Breaking the News to you

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Lee Yookyung, please report to the office." was heard over the PA. Everyone turned to look at Yookyung who was about to mix chemicals together when she put down the chemicals and took off the goggles. "Miss, I'm excused right?" she asked. The teacher nodded and she left the classroom.

She walked down the corridor and stopped in front of the principal's office. She knocked a few times. "Come in." She entered and bowed. "Sit down please." the principal gestured. She put her stuff down and sat down in front of the principal. "Am I in trouble?" she questioned. He shook his head, "No. I just called you heard because you're father called. He wants you to report home immediately."

Yookyung looked confused but she bowed and left the principal's room. She walked out and her chaffeur was already there. She was surprised but he opened the door and she got in. He drove off and arrived at their mansion.

She got off and rushed inside to find her father sitting on the couch with his face buried in his hands. She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, "Appa, what's going on?" He sighed, "I don't know how to tell you this. I'm such a failure."

He looked at her and said, "Appa's company is going bankrupt." Her eyes widened in surprise and she exclaimed, "What?! How can this be? You always took good care of your company so how did this happen?"

He scooched over and patted the space next to him signaling her to sit down. She sat down and put her hand over her father's. He shook his head and started, "I should've known not to trust him." "Trust who?" He sighed, "Hwang Hyoshin. I gave him 5 million won to put into the company's account, but he ran away with it. We tried to track him down but he got on a plane to America. I have business partners looking for him but there's no word."

Yookyung shook her head, "What's going to happen to us now?" He put his hand on her back, "We're going to have to sell the house." She stood up and her father was surprised. "What?! This is our only home! I don't want to sell it."

Her father sighed, "It turns out that Hyoshin owed 10 billion won to loan sharks. He gave them my name and they're going to come after us. We need to sell the house. That way we can at least pay off some of the loan." She shook her head, "I don't unde

Please log in to read the full chapter