chapter twenty one.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BqPlrdjHj8


You woke up the next day, your blanket was on the ground, pillows were everywhere. You groaned and sat up on your bed. "It's so hot today!" you shouted.
"Knock knock! Jieunnie! It's umma!" Luhan's mom said from the other side of the door.
You looked up, "Oh, come in, umma!" you said.
She opened the door, came in with a tray of iced tea and fruit. "Good morning, Jieunnie!" she said, cheerfully as she closed your door with her feet. "I made you some iced tea, and cut up some fruits for you," she said and sat beside you, setting the tray in front of the both of you. "It's so hot today, isn't it?" she asked. You pouted and nodded. Suddenly, she clapped her hands. "Oh! I made plans today for going to the beach! A perfect day for the beach!" she said, cheerfully.
You puffed you cheeks. "The beach?" you beamed. She nodded in response.


"How nice of you to invite us on your family trip to the beach," Chen said sarcastically.
Luhan glared at his didi. "Just be glad that I invited you and that you don't have to stay at home, swimming in your own pool of sweat," he said.
Jiyoung giggled. "Well it was nice of you to invite us," she said sweetly to Luhan and hugged his arm.
Lay looked up. "Is Jieun coming?"
Everyone looked at Luhan. Luhan shrugged. "I think she is. Even if I refused to let her go, my mama would just take her along," he said. The boys, excluding Lay, and Jiyoung groaned. "My reaction, exactly."
Jiyoung pouted. "Why does your mom like her so much?"
Luhan sighed and shrugged. "Who knows," he said.

Soon, Luhan's parents came out. "Okay, let's go," Luhan's mom said and pulled you into the bus they had rented for the trip.
You sat in between Luhan's mom and Lay. Jiyoung and Luhan sat on the other side of the bus. Jiyoung glared at you. You felt her glaring at you, but you tried to ignore it. Xiumin sat in front of you. "Jieun, should we go and meet dad after we get back?" he asked as he turned in his seat to face you.
You beamed. "Can we?" you asked. Xiumin softly smiled and nodded, but you can see the hurt in his eyes, he turned back around.

You turned to Lay and saw his smiling face. You smiled back. "You seemed tired today," he said.
You puffed your cheeks and nodded. "I couldn't sleep from the stupid weather last night," you said.
Lay chuckled. "Well, maybe you can get some more sleep once we get to the beach."
You smiled and nodded once more before turning to Luhan's mom and started talking to her.

Luhan looked in your direction, seeing you and Lay smiling, and Lay laughing. Then you turned to his mother. His eyes narrowed. *Is there a reason why my friend and my mother would actually like her? They don't seem to hate her as we do...* But then Tao turned around in his seat and went on his knees and looked at you.
"Nooonnnaaa~" Tao said.
You looked at him. "Yes?"
"Noona looks really pretty today," he said and beamed.
You smiled. "Thank shew!" you said.
Tao and Lay chuckled and listened to Luhan's mom stories about Luhan as a child.

Luhan groaned. *Great, the panda too.*
Jiyoung looked at Luhan. "What wrong, Lulu?" she asked.
Luhan sighed and looked at Jiyoung, with a grin. "Nothing," he said and looked out the window.

An hour had passed. Your head bobbed back and forth and eventually ended up on Lay's shoulder. Lay looked up from his laptop, in surprise. He glanced on his shoulder and saw that you had fell asleep. He chuckled and shook his head. Then, glanced around and noticed that everyone was asleep.

At last, the bus had made a stop. "Okay, kids, wake up, we're here!" Luhan's dad said, grabbing his hat and sunglasses.
Everyone woke up and quickly got off the bus. Jiyoung pulled Luhan off the bus, Luhan's mom glared at Jiyoung and glanced at you. "Omo," she said when she realized that you and Lay were soundly asleep. She chuckled seeing how cute they both of you were, but then she had to wake the both of you up.
Lay woke up first. He glanced up, Luhan's mom motioned that she'll be outside for a while and that he had to wake him up. He nodded as she left. He looked to his left and smiled. He shrugged his shoulder, instantly, you woke up. You got your head off of Lay's shoulder and looked at him. He chuckled. "We're here," he said, standing up, pointing to the window, a blue sea and the pale sand outside. You wearily stood up, but stumbled back. Luckily, Lay caught you just in time, he had his arm around your waist. "Careful," he said.
You nodded and stood up straight, and walked out of the bus with Lay following behind you.

"INCOMING LAY GEGE!" Tao shouted. Before Lay could turn and see, a big beach ball hit him in the head.
Lay shot a death glare at the maknae. "YAH!"
"I TOLD YOU THAT THE BALL WAS COMING!" Tao said, waddling back to Kris and Chen.
"YEAH? WELL NOT GOOD ENOUGH." You laughed at the two boys' actions. Lay looked at you. "What's so funny?" he asked, raised an eyebrow.
You shook your head and skipped over to Luhan's mom who was sitting under a big umbrella, cutting up fruits, also where Jiyoung and Luhan sat.

"Oh, Jieun! Come here and try some fresh oranges!" Luhan's mom said. You walked over to her and picked up a slice of the orange and nibbled on it. Luhan's mom smiled. "It's good, isn't it?" You nodded and smiled. Luhan's mom chuckled and turned back to the fruits, but she gotten distracted to the sight of Luhan and Jiyoung, who was feeding Luhan ice cream. She frowned. "Luhan, why don't you eat some fruits?" she said.
Jiyoung turned to her, "It's okay, ma'am. He's already eating some ice cream," she said and giggled cutely.
Luhan's mom rolled her eyes and her frown deepen. "I don't like that Luhan's being fed something unhealthy," she said sourly.
Jiyoung glanced at Luhan's mom. "Don't worry, grandma," she mumbled the past part.

Luhan's mom glared at her. But then she turned to you. "Jieun, go and play. You don't have to stand here the whole time," she said.

Eventually, you did. You ended up walking along the shores of the beach. "So this is where you are." You looked up and saw Lay.
You blinked. "Are you following me or something?" you joked.
Lay chuckled. "Haha, funny," he said and rolled his eyes. "So, what are you doing here, instead of over there?" He nodded his head over at where his friends were.
You shrugged. "I was just... Thinking..." you said, sitting on a rock.
Lay sat down beside you, "Thinking? A penny for your thoughts?"
You sighed and drew circles on the sand with the toe of your sandal. "Just thinking about my family..."
"Mostly of your dad?" Lay asked. You looked at him. "Sad that he's not with you at this very moment?"
You gave him a look. "I swear, I think you and Luhan are some kind of 
psychic, or some sort." You shook your head. Lay chuckled. You lowered your head to look at the sand underneath your feet. "But yeah... That's exactly what I'm thinking..." Pause. "It's been a while since I've gone to the beach, especially with my dad... He and I barely see each other anymore, even before he was in the hospital. Before I was even in middle school, I was all he cared for... But now, all he cares about is me taking over his company..."

Lay looked at you. "How long has it been since you've spent time with him?"
You shrugged. "About 5 years? More or less. Sometimes when he's on a break, he'd only speak to me for at least 5 minutes, then he'd have to go somewhere else. But most of our conversations were of me and my education..."
Lay nodded. "You seem to have a family that really cares about you..." You looked at him. "You're mother had always cared for you. Your dad is always away, but at least he cares about you. And your brother is like a real brother who protects their sister." 
You smiled. "It seems like as if you know my family or like, you're able to read my brain..."
Lay smiled and looked at you. "I don't. I listen," he said. You laughed, as did he.

"Luhan! Can you get Jieun for me?" Luhan's mom shouted from the bus.
Luhan groaned. "Okay," he said and walked onto the beach. He saw you sitting on a rock. He slowed his pace once he saw you with Lay. You both were smiling. Luhan furrowed his eyebrows and walked towards the both of you. "Yah, pig. Umma, wants you."
You stood up and dusted the sand off your self. "Okay, where is she?" you asked. Luhan pointed towards the bus. You nodded and ran off.
There was just Luhan and Lay left behind. Lay started to walk after you, but Luhan held him back. "Lay," Luhan said.
Lay stopped and faced his gege. "Yes?"
"Is it possible that you may like Jieun?" Luhan suddenly asked.
Lay stared at Luhan. "Why do you ask that?"
Luhan looked at his didi. "Before, you used to hate Jieun that you didn't even speak to her whenever she'd as for an answer on a test. But now..."
Lay narrowed his eyes. "No," he said and walked away.
Luhan shook his head and looked at you as you helped his mother make kimbap. He sighed and ran back to be with his friends.


I tried to my best to make a Lay and a little bit of Luhan moments. And maybe tried to get Luhan's feelings to change a bit. ouo This plot suddenly got into my brain when I realized that it was utterly hot yesterday. Sadly, I couldn't go to the beach like Jieun and Hannie did, because my state of the country is so boring. D;
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SUHO~ <3 I have no time for a spam. >< But I love chu, Suho~~