These are Signs

EXO TRILOGY: Lay's Lover is a Runaway Heiress [PLEASE DO NOT TRANSLATE/PLAGIARIZE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Helllloooo Marshmallow! I'm back! Sorry for the wait. How's it going? ^ ^ I have so much to say to everyone... The comments piled up once again. aish.. I should have read everything in one go. Hehe. Anyway, I'm excited to read them all!  Dear Ashy-G, and mrskwonjiyoung, happy birthday! Hope you enjoy! We have the same birth month! HAHA. sushi_roll101, gracias for the poster :)

---

>>>YE JIN'S POV<<<

In disbelief, I could only swallow my dried saliva. Did Lay really sing to me? Did Lay really sing for me? Or for the crying baby Joo Hun?

Is this a sign? OMG. 

I tucked in some hair behind my ears when Lay finished singing "Falling Slowly." I batted my eyelashes at him, but he didn't notice.

"Well...Bravo! Fantastic baby!" I cheered Lay and carried baby Joo Hun. The baby couldn't stop looking back at Lay with an angelic smile. Joon Myun was still in awe.

I waited for Lay's response. From the looks of it, he seemed to be formulating his sentences.

"I'm going to bed." was all he said. Zhang Yixing, you did not just say that. Won't you even comment on the gold you just sang?

The song and voice that made me tingle?

Pabo, Ye Jin. You were assuming again. Do we have to go through this internal battle again? Zhang Friggin Yixing can't like you back, and no, he did not sing "Falling Slowly" to you. That's the problem with you, Zhang Ye Jin.You always assume things, and most of the time, you're wrong. 

"Wait, do you want banana milk?" I asked Lay, but my efforts to make him stay were in vain. Lay clutched his guitar and shook his head. 

"I don't drink banana milk. Now if you'll excuse me." Lay told me then walked away. His footsteps haunted me as he climbed upstairs.

Aish. Let me just laugh my off for assuming.I'm a huge Lucille Ball and made a fool out of myself by believing. LOL. Welcome to life. Unfair.

I thought that Lay was flirting with me when he gave me cooking lessons, but heck. That's not the case. It was all one-sided flirting.

I groaned all of my frustrations and fed Joon Myun and baby Joo Hun. Aish. I'll just remove guitar+Lay from my thoughts.

I'll just take what happened as a sign.. a sign that I should stop this wishful thinking.

>>>LAY'S POV<<<

The word "sign" does not exist in my vocabulary.

I've recently invested in some deep thought and debated whether or not I should take my abnormal heart rate (whenever Aya Zhang walks past by me) as a sign of this thing called inducement.

But no. I'll go with my beliefs. Things such as signs and mixed signals can't be real. Zhang Yixing does not belive in such ideals.

But.

the word "guilt" topped my lexicon the moment I finished singing "Falling Slowly."

True, I managed to touch my guitar once again, but why didn't I manage to speak to the heiress?

I was lost for words.

Maybe her smile caused my silence. Or maybe it's the fact that the heiress only sees Jung Min Hyeok.

That's more like it.

But the guilt chained me somehow. I could have told her a lot. I could have admitted that I sang it for her.

Stupidity, Zhang Yixing. Stupidity.

However, what's done is done. 

Roughly three days after my song number for the heiress, this clown called guilt still continued to consume me.

My mind was preoccupied with, "I should have. I could have..."

I found myself in isolation, inside the dressing room for the whole day, and the only thing I was doing was....

learning how to make fake flowers....

I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter