Masquerade

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{A/N: Some have asked if Baekhyun was the one who watched Elise in secret. And I say...who said there was only one person watching?}

 

"So this is China?" you asked of no one as you stepped out off the plane where you arrived in Bejing.

"In all its glory," D.O. confirmed.

"You can practice Mandarin with native speakers at least," Kai pointed out.

"Ne."

After going through all the bag checks and whatnot, you entered the main area of the airport. There were masses of people--getting ready to leave, and those waiting on people alike.

Then you noticed a sign that a group of familiar boys were holding.

EXO-K AND ELISE it read.

You giggled at the sign. Obviously Kris had written it since it was readable.

They waved frantically at you, so you grabbed Suho's wrist, dragging him towards the group of boys.

Suho, seeing them himself, chuckled. "Not exactly discreet, are they?"

"Ni hao mei mei!" Chen greeted you happily.

"Ni hao!"

"Have a nice flight?" Kris asked.

"Ne," you all replied.

"Are you tired mei mei?" Tao asked in Mandarin, smiling widely at you and grabbing your arm, taking you from Suho. "I'll go buy you something. Ah! Bubble tea?"

You smiled and nodded. "Yes thank you."

Suho frowned, watching your disappearing figures. "What were they saying?" he asked Kris.

"He's taking her for bubble tea," he explained. "I think Tao developed a little crush on her."

"He better not have," said Baekhyun.

"Well, who's up for crappy airport food?" Luhan asked.

†-♥-†

EXO-M's house was possibly bigger than EXO-K's.

"Are you guys having the masquerade here?" you asked curiously.

"No," Xiumin answered with a smile. "We're having it at my parents' hotel ballroom."

"Your parents own a hotel?"

"Don't act so shocked mei mei. All of our parents are wealthy business owners. Where do you think our money comes from?"

"Hey baby doll," D.O. said, pulling you to him to whisper in your ear. "What are you saying?"

You laughed. "Nothing. Just talking about where the masquerade is."

"Ah. Hey, can everyone speak Korean please? I don't like not being able to understand what everyone's saying."

"Maybe you should've studied Mandarin harder," you and Lay said in unison, making you both laugh and D.O. sulk.

†-♥-†

"How many people are going to be here?" you asked Chen.

You had gotten closer to the six boys in the two days you'd been in China.

"Um...depends."

"On what?"

"How many people our parents invited. This thing is usually for our parents' business partners. We'll usually just invite EXO-K for someone to talk to that isn't one hundred years old."

"I understand. Same reason they invited you to their party?"

"Pretty much."

You two watched the TV for a while longer.

Later, Chanyeol passed by Chen's room and heard your voice so he stopped.

"No! Chen, it goes there!" you insisted.

"Isn't it too big?"

"No. I promise, the hole's perfectly big enough."

"Mei mei, you're going to break it!"

Chanyeol's eyes widened and he threw the door open, not knowing what he'd see. "What are you--?!"

You both looked up with innocent eyes.

You blinked. "Doing a puzzle." You looked down at the puzzle. There weren't too many blank areas left.

Chanyeol sighed in relief. "Oh."

Chen raised an eyebrow. "What did you think we were doing?"

"Er...I...nothing!" Blushing, he stepped out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter