he's different...

My Devil Mentor

No One’s POV

                “Huh?” you are so absent-minded so your dad called you by your first name. “I just have to remind you about your application form. I need to know what course you’re planning to take up,” he said but he actually sounded uninterested. “oh… that thing,” you remember talking about this with Minhyun last night. “so…?” your mom finally spoke. “mm?” you just made a questioning sound since you’re munching on your pb&j sandwich. “What should your dad put in your application form as your second choice?” she continued. “Do I have to answer immediately? And why second choice?” you asked before drinking your juice. “Well, application forms ask for a second choice. As for your first choice, we already know,” she answered you. “You looked at the application form your dad’s holding and you saw that BS-Architecture is already printed as your first choice. “No rush honey, you have until Friday,” your appa said. You don’t really worry about your second choice, since you can just put anything in there. The thing that worries you is the fact that you’re having cold feet with regards to pursuing that first choice, because you are considering on being a permanent trainee.

 

Your POV

                We were late so I headed straight to the practice room. I haven’t seen Minhyun, that’s a good thing… I don’t know. “hey…” Sehun sat next to me when he surprisingly gave me a break. “yea?” I casually asked him. I didn’t even realize I wasn’t looking at him. “Something wrong?” he asked and I saw him peering. I shook my head and he just kept silent. I immediately raised my head to finally look at him, “No really, there is no problem,” I said while smiling. He nodded and returned a calm smile. “Did you sleep well last night?” he asked out of nowhere. “Uhm? Yeah,” I said while giving off a confused and laughing sound. “You’re bluffing,” he stated. “Huh?” I waited for him to continue. “Your eyes tell me you didn’t get enough sleep,” he rested my head on his right shoulder. “That guy. Should I thank him for driving you home safely?” he asked and I just chuckled. But I remembered what happened yesterday, and that made me stop.

 

             “Sehun…” I mumbled his name and I think he’s waiting for me to continue. “…nothing,” I said and forced a smile. He raised my head with his hand so that we could see each other clearly. “hey…” he was examining my face so I just looked away. “Mwo?” I lowered my head. I could turn tomato red from his stares but he made me look at him again when he pulled my chin up gently with his right hand. “Is something bothering you?” he caught me. “Tell me,” he held my right hand.

 

           “This is really nothing,” I hesitated. I just know that there are two reasons why I feel so preoccupied: my course and… Minhyun. “Tell me still,” now he’s holding both of my hands. “I’m having second thoughts, about my course. My dad needs to know what my plan is,” I paused because I wanted him to say something. “What do you want to do?” he asks. “Since I was a kid, I wanted to be an architect…” I answered him. “You sounded unsure,” he said and I sighed. “That’s because I am. Unsure…” I sighed again. “I always wanted—“ “What do you want to be RIGHT NOW?” he knew the right question to ask me, yet I don’t know the right answer to his question. “You obviously have something you want right now. That’s what’s making you unsure,” he continued. “It’s weird. I never thought I wanted to be… doing the things… you’re doing,” I was actually expecting him to change his expression, but no. He’s still blank, but he’s looking at me.

 

               “Be that person then. Be a permanent trainee,” it sounded so easy for him to say. “That’s the thing. What if in the long run I’d realize it’s not the thing for me? What if I change my mind and…” I paused when I realize I was speaking continuously. Sehun caressed my right cheek and smiled. “You know, sometimes, what you want today wouldn’t be what you want tomorrow; those things that you think are good, isn’t really compatible with you; those people you think are the best, isn’t the right for you…” he paused and I sighed. It sounds familiar. I always thought they have the same mind. Tsk! “…but at the end of the day, you still have to deal with those things. Because if you don’t, you’ll never know that they’re not your thing. And you’ll spend all your life asking yourself ‘what if?’” he kissed my right cheek and I automatically blushed. “And just so you know, I wouldn’t be able to give you this long speech if I haven’t met you,” he added and he pulled off his playful smile… that smile that I hated but ended up loving.

 

              No. I take it back! His answer… it’s different from how Minhyun answered me. Minhyun’s answer was practical, though direct, while Sehun’s… he knows how to make me feel at ease without lying. “Sehun…” I sang his name, now giving him a real smile. “uh?” he asked. “Thank you.”

 

 

 

Chapter 94's done. :) Please do comment. Love y'all.<3333333