Breakdown

My Devil Mentor

No One’s POV

                “Chukahae Jiyoung!” You told her happily. She was the one who got chosen by the SME to be the permanent trainee. “Thanks Unnie! Sorry, but I have to leave quick. I dropped by to give these, don’t forget to take care of yourself unnie. I hope he wakes up soon, I’m sure it’ll be better that way,” she allowed herself to place the fruits she brought and kissed me goodbye. It’s been two weeks since the final recital, and Sehun’s not waking up. You’re almost living in the hospital, and your family allowed you since they don’t really have a choice… you said you wanted to be there when Sehun finally wake up. Sehun’s mom and dad were also always there, but they allowed you to be the one staying in the hospital.

 

                EXO always visits Sehun; Chanyeol and Kai most especially. You’ve finally met EXO-M, and that Luhan that your sister always talked to you about. “Sehun, you have visitors,” you whispered to Sehun when you saw Kai and Chanyeol entering the door. “Annyeong noona/Annyeong ____-ah,” they both greeted you. “Is it okay if I leave for awhile? I need to get some clothes?” you asked and they nodded in agreement. “Oh, and chukahae!” you quickly grabbed your things and left.

 

                “Yah, maknae-ah. Aish! You’re still sleeping? Always a sleepyhead!” Kai said when Chanyeol was busy putting up the foods they brought in the refrigerator. “So, uh? We won our very first award in Music Bank, see?” he raised the trophy in the air and put it beside Sehun. “You were cheering for us right? *sigh* But it could’ve been better if you were there,” Kai was about to sit when Sehun’s fingers suddenly moved.

 

                 “HYUNG!!” Kai almost jumped from shock. “Yah!! This is a hospital, you idiot, keep your voice down,” Chanyeol said. “But hyung! Sehun! Hyung!” Kai pointed at Sehun’s hand. “Mwo?! What? It’s his hand. First time seeing one?” Chanyeol asked with irritation. “No, hyung! Sehun’s hand. It moved!” Kai finally explained and Chanyeol’s eyes got wider from surprise. “Are you sure?!?”  he asked again, but looking at Sehun’s hand. “Positive. Yah, maknae!! Do it again. Show him I’m not lying,” Kai held Sehun’s hand but it doesn’t move. “It’s okay Kai… we all want him back. You should rest, I’ll keep an eye for him,” Chanyeol patted Kai’s back. “But, hyung. He really… it moved,” Kai sounded desperate but lost and Chanyeol just nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “My princess,” you’re dad said when he noticed you enter your house. “Sorry dad, I haven’t called. I’m just here to get some clothes,” you kissed him on the cheek. “How is he?” your dad said and you chuckled. “I thought you don’t like him,” you remembered your dad telling you he doesn’t like anyone for his daughter. “I said that?” he doesn’t remember and you both laughed. “Dad, I’m sorry… for not being able to be with the family. I didn’t even take the entrance exam,” you lowered your head, feeling like you disappointed him.

 

           “You remember what I told you the first day you were obliged to attend SME’s summer workshop?” he ignored what you said and you shook your head. “It’s more like a riddle, but it actually means that I’m hoping you would actually find yourself throughout that workshop,” he looked down at his fingers. “Oh…” you were trying to understand where this is taking when he suddenly handed you an envelope; there’s “SME” embossed in it.“What is—“

 

                “He talked to me about this. He actually worked on the papers, he just asked me for approval and that video tape of your first recital from your mom,” your dad cut you off. “When did he…? Why? I didn’t know…” you can’t finish anything you’re about to say—too surprised from what you’re hearing. “It seems like he knows you more than you do...” your father gave you a hug and you started crying. “Oh dad… I want him to wake up… even if he won’t love me anymore, even if he changes his mind, I just want to see him conscious. I want to see him dance; I want to hear his voice…” you’re hugging him tightly. “You know this is the first time you talked to me about your love life,” he gave you a kiss on the forehead and that made you laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                “Yah! Why aren’t you waking up?! Sehun!! You’re such a bad, bad person!! You devil, wake up!!” you cried so hard. “YAAHH! Sehun-ah…. I hate you… I hate you so much right now man!! HOW COULD YOU!!!… How could—“ Kai was struggling. He finally cried in front of everyone. You were empathizing with Sehun’s mom and Kai was being comforted by D.O. Suho, who wasn't able to control his tears anymore, was trying so hard to get his composure back. He needs to be strong for everyone. Chanyeol and Baekhyun just arrived from a photo shoot, and when they saw Sehun, Chanyeol also broke down.

 

                “Yah!! I’ve had enough okay?? This joke is taking too long!! Just wake up now!! WAKE UP!!” Chanyeol kept on shaking Sehun while crying. Suho was there to take control of him. It was a difficult day for everyone; the room’s filled with hopeless souls…  you never hated anyone so much in your life, but you wanted to slap that heartless creature you expected to save Sehun’s life…. the life support, it’s what keeps him alive and he’ll be needing that for the rest of his life.

 

 

----->End of Chapter 100<-----