chapter fourteen.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dorcHfuQBE8


You followed Xiumin out of his car as you both arrived at the mall. "Are you sure you friends don't mind me being with you guys?"
Xiumin shook his head. "Of course not," he said. "Let's go."

"Gege!" his friends shouted with happiness when they met him. But then their expressions changed. "Jieun..." they mumbled in disappointment.
You tried to smile, but their disappointed atmosphere around you made you fail.
"Where's Luhan?" Xiumin asked.
"He went to pick-up Jiyoung meimei," Tao said.

You tilted your head. "Jiyoung? As in.. Park Jiyoung-ssi?" you asked. They all nodded with disgusted looks on them.
You whispered to your brother, "See? I told you they don't like me..." You pouted.
"Don't worry. They're just not used to you."

"A-yo, didis," Luhan said. You turned and saw Luhan, hand in hand with Jiyoung. You stared at them. Luhan's smile turned into a frown when he saw you. Without a greeting, he turned his attention back to his friends.
*I feel as if I'm not needed...* You tugged on your brother's sleeve. "Oppa... I feel as if I'm un-needed... I'll be around the mall if you need me," you said and walked away.

The boys exhaled. "Thank god. I thought she'd stayed with us the whole time," Chen said. Kris smacked Chen's arm and glanced at Xiumin. "Oh!" Chen automatically covered his mouth.
Xiumin's lips pressed into a straight line. "Why do you guys hate my sister? Is she really that mean?" he asked.
"Wh- whaattt?" Chen said, slowly backing away.
"Psshh. Of course not, gege!" Kris said, backing away along with Tao.

"W-we'll get going," Chen said and dragged Kris and Tao away, leaving Xiumin, Lay, Luhan, and Jiyoung alone.
"Well, I guess I'm going," Luhan said and pulled Jiyoung along.
Only Lay and Xiumin were left behind. Lay slung his arm over Xiumin's shoulders. "Hey, gege. Guess it's just you and me," he said.
"Hmm.. I guess so... So, explain to me. Why do you guys hate Jieun?"
Lay stiffen. "Y-you know what? I have something to do..." Lay said, backing away. "That way," he said, pointing to the left and rushed away.
Xiumin sighed. "Well I guess it's just me," Xiumin said and walked towards the food court.

You looked around the mall. "Nothing interesting to do here..." you said, but then you suddenly stopped walking. You looked inside and saw frames of painting, columns of arts. You eyes rounded. "At least that catches my attention..." You walked inside the gallery. You looked around in awe. "Wah~"
You stumbled backwards and bumped into someone. "Sorry--" You looked up and saw Chen. His face turned expressionless. "Sorry," he said. But then he suddenly raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing here?" he asked, like he didn't want you there.
You frowned. "Why? I can't be here?" you asked. Chen didn't answer. You sighed. "There's nothing else to do... And you guys don't want me around... I might as well go somewhere in the mall that catches my attention. And here is the place," you said.
Chen looked at you. "You? You're into art?"
You nodded. "Hasn't Xiumin oppa told you?"

Chen looked away. "No. But then, he never tells us anything..."
Silence. You cleared your throat. "Well, I'll be leaving. I'm guessing you won't want to see me," you said and walked away, leaving Chen behind.
You walked out of the gallery and bumped into someone. You looked up and saw Kris and Tao. Kris gave you a disgusted look, while Tao waved cutely at you. You quickly bowed to apologize and walked away.


You sighed as you played with the food on your tray in front of you. You sat alone in the food court. No friends. No brother. A shadow hovered over you. You looked up and met Lay. "Why did you come?" he asked, coldly.
You flinched. "Why? I can't? It's not like you own the mall," you said and sipped your soda.
He scoffed. "Oh please. It's not like you own the mall either. You did you come with your brother?"
"Why? I can't? He offered so I did. And as his sister, I didn't want to say no. Because I knew that he'd become upset if I did."
He raised an eyebrow. "Ah, so the has a heart," he said. "Well, that's something new."
You scowled at him. "What's that suppose to mean?"
"I just can't believe that you can actually care for someone. You're always a stuck-up at school." He sat down across from you and propped his elbow on the table, leaning his chin on his hand. "Seriously, Jung Jieun. Who are you, really?"

You glared at him. "Who do you think I am?"
He smirked. "Simple question. You're a . You know, I'm starting to like Jiyoung more than you."
You scoffed. "You hardly know me and now you're comparing me to Jiyoung? Psh. What is she? You're girlfriend or something?"
"No. But I'm guessing she'll be Luhan gege's soon."
Your eyes narrowed. "Why do you guys even like Jiyoung sunbae?" you asked.
"Ohoho, so you're jealous," Lay abruptly said.

You shot him a death glare. "Why are you even asking?"
"So, you are jealous?" he asked with a smirk.
"Why don't you just shut up and enjoy this nice cool beverage of..." You took your soda and dumped it over Lay's head. He flinched from the coldness of the soda. "Lemonade. Hope you like it," you said and walked away.
"GEGE!" you heard Tao shout, but you continued to walk away.


You sighed and walked into the girls bathroom of the mall. You the sink and washed your hands in the cool water. "Jieun," a soft voice said behind you. You looked up in the mirror and saw Jiyoung. She smiled. "Fancy seeing you here," she said.
You turned off the sink and turned to her. You nodded. "Yes it is. What are you doing back here?" you asked, bravely.
She smiled and walked up to the sink mirror and adjusted her hair. "Oh, visiting family and Luhan." She turned to you. "You know Luhan right?" You stayed silent. Jiyoung chuckled softly. "Don't worry, Jieun. I'm not on to you anymore. I may used to be mean and all, but I've changed. Right now, I'm just carrying on with my college education. I was just playing with you. So, you know Luhan? He's talked about you a lot." She smiled softly at you. "So..." She stood up straightly and took out her water bottle, opening the cap and dumped all of the water on you. "Stay away from him," she said and walked away, flipping her hair to the side. 
You stood there in disbelief. The took multiples of paper towels and began using them to dry your hair. *I so regret being friends with that !*

You walked out of the bathroom, still soaking wet. You heard a small chuckle from behind you, you turned around and saw Tao and Lay. Tao looked at you with big eyes. He ran to you. "Noona! What happened to you?" he ask, as he looked at your wet hair.
Lay snickered. "Yes. What happened to you? Please do tell," he said with a smirk. You glared at him, realizing that he, too, was also still soaking wet.
Tao pouted. "Stop laughing at noona hyung!"
But Lay continued. "Did you start playing with the water in the girls bathroom? It's a bathroom. Not a pool."
You glared at him and walked away. Tao glared at his gege. "Nice job, gege," he said and walked away. Lay stopped laughing and looked at you as you walked away. Without even thinking, he ran after you.


Sorry for not updating for the past few days. >< I've been very mad at some things and I couldn't get my feelings into the romance parts.
But hope you like the updates! 8D Just to let you guys know, I won't be updating on Tuesdays and Thursdays because of after-school activities. ouob