chapter twenty three.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQclyiCOlR4


"Jieun-ah..."
Your name echoed the room. Your eyes fluttered open, realizing that you were in a room. Darkness surrounded you. No light. Just complete blackness.
"Jieun..."
You looked around. "Umma?" You looked down at your hands. They were tiny, as were your legs. You looked up and saw a mirror, seeing yourself as a child. "Jieun." You looked up.

You were suddenly on a boat. Your mother stood next to you. "Jieun, see that star? It's a wishing star," she said. You looked up at your mother. "Star light star bright, the first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight," she said. She turned to you. "Sing that, and your wish may come true," she gently poked your nose.
You felt tears forming, but they never came out of your eyes. "What did you wish for?" you whispered.
She gently smiled at you. "What more could I wish for? My life is just fine. I need nothing else to change it," she said, and pulled you close. She sighed. "Jieun-ah, promise me that you won't tell your father that you and I were out here in the middle of the night. Umma just wanted to show you how the night looks like. It may be dark and scary. But it's really pretty." She looked at the night skies. "I used to come out here with your grandma when I was little. She'd show me all of the stars and formations." She looked at you. "And I can finally do the same for--" Your mother suddenly looked at the sky.

A bright light tore the sky. The stars started to fade away. Waves were were getting stronger. Your mother held you close. A big wave crashed against the boat that you and your mother were in. The boat flipped over, you and your mother were sent away in different directions. "Umma!" you shouted and reached out, but your mother was no where to be seen. Soon enough, you were under water. You felt as if your leg was being pulled, you tried to move your leg, but it wouldn't move. Then everything turned black...


"UMMA!" you shouted and sat up in bed.
The sound of footsteps were outside your door. Luhan came running in. "Jieun!" he looked at you, seeing your head lowered. He walked towards you. "Jieun... Are you okay?" he asked. He heard the sound of crying. He sat down next to you, looked at you worriedly. Without an explanation, you hugged Luhan. His eyes widen. He tried to pull away, but you'd hold him tighter.
"Don't leave..." you said and hugged him tighter. He softened.
Luhan sighed and patted your back. "Okay..." he said. "Just for now..." he whispered, and started to hum a tune.
You snuggled against him and slowly fell asleep.


The sound of rapid knocking was on your door. "Jieunnie! Good morning!" Luhan's mom said as she opened your door.
You looked up from drying your hair with a towel. You softly smiled. "Hello, umma," you said.
She sat down next to you. "Luhan told me that you were crying last night..." You nodded. She gently your hair. "Aww, poor Jiji... Are you okay now?"
You remembered last night, Luhan trying to comfort you. "Yeah..." you said, slowly smiling.
"Good, 'cause I made a sandwich and orange juice for you," she said, pouring orange juice into a cup. "Eat well, and enjoy the rest of the day," she said and left.

After finishing your breakfast, you wondered off around the house. You stopped at Luhan's room and popped your head inside his room. Luhan was on his computer, as always. "What do you want?" he asked, not looking away from his computer.
You ran over and sat down in a seat next to him. Luhan quickly clicked on something. "Whatcha dooing?" you asked.
Luhan looked at you. "Is it really any of your business?" he asked.
You nodded. "Because your business might be able to entertain me!" you said. 
He raised an eyebrow. "You're bored huh?" he asked, turning back to his computer, typing.
You pouted and nodded. "Very~" you said.
He sighed and turned to you. "Then how about we get some ice cream then?" he said.
You widen your eyes. "Can we?"

Luhan nodded. "Sure. While you're going, get me one too," he said.
You glared at him. "Psh, you're no fun," you said and walked out of his room.
Luhan chuckled and ran after you. "I was just kidding. Let's go," he said.
You pouted and crossed your arms, turned to a different direction. "No," you said.
He chuckled once more and pushed you out of the house. "Liar," he said.


You and Luhan both walked in the park with ice cream in hand. You happily ate your ice cream as you walked beside Luhan. "Mm~ Ice cream!" you said.
Luhan chuckled. "Happy now?"
You nodded. "YESH! Because you're suddenly nice today!"
Luhan's ears turned red. "What? I can't be nice?"
You giggled. "Of course you can! But I'm used to you being cold towards me," you admitted.
Luhan looked at you. "Then I shall continue to be mean to you," he said and snatched your ice cream and ate a spoonful of it.

You gaped and glared at him. "YAH!" you slapped his arm. "Give it back!"
Luhan walked in a different direction, "Why should I? I bought the ice cream!"
"Well I was eating it!" you said.
Luhan rolled his eyes, "Wow, nice way to try to win an argument with some one," he said and took another bite of your ice cream.
"YAH!" you shouted and climbed on his back, grabbing for your ice cream.

In the end, Luhan ate all of your ice cream. You glared at him. "I can't believe you ate all of my ice cream!" you said.
Luhan shrugged. "It's not my fault you were slow and didn't get it," he said opening his ice cream.
You glanced at his ice cream and quickly snatched it away. Luhan looked at you and saw that you had already taken a bite out of his ice cream. You made an innocent face.
Luhan chuckled. "Fair enough," he said.
You pouted. "You're no fun," you said.
He turned to you. "I'm never fun. I hardly spent anytime in  my life for fun."
You looked at him. "Really? Not even gone to an amusement park?"
Luhan shook his head. "Nope." You smirked and grabbed his hand and pulled him down the streets. "YAH! WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME, PIG?!" he shouted.
You giggled as you tried to dodge the people in your way. "You'll see!" you said.


What's wrong with me and crappy updates today? D; Anywho, I added more Luhan moments! ouo Hope you guys enjoyed the double update today. <3