Chae Han Episode 4: Ditch

EXO TRILOGY: Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N: Hm. Tonight's a ChaeHan kind of night. I really really miss this couple. It's rainy right now, and the rain made me want to have a Chae Han update. Hope you haven't forgotten about them though. I bow to everyone who has been commenting and reading this fic. Even if some have given up on this fic, you guys remained strong. THANK YOU. No words can express my gratitude towards everyone. Long Chapter ahead!]

----

>>>CHAE RIN'S POV<<<

Lu Han and I.

How do I even start?

It's tough being an idol's girlfriend. There are days when I feel like I should have never accepted Lu Han in my life because being with an idol is carrying rocks on your shoulders.

It's painful.

My cold heart from a year ago is nowhere to be found. And if my rants are not enough to convince you that being with an idol is extremely difficult, I can tell you what it's really like.

Fasten whatever belt you have. 

I can take and absorb each and every controversy that Lu Han is surrounded with. 

Gay, no talent, no good, bromance with Se Hun, interest for Seo Hyun sunbaenim...

I have taken every rumor with great maturity. Sometimes, I blame myself for opening my heart to Lu Han.

I feel that Lu Han and I shouldn't be together. Yes, I know that we love each other, but there are days when I just want to quit things with him.

But it will break my little brother if I just end my relationship with Lu Han.

And to be an idol's girlfriend ensures you nothing but uncertainty.

How ironic. I die each time Lu Han flies overseas for their world tours. The 22 hour-flights make me worry and miserable. I miss him, and I feel like a weakling. When love strikes, your judgment becomes clouded.

It's difficult to bear with his late night practices. I can't be there with 24/7. We barely talk. We barely see each other. He falls asleep fast even if his insomnia keeps recurring.

I am lacking beautiful metaphors and idioms to describe my hardships, but try falling in love.

You'll lack magical words when you're hurt. You'll lack poetic wisdom when you're quarelling. 

Sometimes hugs won't mean a thing, kisses would feel the same because of too many fights. More often tha not, Lu Han would feel like breaking up, but he simply couldn't let go. I'm just an ordinary girl with a singing voice, and Lu Han can replace me anytime. It hurts.

Seong Chae Rin, get your act together.

>>>PRESENT TIME<<<

The Pool Party for EXO was beyond glamorous. I, Seong Chae Rin, wore a blue sundress that Joo Young lent me. I felt out of place. Okay, I am training under SM entertainment, but I felt nothing. I've been watching Lu Han mingle with his sunbaenims for the whole night.

As much as I'd want to approach him, I can't. We can't be seen together. 

Lu Han and I would meet each other's eyes from across the venue, and he would text me every now and then, but I felt miserable. I haven't been with Lu Han for a month because they had a comeback.  

I lifelessly drank the mojito by the bar. I'll just ditch the party and head home.

>>>LU HAN'S POV<<<

I miss her.

The whole month has been nothing but depressing because we haven't been together because of the comeback.

On nights that we can't talk because of my hectic schedule, I will not exaggerate, but Seong Chae Rin has always been on my mind. I'd think of her constantly. 

I'd reminisce. Missing her is a pain. I will dream about her at night and wake up, wishing she'd be beside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter