Helping out

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lately, Yookyung's noticed that her father has become more tired. His hair is more gray, there are wrinkles visible on his once young looking face and he has dark circles.

The door clicked and in walked Mr. Lee. He sighed while taking off his shoes and gave Yookyung a weak smile, "Yookyung-ah, how was school?" She put on a small smile, "It was pretty good. Appa, I'll cook dinner tonight."

He looked at her and shook his head, "Aniya. You should do your homework. I'll cook." She grabbed his arms, "Appa, I already finished my homework. You need to take a break. I'll cook. Besides, Byunghun is gonna help me." He gave her a warm smile, "Komawo." He walked into his room and shut the door quietly.

At that moment, the bell rang and Yookyung ran to open it. L.joe stood there with a his hands in his pockets and he was looking at the ground. She raised an eyebrow and he looked up, "Hey." She let him in and he looked around, "Where's your dad?"

Yookyung sighed, "I made him rest for a bit. He's been really tired lately. Wanna help me with dinner?" He shrugged, "Fine with me. But I'm not that great of a cook." She chuckled, "It's fine. I'll be doing everything and you'll be my assistant!"

The two of them entered the kitchen and started cooking dinner. An hour later, kimchi stew, bulgogi, seasoned vegetables and japchae were set up on the table. Yookyung put her hands on her hip and looked at the food in admiration. "It turned out a lot better than I thought it would!"

L.joe put the last bowl of rice on the table and looked at her, "I never knew you could cook. I always thought rich people had chefs cooking for them." She looked at him, "That may be true, but we like to learn how to cook dishes ourselves since it's fun. By the way, you did pretty good too." He chortled, "All I did was chop the vegetables and get bossed around. You're the real chef."

She smiled and walked to Mr. Lee's room. She knocked lightly, "Appa, it's time to eat." The door opens and Mr. Lee walks out looking a bit more freshened up. He saw the food and gasped, "Yookyung-ah, you made all of this?!" She rubbed the back of her neck, "Neh, but Byunghun helped out too!" L.joe dipped his head, "Annyeonghaseyo Mr. Lee. Please sit and eat."

Mr. Lee pulled out a chair and sat down. The two high schoolers sat across from him, staring at him. He looked at the two of them. They motioned to the food and he nodded. He sipped some of the stew and his eyes widened. He tried the rest of the dishes and looked up at the both of them with an unreadable expression. "How is it?"

He smiled, "It's so good! Yookyung-ah, Byunghun-ah, this is delicious!" L.joe smiled, "It was Yookyung who did everything. I just helped out." Yookyung lightly slapped him, "Stop it, you're embarassing me." Mr. Lee gave her his infamous eye smile, "Gomawo Yookyung. It reminds me of your mother's cooking." She smiled and they all started eating.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yookyung walked to school while looking at the newspaper. She was searching for a job. She thought if she could help her father out, he would be a little more at ease. She circled a bunch of job openings and looked carefully. Then, she walked into someone.

She bowed, "Sorry. I didn't see where I was walking." Mihyun stared at her, "Yah, are you okay?" Yookyung looked up, "Oh, Mihyun-ah." The

Please log in to read the full chapter