Open Up

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You woke up for school like always. But something was off.

You headed to the kitchen to find the guys. They weren't there. You frowned.

They didn't leave you alone with Chanyeol again, did they?

You looked outside, in the garage, in the library, and even in their rooms. it was like they disappeared or something.

You sat down at the table. Today was not a good day for you to be alone.

Today marked the tenth anniversary of the day your father jumped off their stairwell, hanging himself with bed sheets he tied together. You'd been ignoring the day, but now that it was here...

Shaking your head, you went into the kitchen for breakfast. You were surprised to see all of the pack there, cooking.

You raised an eyebrow. "Um...what are you guys doing?"

Suho looked up and smiled. "Annyeong Elise. We were making breakfast."

"I can see that but...why?"

They turned somber.

"Today's Chanyeol's dad's death anniversary," Suho said quietly.

You spotted Chanyeol sitting at a chair by the stove, his expression unreadable. You softened. Well, there was something you had in common.

"Are you going to visit him?" you asked softly.

He gave a small nod.

"Can I go with you?"

He sighed.

Baekhyun spoke up, "We'll accompany him to the cemetery but he generally goes to the grave on his own."

"Oh. I see. Then I'll accompany you to the cemetery at least."

†-♥-†

Today was sunny, odd enough.

Just like the day you came into the living room to a screaming Eli and a swinging father. You squeezed your eyes shut, banishing the memory from your thoughts.

Today you were in between Baekhyun and Sehun, D.O. giving up his precious passenger seat so Chanyeol could get out easier.

You reached the graveyard and with a pang you saw it was the same cemetery your father was buried in. You glanced out towards the direction your father's grave was.

Your phone buzzed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter