A typical day

What is love

Dark blue Blazer, dark blue vest, red ribbon, white long sleeved shirt, dark blue pleated skirt and a black knee length socks.

That’s right. Its SM private institution’s uniform.

I tied a pink ribbon at the end of my French braided hair and put on my black frame glasses.

Now what’s the word again? Ahh…Geek. Or you can say nerd.

Well, that’s exactly how I looked right now. It was never intentional though. I’ve been looking like this since elementary school.

You may think I come from a wealthy family since I’m studying in a private school.

Nope, not even close.

You see, the reason why I got into this school is because I was offered a scholarship.

Yes, scholarship. I studied my freaking off just to get into this school. They don’t only pay for my tuition fees, I get monthly allowance too.

 

Money. Boo yeah.

 

I slung my bag over my shoulder as I closed the door of my room. Grabbing a melon bread and a bottle of water from the kitchen, I switched off all the lights and headed for the front door.

“Mom! Dad! I’m off to school!” I shouted back after putting on my black shoes.

I was greeted by little Min Ji as I open the door. The little girl smiled at me widely.

“Good morning unnie!” she called as I locked the door.

I carried her in my arms and kissed her cheek. “Morning Min Min.” I said. She giggled and gave me a kiss on my cheek too.

“Aren’t you a little heavy to be carried?” a voiced said.

“Morning unnie!” I greeted her.

She turned around and frowned. “Which part of me looks like unnie, huh? It should be ahjumma.”

I laughed at my neighbour as we walked down the stairs. There were no elevators as we’re just living in a three storey high apartment.

I sat at the backseat with Min Ji as Yumi (yeah she insisted being called by her name instead of Mrs. Choi) drove us to our school. The 5 year old little girl was singing to some children song while I munch on my bread.

“Omma! Sing with me too!” she called.

Yumi laughed and sang along. Soon, I joined them.

 

“Unnie.” I said. “Just drop me here, I’ll walk.”

She sighed. “Don’t make me feel bad. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Unnie. It’s only a one minutes’ walk from this side. I’ve been doing this for two year.”

She drove passed the spot where she usually drop me and went straight to the main gates of the school.

“I heard there are some kidnapping cases around here.” She said.

I ruffled Min Ji’s hair and grabbed my bag. “I’m 18years old. I can take care of myself.”

“I’m your guardian. It’s my duty to keep you safe.” She said. “Don’t forget to text me when you reached home, okay?” Her voice was stern.

“Always.” I said before hoping off the car.

 

Guardian. You heard it right. Choi Yumi is my guardian.

 

Why?

 

Because my parents are no longer alive.

 

 

-

Saying goodbye to my parents before heading to school was a habit of mine. Maybe I was just trying to pretend that they were still alive, so I kept on doing it.

How did they die?

It was horrible. It was the nastiest way to die.

Okay, thinking about it makes me hyperventilate. I don’t want to talk about it anymore.

I dropped my books when some students bump into me. Whether it was an accident or it was done on purpose, I wouldn’t know.

I don’t have many friends in school. No, I don’t have friends.

This place is where all the children of the rich and famous go. For someone like me who is receiving funding aid, I became a total outcast.

Some gave me a look that tells me that I don’t belong here but most of them just ignore me.

So I did the same.

I had to run to the opposite side of the corridor when someone kicked my books away. Before I could even pick up my book, I heard someone squealing.

 

Ahh..It’s them again.

 

They called them the kingkas. Long ago it was DBKs, and then they had shines, or was it shins? Okay I don’t remember the exact name of their gang but hey, it sounded similar.

And the current ones are called EXO.

Well, I remember them because I….well, their names are easier. I guess.

 

And because of their arrival, my books got kicked even further away by those typical fan girls.

 

What a great way to start the day.

 

“Er..Sorry…Excuse me…” I said, trying to squeeze pass the crowd.

 

I look like as if I’m chasing a dog but in reality I’m actually going after my books.

 

Hilarious.

 

So I finally got my books but someone pushed me so I fell down.

 

There goes my book again.

 

Okay, that wasn’t the bad part. I actually fell right in front of the kingkas.

 

Well, not just any kingkas, but him.

 

His eyes met mine and I found myself mesmerised with his stares. He then looked down on my books that was scattered all around the floor.

I quickly got up and collected my books but trip on my own feet again.

People started laughing at me then. I pushed my glasses back up and bowed at them.

Some of the EXO boys started snickering.

“Aww…is little nerdy trying to get out attention?” One of them said to me. Whoever it is, I never bothered to find out his name. I only know he has dark skin.

“Well, who wouldn’t?” the other one said and hi-5 each other. His voice doesn’t match his face at all.

“Let’s go.” One of them said. Slowly, they started leaving and the girls followed them again.

 

I hug my books close to my chest and hung my head low. No, I wasn’t going to cry. I just didn’t want him to see my face.

But then, he stopped walking when he was next to me.

 

No…go away. Don’t humiliate me. You never did that. You’re the nicest out of all.

 

I literally froze on the spot when he opened his mouth.

 

He talked to me. My crush just talked to me.

 

“You’re knee is bleeding.” He said.

 

With that, he left.


Hello my dear subscribers and readers!

First of all, thank you so much for subscribing and reading this story! =D muah muah muah! <3<3<3

I hope i won't disappoint you. =)

English is not my first language, so pardon my grammer mistakes hehe. And sorry for making EXO mean here.. xD

Take good care everyone! Have a nice day!

Comments are welcome =D