said and dragged me along with him to the crowd.

 

We squeezed ourselves into the circle of people that was also looking on. Then I let out a gasp.

 

Books were scattered all on the floor and a school bag was open with all the contents thrown out.

 

A girl was kneeling on the floor with her head hanging low. Her hand was moving furiously on the floor as if she was looking for something.

 

What caught my attention was the red ribbon that was clipped on top of her long ponytail.

 

Without thinking twice, I shoved the thick black book into Joon Myun’s hand and pushed my way towards her.

 

I felt my anger rising when a boy kicked her books far away down the corridor and yelled at her. I never had the urge to punch someone before. But at this moment, I felt like I am ready to punch anyone who’s standing in front of me.

 

Suddenly a figure flashed past me and pushed the boy away until he felt backwards down on the floor. A girl ran towards him and held him up.

 

The person who pushed him down turned around and extended his hand towards the girl on the floor. Her hands were still moving around, searching for something.

 

I took a few steps forward until I am finally right in front of the crowd. That’s when I realised what she was looking for.

 

 

 

 

Her glasses.

 

 

 

I couldn’t see the boy’s face as he back was facing me and his head is cover up by the hoodie of his coat. The boy kneeled down in front of her and grabbed both of her arms of the ground. She looked up and shook her head frantically, trying to pry her hands away from the boy.

 

 

I took my chance and went towards them, putting a hand on his shoulder.

 

 

“I’ll take it from here.” I said and kneel down beside them. He turned around and looked at me.

 

 

 

 

“Kyung Soo hyung?”

 

I turned around and stared at him with my jaw hanging. “J-jong In?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hana stopped struggling with her hands and her eyes darted around between the both of us. “W-what? What’s going on? Did you found my glasses?” 

 


I'm feeling so evil right now =P Have a nice day everyone! =D