Lay/Suho: Honesty

Too Nice For Your Own Good

Lay is no expert, but he can see that Suho is too nice. The leader of EXO-K smiles abashedly when an old lady praises him for helping her carry stuff to her car. Later that night, Lay scolds Suho for helping that lady with her groceries when he had a sprained ankle. Suho apologizes and thanks Lay for bandaging his ankle again. The next day, Suho is helping Kai confess to Lu Han. Lay is the one who comforts Suho when the other is sobbing on his shoulder of a broken heart.

 

“Why did you do that?” Lay knows that Suho had a small crush on Lu Han. Suho wipes his tears, apologizes and thanks Lay for staying with him and giving him tissues and eye drops.  The next day, Lay confesses to Suho, but refuses to accept an answer. Suho tries to tell Lay that he likes him too but Lay won’t hear any of it.

 

“Why aren’t you listening to me?” Lay winces as his shoulders hit the wall hard enough to leave bruises. A tired sigh escapes his lips as he looks away from Suho. He explains how Suho is too nice, for  helping  an old lady, for giving up his first love, and he would certainly be too nice if he gave into Lay’s selfish heart. Suho clings onto Lay, trembling and crying while Lay clears his throat and offers more tissues. His heart continues to break because Suho also knows that Lay is too nice. Lay is too nice for buying medical kits for him, for comforting him even though there was now snot on Lay’s favorite poncho, and especially for falsely letting Suho believe he was okay. Suho thinks he’s rather selfish and hates himself because he wants to love Lay with all his heart but he can’t do it. Lay knows this too, and he’s too nice to force Suho into something that won’t ever happen. 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

A/N:  This is the drabble made by kaihanes.  For more EXO drabbles from here, "click here".  The next part will be a oneshot written by me. ^_^