The Awakening

My Devil Mentor

Minhyun’s POV

                This is it. It’s now or never… “Uhm… Can you grab my bag?” I asked and she did what I told her. “Will you open it and look for a box?” she nodded and when she saw the box, she closed my bag and opened the box. “May I see this?” she asked, but then I think she realized it was for her. I turned the lights on for her to see my letters clearly. “What is…?” she didn’t finish her question then I saw her reading… the drive was total silence. We were just a block away from her home when I realized she stopped reading. I looked at her. “Why? Why did you not send me these?” she finally asked when we were already in front of their house. “I was scared you’ll hope for me to return,” she finally looked at me and I saw that her eyes were already teary. “Mianhae… I thought it’d be better if you’ll forget me. I wasn’t sure myself, if I’ll be able to come back,” I said while lowering my head.

                                                      

                “What is this? Why is the envelope different?” she asked after seeing the one and only black envelope with silver linings. “Yah, do you know that there is a required size when sending letters? The post office will not accept this!” she lectured me so I forced a smile. “It’s my final letter… the letter I wrote before I stopped writing…” I started explaining. “The envelope’s size and color… they’re intended,” I finished my explanation. “Intended?” she was so confused. I left her to read the letter.

 

Your POV

To my dearest,

 

I’ve been watching the skies too often, but it’s raining today, so I’m homebound writing this letter instead. You remember how much I hated the rain, but you never really knew my reason. Well, I hated the rain from the moment I met you because the rain has always been the reason why my parents won’t allow me to leave our home and visit you. And the rain looks like tears; buckets of tears from the heavens. You told me angels cry when it pours.

 

If you ask how I am doing, truth be told I’m having a difficult time… because of this decision, which I am currently trying to comply. That is to write you my last letter. I’m currently looking at the box where I kept all my unsent letters to you… it’s almost full. Just like my emotions; they’re almost full and I’m scared I might go crazy if I keep this on. Maybe if I stop writing, my feelings will follow.

 

I read something on the internet, from a sad man’s blog, “If I could relive the time, I’ll choose to not walk your path so we won’t meet… so I won’t love… so I won’t hurt…” What a coward person! That's complete bullsh*t! Because I would still choose to do what I did. I never blamed fate for meeting you. I never regret the times I extended my hand to help you. I never regret falling in love… and for loving you still. But I just need to control these feelings… at least for now…

 

Yours forever,

Minhyun

                 This letter. This is the saddest letter I’ve read, because this is from someone I know and because this is dedicated to me. “Let’s talk outside,” I placed the letter back to the box. I grabbed my bag and got off the car. My tears began to pour. Though I don’t want Minhyun to see me crying, my tears are pouring so hard; controlling them will just make it harder.

 

                “______-ah…” he went closer to me. I kept on wiping my tears. This isn’t a letter simply produced from pen and paper… this is more than those. “How can you confess and say goodbye at the same time? How could you… hurt? How can you face this alone?! You’re a pabo! A pabo!” I don’t know why or how, but I ended up hitting him like a baby throwing tantrums. He caught my hands and that made me stop.

 

                “Trying to forget my feelings or keeping them will both hurt me. I just had to choose the one that would keep me sane…” I was silenced. He let go off my hands and gave me a forced smile. “...but, you see, I never had the chance to do it completely. I wasn’t fully equipped to deal with that,” he slowly hugged me but I didn’t respond. To tell the truth, he has always been my ideal man. We were each other’s first love, but he never knew, and I never knew… until now. “Minhyun…–“ “I need to go. I’ll have to talk to you tomorrow,” he cut me and before I know it, he was already starting the engine, driving away until I can no longer see the headlights. I headed straight to my room and then I read the letter again. It is a letter made from all the conflicting emotions he felt from loving someone like me. And if any woman would receive something like this, she would be touched. And that’s exactly how I felt… except for one thing I already have that altered what might have suppose to have happened next, which is me falling in love with my bestfriend again. It must have been, we could have been… Our love was too young; now too late.

 

                Because now, I already have someone that I genuinely care about; that I deeply love… seeing him every day and loving him more and more everyday is the most surreal thing. I already have Sehun…

 

 

 

 

 

As I promised! Do you sense any drama coming soon?~ well it's up for you to imagine... for now. ^^ I'll be updating... hm? maybe tomorrow? or later... IF I'm in the mood. Lol. depends on your feedbacks. HAHA >:)) I just love reading your comments. I actually appreciate comments more than an increase in my subscribers. LOL? does that make any sense? HAHA!! Because it means you're actually reading my update, right? :DDD until my next update, D. <3