Cafeteria (2)

What is love

@leeyoungji - Thank you for answering my question! I shall stick to Joon Myun =D


 

He waved at me, when he wasn’t supposed to. I wanted to wave back, but I know I am not supposed to do that either, so I pretended not to notice him.

 

 

Turns out someone else did.

 

 

Suho ….. No, I will not call him that name. The stupid grin on his face doesn’t suit this name at all. What was his real name again?

 

Ah yes, Joon Myun.

 

Why must he be so observant? He whispered something into Kyung Soo’s ears before raising his left hand up and called out a name.

 

 

 

Sulli’s name.

 

 

She stopped walking and turned towards his direction. “Oh?” she said to herself. Joon Myun waved his arm, signalling her to join his table.

 

Please don’t go there. Please don’t go…

 

“It’s oppa!” Sulli said and waved back. “Do you mind joining them?”

I quickly shook my head. “It’s okay. You can eat with them. I’ll just go…..there.”  Why is the cafeteria so crowded all of a sudden?

 

Before I could even make a move, Joon Myun called my name. Why that little…..

 

“You know oppa?” Sulli asked me. I told her we met at the library when I was on duty a few times. Why did he call my name? Urgh, hating that smile on his face right now.

 

Kyung Soo’s eyes were wide, er…wider than usual when we sat across them on the table. He smiled at me before burying his face in his food. I too did the same.

Joon Myun was doing the entire talking, basic introduction to each other and asking how was classes and studies. Kyung Soo wasn’t really talking, but I do catch him stealing a few looks at Sulli once in a while with a smile on his face. I sighed and stuffed another spoon full of pancake into my mouth.

 

 

I guess my job is done then?

 

 

“Hyung!” Someone from behind called. The sound of the footsteps was getting louder and a few of them started sitting down on the table. My eyes widen when I realised who they were.

 

EXO. I’m sitting on the same table with EXO, and Sulli. I don’t think I’ll be able to stay alive in this school anymore.

 

“Who is this?” The tallest boy asked in his deep voice. Hey…he sounds familiar….

“This is Hana.” Someone said and sat on the chair next to me. I turned around and saw a smirking Jong In looking at me. I smiled at the boys and continue stuffing myself with my food.

“Aren’t you….the….”

The boy with fair skin pointed a finger at me and stared at me with a sleepy face. I was waiting for him to say something like ‘the nerd’ or ‘the poor girl with scholarship’, but all he did was stared at me with the same expression. He looks cute actually. Hehe.

 

“Hana’s a ballet dancer. We dance in the same studio.” Jong In explained to them. One of them raised their hand up high and smiled widely at me.

“Oh! I have a question!” He said with his crescent eyes. I looked at him curiously before saying, “Yes?”

 

He cupped his hands around his mouth and whispered, “Jong In wears a tutu when he dances, right?”

 

 

A smack on the head by the tanned boy was his answer.

 

 

-

~(Kyung Soo POV)~

 

“You’re not supposed to know her.”

 

I immediately drop my hand down when Joon Myun spoke. Damn, why did I wave at her?

I don’t know what Joon Myun did, but we ended up sitting opposite each other.

 

And Sulli is here too.

 

Droplets of sweats were forming on my forehead and my heart was beating so fast. I couldn’t even look at her properly when we talk. I keep staring at my food when the others were conversing with each other.

The rest of the guys joined us after a while. Sehun finds Hana familiar, but he still doesn’t know that she’s the scholarship girl that works in the library after school. Baek Hyun started asking a stupid question when Jong In told them Hana was a ballet dancer.

 

Hana. I could see that she’s feeling uncomfortable. Not just from us, but also from the students. Don’t worry Hana, I will scold Joon Myun Hyung for you.

 

“Hey look. We even got the same lunch.” Jong In said as he pointed his hand towards their tray. Hana just smiled at him and put a whole pancake into . And of course, she chokes on it.

 

“You alright?” Jong In asked and patted her back. She waved her hand at him.

I stood up on instinct and held my drink in my hand. Before i could pass it to her, Jong In beat me.

 

"Here." He said, holding up his drink to her. She looked at him or a moment before taking the drink into her hand. Jong In patted her back as she drank slowly with a cough. I was kind off glad she didn't drink straight from his straw. That would be.....

 

“You’re frowning.”

I looked down at Joon Myun and touched my forehead. “I am not.”

He laughed and cocked his head to the right. “Jealous?”

“W-what?” I scoffed and sat back down. “W-why would I be jealous…. Pfft.”

He smiled and nodded his head. “Yeah. Why would you be? It’s not like she’s Sulli.”

Those last few words made me snapped my head back at Sulli. She was busy talking to ChanYeol and Sehun.

 

That’s right. I’m not jealous right? She’s Hana, not Su-…. Why is Jong In hand still on her back?!

 

 

-

“You’re nice.”

I forced myself to smile at the boy that was grinning creepily at me. His name is Chan Yeol.

Baek Hyun took the opportunity to steal some of his food when he was still talking to me. Jong In told him to stop asking questions and they argued again.

I secretly smile to myself.

 

EXO, the so called kingka of the school. Sure, they strode down the hallway like a runway model while flashing all of the girls their million dollar smile.

 

But they are still kids at heart.

 

“Lemme talk to her, yah! Stop taking my food!”

Baek Hyun pouted at him. Chan Yeol stared back at him for a few seconds before ruffling his hair. “Fine. Don’t take so much.”

 

Hmm. That’s…cute.

 

 

I turned my head to my right when I heard Sulli’s laughter. I couldn’t catch what they were talking about but I can see Kyung Soo’s smiling so wide that his mouth could reach his ear.

 

He never smiles like this when we joke. I’m jealous. Very jealous.

 

Another round of laughter was heard. I couldn’t stand it anymore. I stood up and took my tray with me. Joon Myun noticed me and asked me where I was going.

“oh er…I need to return a book. It’s due today.” I lied. He smiled and nodded at me.

“I don’t see a book with you.” Jong In said while looking around.

“Yeah. Need to run and get it from my class.” I laughed and pushed the chair under the table.

“Let’s eat lunch together again!” Baek Hyun said. The rest nodded their heads at me.

 

Yeah. And get killed by the whole female population in school? No thanks.

 

“Guys, your creeping her out.” Jong In said. He looked up at me and smiled. “See you at the studio later?”

“Er..sure.”

I turned towards Kyung Soo and found him staring back at me. It seems like he wants to tell me something but he can’t say it out.

“I’ll see you in class later.” Sulli said with a smile. I too did the same.

 

The sleepy maknae waved goodbye at me with shy smile as I left the table. I took one last look at Kyung Soo before walking away.

 

Why did I even agree to that contract? I didn’t know it would hurt that much. Why did I even assume that Kyung Soo would fall for a person like me? After all, he is just using me. I guess my crush for him is getting stronger.

 

I walked out the cafeteria and make my way towards the library, might as well borrow a book or something.

 

A hand tugged my backwards when I was about to walk up the stairs. I found myself looking at a breathless boy.

 

“H-hey.” He exhales. His hand was still holding my elbow.

“Erm…” I wasn’t sure what to say to him. I’m not supposed to talk. I’m not supposed to know him.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he looked up at me. “I know you were uncomfortable in there.”

I pushed him hand away gently and shook my head. “Nah. I just need to go to the library.”

Kyung Soo nodded his head and looked around the corridor. “I have something to say to you.”

“What is it?”

“Are you free this Saturday?” he asked softly. I smiled. “Family thing again?”

He laughed nervously while scratching his head. “No. I mean, yes. Er….you see, it’s my grandfather, he wants you to join us for dinner….so…”

 

“Okay.” I whispered. I better not regret saying this.

 

His looked at me with his adorable eyes with a big smile. “Really? T-thank you!”

Kyung Soo took my hands in his and laughed. “Thank you so much! I’ll pick you up at your house?”

“Er…s-sure.”

His hands…they were soft and warm. I feel my face heating up at his touch. He must have realised it when he quickly let go of my hands.

He cleared his throat and stuffed his hands back into his pocket. “Okay. I’ll…see you around?”

“Yeah. See you around.” I said with a nod. As I took the first step, he called my name again.

 

“I’m just asking…because I’m curious…I mean…”

 

His stuttering again…

 

I took a step down back on the ground. “What is it?”

He exhale deeply before asking, “Are you close with Jong In?”

I frowned. “No. Absolutely not.”

He chuckled at my reply. “That’s a quick respond.”

“Hmm… What about him?”

“Huh? Oh…it’s just…you guys look close just now.” He said.

“So were you and Sulli.” I muttered. Apparently it was kinda loud.

“W-we’re not t-that close…” he stuttered again.

“You looked happy.” I blurted out. He bit his lip and stared at the floor. “Well…I..”

I let out a laughed. “Okay. I get it. Stop blushing.”

“I- I’m not!” he pouted. We stare at each other before letting out an awkward laugh.

 

“So…” he said again. “You’re not close with Jong In?”

 

I sighed mentally. How did we end up talking about this again?

 

“No.”

“Oh. Okay.” He smiled.

 

Did he just….?

 

“You better go.” He said. “The bell is going to ring soon.”

“Oh…”

He patted my arm twice. “Thank you so much again. I’ll see you soon!”

With that, he turned around and walked the opposite direction.

 

 

 

“Yeah…” I muttered to myself. “See you soon…”