L.joe's what?

My Loveable Gangster
Please log in to read the full chapter

After Yookyung said her goodbyes to Taewoo, Nami and Ms. Kim, she left the manor. It was about 8 at night and it was getting dark. Yookyung was happily walking home, humming to a random song. She decided to take a little shortcut which required her to walk down a long and eery looking alley.

She walked and all of a sudden, a hand grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. She screamed and saw a bandaged Dongjun in front of her. He was smirking evilly, "Hey L.joe's girl." Her eye brows furrowed in confusion, "L.joe's what?" He scoffed, "Stop acting stupid. I'm sure that L.joe told you not to tell anyone that you're dating him."

Dongjun's eyed narrowed, "And since you're L.joe's girl, that means that you're his biggest weakness." An evil smirk was plastered on his face and Yookyung's eyes widened in fear.

At that time, L.joe was walking home from the convenience store with some ramen in a plastic bag. He turned around a corner headed for an alley he uses as a shortcut to get home. His eyes narrowed to see what was going on with some guy and a girl. He shrugged and headed down the alley.

When he got closer, his eyes widened at the sight of Dongjun trying to take advantage of Yookyung. He had his arms pressed up against the wall trapping her. She was near tears and was constantly struggling. The bag fell out of his hands and turned Dongjun around to give him a good punch to the face.

He staggered back and glared at him. "What the fu- L.joe?!" He smirked. L.joe glared at him and he stepped back in fear. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" He coldy asked. "I was just asking your girl a question but seems like she didn't want to respond." He lied. *My girl?* 

L.joe punched him in the stomach, "Don't leave me see your face ever again." Dongjun coughed up some blood and Yookyung slid down the wall staring at the scene. L.joe pushed Dongjun out of the way and he ran out yelling, "I'll get my revenge for what you did to my gang!" He scoffed and turned around.

He kneeled down in front of Yookyung and looked at her face. She was pale from fright was close to tears. He got up to leave but she pulled on his shirt, "Don't go. Please." Tears trailed down her once rosy cheeks. His eyes softened and knelt down in front of her again and he hugged her.

*Yah Lee Byunghun, are you seriously hugging this girl?* Yookyung buried her face in his shirt and started bawling, "Do you know how scared I was? I thought something bad was going to happen." He sighed and patted her back. Her sobs were soon inaudible and he pulled away.

Her eyes were puffy and red from all the crying. He looked down at his shirt which was stained with her tears. Yookyung wiped her cheeks and stood up. L.joe stood up and looked toward the floor. His ramen was crushed and his shoulders deflated in sadness. *There goes dinner*

"Hey." He looked up and saw her giving him a small smile. His heart skipped a beat and in his head he was screaming, *What is this feeling?* "Yeah?" "Thanks. Sorry about your dinner." She pointed to the ramen and he shook his head, "I'll just buy some fast food." She shook her head, "Don't! It's unhealthy for you. You wanna come to my place for dinner? You know, as a thank you."

He was taken aback by her sudden offer and then remembered that there wasn't anymore food left in his apartment so he shrugged. She grabbed his hand and started pulling him towards her apartment.

L.joe looked up at the bland apartment complex

Please log in to read the full chapter