chapter thirty.

The Geek and The Jerk

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFATnDfVv_Y


Luhan's mother stood at the door and looked at your envelope. 'Tokyo University,' it said. She opened the envelope. 'Congratulations! We are happy to offer you admission to Tokyo university. We've sent you 2 tickets to fly to Tokyo since you live in Seoul! Hope to see you soon in Tokyo!'
She looked at the tickets in the envelope. "Hmm..." She slowly grinned and looked at the tickets again. *I got a better idea...* She grabbed an envelope and 2 pieces of paper.


Luhan shot out of his bed and ran out of his room. He burst into your room and looked around. You weren't there. He looked in the bathroom. Still not there. He looked in your closet. No clothes there. He sighed and hopelessly looked around your room.

"And since you don't want me around, then consider me moving out. I'll move out first thing tomorrow. No more annoyance. No more Jieun."

He sighed once more and lowered his head. "She really left..." he whispered to himself.
His mother appeared at the doorway. "What are you doing here?" she asked.
He turned to his mother. "She left, didn't she?"
Luhan's mother sighed and walked towards him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Sadly, yes."
Silence. "Where is she now?"
His mother handed him an envelope. "She got an acceptance letter to Tokyo University." Luhan opened the envelope. Two tickets fell out. Luhan's mom picked the tickets up and sighed. "She must've been an a rush that she forgot the tickets... I'll go take the tickets to her--"
"No..." Luhan said. "I-I'll take it..." he said and snatched the tickets away from his mother and quickly left the house.
His mother watched him leave with a grin. *Hurry and tell her what you really want her to know, Luhan.*


You, Xiumin, Lay, and your father stood at your flight gate with you. Xiumin sighed. "Do you really want to leave, Jiji?" he asked.
Your father looked at you. "Jieun, I know that you know that I want you to go to a good college. But, you don't have to go to Tokyo University. There are plenty of good colleges in Seoul!" he said.
You pressed your lips into a firm line. "No... I want to go to Tokyo, dad..."
He sighed and nodded. Lay looked at you. "Jieun..." You looked at Lay. "Can we talk?" he asked.
You nodded and the both of you walked to an area far from your brother and father.

Lay hesitated at first, but looked at you. "Jieun. We all know that you don't want to go to Tokyo for college," he said, and this time, serious.
You didn't look at him. "That's not true--"
"Stop lying Jieun. The only reason you're leaving Seoul is because you don't want to see the one that you love."
You stayed silent, but then spoke up, "That's not true. I'm going to Tokyo. To see the one I really love." You looked at Lay. "Seyong."
Lay looked at you with a serious face. He no longer looked like the cheerful Lay that you knew. "Lie," he said. "That's a lie. The one you love is... Luhan." He gently took your hand. "I know you too well even though we've only known each other through out the summer. I listen to you. But, what you heard back at the shop... When Luhan said that he didn't like you... He was lying. Yes, he doesn't like you," he said. You looked at him. "But he's in--"
"Lay." You both looked up to the speaker. You looked away when Luhan approached the both of you. Lay let go of your hand and walked away. You glanced at Lay as he walked away. Luhan looked at you and sighed. "You can't go to Tokyo without your tickets." He held out the tickets.

You eyed him and waved the tickets in your hands. "What are you talking about? I have the tickets, right here--" You paused and looked at the tickets. Nothing but a piece of blank paper. "What--"
"Please excuse my mother for switching the tickets with paper. But, if I were you, I'd thank her." You looked at him. "Why?" He took a few steps closer to you. "Because now, you don't have the tickets."
"Flight EXO1266 to Tokyo, now boarding," the announcer said.
Luhan grinned. "And you won't get them either," he said.
You glared at him. "I have no time for jokes, Luhan. Please give me the tickets," you said.

"Neither do I, Jang Jieun." You looked at him. "I don't have the time for jokes, either. I'm tired of having this stupid feeling whenever I'm around you. And the feeling that I had when you left, is even worse. And I admit. I liked the feeling before you left. The feeling that made me realized... That, I like you." He shook his head. "No. Not like you. But, love you. It's a weird feeling when I realized it," he paused and gazed at you. "But, I liked the feeling. It was a feeling that I had never had. Nor when I was with Jiyoung." You looked away. "I admit that the first time that I met you, at school, then at your house. I didn't like you at all, but, there was a strange feeling whenever I looked at you. You're right. You may be a jerk at school before, but after getting to know you, I found out that you're different than any other of the jerks. When I was with Jiyoung, she tried to act like an innocent girl like any other girl would do to try to get a guy. But in the end, I found out who she really is." He softly smiled. "I found out that she wasn't the person I was really waiting for. The girl that I wanted was way different than Jiyoung. And you, Jieun. Fit the girl of my dreams. You're kind, smarter than I thought you were, and just, have an incredible way of making someone smiling everyday. You've changed the way I thought of who you were."

"5 minutes until flight EXO1266 to Tokyo boards. Please go to the gate B-14 if you are going to Tokyo," the announcer said again.
You looked at your gate. Xiumin and your dad were waiting patiently for you. Luhan handed you the tickets. "Go. If you want to go to Tokyo. Then do so... If you do, I hope you find someone who you like. Unlike me. A guy who makes a joke about everything you say. A guy that is a fool for you," he said.
You looked at the tickets and took them. Luhan slightly frowned. *She's really leaving.* You turned and walked towards your gate without another glance at Luhan. Luhan sighed as he watched you leave. *I guess she has decided her future... With someone else.* He turned around and slowly walked away.
"YAH. I never said you could walk away." Luhan stopped walking and turned back around. You walked towards him.
"Last call for flight EXO1266 to Tokyo. Please go to gate B-14 if you are boarding to Tokyo. And there is two tickets left for Tokyo University students if needed. Please report to gate B-14's  desk if you'd like the tickets."
Luhan looked at you. "I didn't leave you. Nor did I tell you to leave. So why are you leaving?" you said and gazed at him.
He softly smiled. "You  gave away your tickets? For me?"
You exhaled. "I guess you could say that."
He grinned and walked towards you, giving you a tight bear hug. "I thought you'd leave me forever..." he whispered in your ear.
You hugged him back. "Why would I do that to my shopping spree friend?"
He chuckled and kissed your forehead. You softly smiled and blushed.


Luhan's mother sighed as she rested her head on her husband's shoulder. "They're so cute together!" she said as she, Luhan's father, Xiumin, and your dad watched you and Luhan. The others nodded in agreement. "Reminds me of how we met," she said to her husband.
Your father smiled. Xiumin turned to his father. "She seems happier ever since she was with Luhan more. Ever since mom died, no one could cheer her up. But now one can," he said.
Your father chuckled. "The boy did more than I did to cheer her up. Unlike those other parents who want to approve of who they're daughter dates, I let Jieun make choice to who she wants to be with. If she chooses him, I approve without even getting a chance to talk to him. Unlike that kid named Seyong. Ugh," he said.
Luhan's father chuckled. "Don't worry, good ol' pal. With Luhan, he'll take good care of your daughter. He will never let her out of his life," he said.
Your dad patted his friend's back. "That's what I'd like to hear," he said.
"We should leave them alone now. Let's go home and cook food until they come home," Luhan's mother said. They all left the beautiful scenery.


Told you guys it was an epic chapter of all in this story. :3 Perhaps... 2-4 more chapters? ouo