Epilogue

EXO TRILOGY: Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: It is the Final Chapter of Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress. Too much feels right now. Nervous to write anything, but wew. A year and a half to finish this. As for the ending, I will not be revealing anything, but this ending has been on my mind, and I hope this fic will change the way you guys view love. Hehe. Thank you everyone. Lastly, hope you enoy the final chapter of EXO TRILOGY: Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress :) Background music!!!]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYROijMeQM (Sleepless Night by SHINee)

 

----

>>> LAY'S POV<<<

I could still remember the day that we said goodbye. 

I didn't know how to live. Every food, every saliva that came out of my mouth was hard to swallow. Water felt like boulders when I swallowed.

I felt that for the hundredth time, I lost the person who completed my being. 

When I got to our dorm that day, I leaned against the wall and felt masculinity go away as Aya's face continued to penetrate my mind.

I locked the doors, threw everything I saw and kicked the tables until I hurt and cut myself with the broken glass.

I thought that closing my eyes would provide some relief, but it lacerated me even more.

The moment I closed my eyes, every memory with Zhang Ye Jin came flashing back.

When I first met her, when I discovered her secret at the rooftop, how I kept her secret, how we danced to Electric Heart during Suho hyung's party, the way she called me Chips, that one particular day that I questioned her chastity, the day I bought her fake flowers but Kwon Ye Min had to get it, the times I got jealous of Jung Min Hyeok , that day when I lent her my MCM bag, that night when she cooked seafood pancake for me even if Ye Min sabotaged her, the night I found out that Mr. Zhang is related to her, the night I realized that I had feelings for her, the night she was food poisoned by sasaeng fans, and I brought water for her.

Everything

The night I saved her from train erts,and the Christmas we spent together.

That was the best Christmas. I thought it was forever.

But true to the quote, nothing lasts forever.

Chen kept knocking on my door, asking if everything was okay.

Nothing was.

The day she left for China was the day I felt like quitting every single thing that kept me going.

It was the day I felt clotheless in my aqua blue dress shirt. 

I choked on water. The pain reliever I took that night proved to be worthless as I, a man of 21 years, cried the whole night, thinking what life would be without the woman who showed me the greater part of life. 

The mere mention of her name made me flinch, toss and turn on my bed. 

Each time I closed my eyes, the memories haunted me.

I was lifeless Yixing for a month. 

And what I narrated happened two years ago.

For two years, I kept myself busy. I fought hard to be someone worth it.

But there was not a night that I did not think of her. I would continue to toss and turn, thinking of her.

How was she? Where was she? Does she still remember me?

For two years and counting, I haven't heard a single news from her. Even if my dimples showed in variety shows, EXO knew that inside me was an empty man whose being will never be completed again.

Even if EXO hired several coordi noonas, she was irreplaceable. Even if I see hundreds of beautiful, attractive women, she was the only one.

I had been like this for two years now. 

I myself gave up on the idea of being with her simply because it was the realistic side of life,

but I haven't given up on loving her.

Listen, the thing about love is different than what you perceive love to be.

If you think that love is all about surprises every monthsary, reconciling after a huge fight and having makeup , Skype-ing until midnight, kissing under the moonlight, it is not.

Love is not about surprises every monthsary. Love is being happy every monthsary, with or without gifts. Love

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter