Answers

What is love

 

I kicked both of my legs up high, swinging the swing that was at the poolside. Kyung Soo was standing in front of me.

 

Yes, I did kick his knee a few times. But it wasn’t on purpose.

 

 

“Let me get this straight.” I said again, swinging myself harder. “You accidentally saw my profile while going through the list of scholarships recipients your father asked you to sort it out.”

 

He nodded his head fervently. “Yes.”

 

“Then…why didn’t you tell me?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders. “I didn’t think it was that important.”

 

I frowned and pushed myself forward but the swing won’t go higher. Kyung Soo walked to the side and stops the swing from moving by placing his hand on the bar.

 

“This is not a playground swing. It won’t go that high.” He said softly.

 

“Then bring me to a playground.” I muttered.

 

He walked over and sat down next to me. “It’s late, and there is no playground nearby.” He said and started kicking his legs off the ground so that the swing will move.

 

“I have a question.” I said. He hummed a reply.

“So…you didn’t….You didn’t approached me because you knew about this right? All these…wasn’t out of pity…..right?”

 

His eyes widen as he turned around to face me. “Wha-? No! I only found out after we’re da-….I mean…to-together…”

 

“You wanted to say the word ‘dating’.”

 

“I….” he sighed. “Y-yes.”

 

I smiled to myself bitterly. “Are we even dating….”

 

“No…Wait, I mean...yes…er wait, that’s not what I mean…”

 

I titled my head to the right and watched him struggling to say the right words as he pouts and shook his head.

 

“Okay.” I said, placing a hand on his arm. “You don’t have to hurt your brain.”

 

“I….ah…” he laughed. “I’m sorry though.”

 

“For what?”

 

“For not telling you about this matter.” He said, fiddling with his fingers. “And for putting you in such a situation….”

 

“Oh don’t be, I’m actually enjoying it.”

 

Oh crap. What did I just said?

 

I quickly looked away and shut my eyes tight. What is wrong with my brain? Now he’s going to think that I have a crush on him, which is….true…Or worse, he’s going to think I’m some kind of weird girl that really like boys….

 

Alright. Let’s change the topic. Ah! Let’s talk about what happen today…let’s see…anything interesting happen today…..

 

 

“Oh.”

 

He turned around and gave me a smile. “Hmm?”

 

“Oppa.” I called. His eyes widen and I realise that his cheek were turning pink.

“Sorry.” I quickly said. “I mean, I know you asked me to call you by your name, it’s just that…..you’re older than me…so it just slip-”

 

“I don’t mind.” He interrupted my words. He looked up and smile at me cutely. “You can call me oppa.”

 

“Oh…but…are you sure? I mean I can-”

 

He shook his head with a pout as he continued to kick his legs off the ground. “Call me oppa from now on, okay?”

 

 

Dugeun dugeun~  Kyung soo yah, can you stop doing this to me? I don’t think my heart can take in all these weird feelings any longer.

 

 

I turned around and fanned myself with my hand. “S-sure…”

 

I heard him taking a deep breath and letting it out. “Oh yeah, you wanted to say something?”

“Hmm? Oh right.” I said. “Erm…it’s about Jong In.”

 

He stopped kicking his legs and turned around to look at me straight in the eyes. “Jong In.” he repeated his name flatly.

 

“Er..yeah.” I cleared my throat and turned around too. “Is he…is he in a bad mood today?”

He shook his head. “I’m not sure. I didn’t meet him today.”

 

“Oh, right. No school.”  Fool…

 

“Did something happen today?” he asked curiously. I smooth out the bottom part of my dress and stared out towards the pool.

“You can say that.”

 

“Hmm….What happen?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. He seems fine and noisy, as usual. Then all of a sudden he became so moody and grumpy, saying something like thanks for being honest. I don’t get him.”

 

“Thanks for…being honest?” he asked. I nodded my head.

“What did you say to him?”

 

I turned around and find myself looking at a face filled with fear and concern.

“Er…n-nothing?”

He shook his head and let out a deep breath. “You must have said something.”

 

I stared down at my skirt because it was hard to look at his face right now. “Erm....he’s annoying?”

 

Kyung Soo eyebrows pinched close together. “Anything else?”

I bit my lip and thought for a moment, trying to recall back what happen back in the dance studio. “I told him how he always annoyed me every time we had dance practice.”

 

“That’s all?” he asked. I nodded my head slowly.

 

“Oh wait. I think I said something like I don’t like him or something.”

 

His eyes grew big and then he shuts them close tightly.

 

“What?” I asked. “What’s wrong?”

He messaged his temple with his hand. “You shouldn’t say that.”

“Say what?”

“That you don’t like him.”

“But I don’t.” I replied with a straight face. He shook his head again.

 

“Jong In…” he sighed. “He’s…erm…how do I put this…”

“What?” I pouted at him. “I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“Yeah but….” He scratched the back of his neck and bit his bottom lip again. “Look, I know you find him annoying, well, he is, and I’m not going to lie. But please, don’t ever say you don’t like him. Even if you mean it, okay?”

 

As Kyung Soo speaks, his voice was slightly cracking and he looked really troubled. I felt so guilty all of a sudden.

 

“Please?” he begged me again. “Promise me you won’t say that to him?”

“O-okay.” I said. “I promise.”

He smiled at me and patted my hand that was on my lap. “Thank you.”

“You’re….welcome?”

 

He laughed and cocked his head to his left. “I think I should bring you home.”

“Hmm…Nah. I liked the view here.”

He looked up into the sky. “There are a lot of stars today, huh?”

“Yup.”

 

 

The swing started moving again and we both stared up to admire the sparkling sky.

 

“By the way…” I started, breaking the silence after a few minutes.

“Yeah?”

“I….I don’t hate Jong In.”

He laughed and shook his head. “Then tell him.”

“I did.” I replied. “He walked away.”

“He always does.”

I put my legs down on the ground to stop the swing from swaying. “Why doesn’t he like it when I said that word? Did something happen to him before?”

 

Kyung Soo exhaled before turning to me and spoke softly. “That…is something only Jong In can tell you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

“Late at night when all the world is sleeping, I stay up and think of you... and I wish on a star that somewhere you're thinking of me, too.”

 

 

“Oooo~”

 

Kyung Soo immediately replaced his smile with a straight face and crumpled the piece of paper in his fist.

“Aww…don’t be shy. You always let me read them.” Joon Myun teased. Kyung Soo sighed and stuffed the paper inside his blazer pocket.

 

“I really want to know who she is.”

 

The older one nodded his head. “Hmm….What if this person is a he?”

Kyung Soo frowned. “No. it’s a girl. I’m sure. The handwriting is too pretty for a boy.”

“I have pretty hand writings too.” Joon Myun grinned. The smaller boy shook his head and opens a book that was on his desk.

 

“Yah.”

 

Kyung Soo turned around and saw a piece of pink paper in front of his face. He blinked a few times before moving backwards. He quickly patted his hand on his pocket and stared at the other.

“How….You have one too?”

Joon Myun sighed. “Unfortunately no. It’s yours, you fool.”

 

“But…how?! I changed my locker code!”

 

“Tsk tsk tsk.” He shook his head. “I don’t even know why you have to change your locker code like very week.”

 

He sticks his tongue out at him. “So that people like you won’t steal my homework and copy them.” He said, snatching the paper away. “How did you get this though?”

“It was sticking out of your locker.” He said. “She must be in a hurry I guess.”

 

Kyung Soo took out the same piece of pink paper from his pocket, which was crumpled. “But this was inside my locker this morning.”

 

“She must have written one again during lunch break.” The other said and roll his eyes. “By the way, where were you during lunch break?”

“I was in the library. I was looking for a book.” He said and patted the brown thick book on his desk.

“Hmm…or was it an excuse just to see Hana?” Joon Myun said and wriggles his eyebrows.

 

“N-no! I…I really needed this book!”

 

The older held both of his hands up in the air. “Whoa, you don’t have to yell.” He said. “Or blush.”

 

“I…I am not!”

 

The door of their classroom slide open and their science teacher walked in.

“Later.” Joon Myun said and leaned back into his seat while Kyung Soo turned back to his.

 

 

He managed to take a peek of the content on the note before the teacher started the lesson.

 

 

 

 

 

“I get butterflies just thinking about the next time I’ll see you.”

 

 

 

 

 

-

“Five six seven eight and one!”

 

I stood by the door and peek into studio number 3 with dancers that were practising for the coming ballet production.

 

 

Well, I was actually staring at only one person if you asked me…..

 

And no, I wasn’t snooping.

 

Er…okay, maybe a little….

 

“Good!” I heard Ken saying to the dancers. “Now off you go~”

 

I quickly scramble backwards and hid myself behind the nearest pillar.

 

 

Nice. What am I doing right now….

 

 

The sound of people chattering and shoe shuffling slowly faded away in a minute. I took a deep breath and stick my head out behind the pillar.

 

He must have left too….

 

I slowly made my way back towards that studio and realised the lights were still on.

 

 

Did they forget to turn off the lights? We always have to turn off everything after a lesson.

 

 

 

Well, of course not. They didn’t forget. They don’t need to turn it off actually.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Since someone is still inside….

 

 

 


 

Hello! A quick update since I was a bit lazy to study. Sorry I've been very busy with school and...well...some personal stuffs =(

Thank you for subscribing, reading and commenting to this story! And big thank you for those who voted for this story!!! =D <3<3<3

Love you guys!! Take good care yeah! =)

PS : EXO won best new asian act award in MAMA woohoo!!! so happy for them =D