Follow The Scent

Hey There, Little Red Riding Hood
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You were allowed to go back to school Monday.

But this time it was horrible. Why? Because Suho told you he wasn't going to leave your side until you got to your classroom.

"Suho, no."

"Wae?" he asked with puppy-dog eyes.

"Because then people will think we're dating! And I'm so not up for a hate-club."

"That's good then. Then the guys will know you're not available."

"Aish. Suho, nobody cares if I'm single or not! Which I am, by the way. And even if a guy took interest in me, I wouldn't take him as a boyfriend! You included. I have school to worry about. I have to get a full scholarship so my brother doesn't have too much of a burden. Araso?"

He softened. "Elise, as long as you're with us, as long as I'm yours, you won't have to pay for college. I'll pay the tuition for you!"

"No," you firmly said. "You won't. Because I will not be in debt, especially not to you or my brother. I will put myself in college by my own power and no one else's. Got it?"

"Fine, fine."

"Good. Now go to your own class before the whole freaking school sees you talking to the loser nerd."

"You're not a loser--"

"Yes I am," you cut him off. "And I'm definitely a nerd. Now shoo."

Suho left as you asked. Such a strong girl, he thought with a smile. Definitely one-of-a-kind.

†-♥-†

During a break in between classes, one member of the pack came to see you. Well, he hid by a wall and watched you from the classroom window, but he still went and saw you.

You were reading--what else was new?--by yourself while your classmates were out in the halls, chatting. A lot of them took notice of him hiding behind the wall, and he glared at them to keep them from swarming around him.

A girl went up to you. "Hey geek-freak."

"What do you want Hyesook?" you asked in a bored tone.

"I saw you talking to Suho oppa earlier. What was that about?"

"None of your business."

"Like hell it's none of my business! Suho is my boyfriend."

You scoffed, looking up at her from her book. "You should probably wake up from that hallucination before it comes back and bites you, Lee Hyesook."

"Why you little..." Hyesook gripped the edge of your desk. "No. You should wake up from your little dream. Suho's too good for you. You don't deserve him. He could hang around a dumpster, and the company would still be better than you."

"And I could talk to a stick with a face drawn on it and get better comebacks from it."

"You ," she hissed, slapping you across the face.

The wolf outside the classroom watched in agony, muscles tense. He wanted to go in that classroom and rip all of that Hyesook 's hair out. But he grit his teeth, keeping himself from going in.

"Tell me the real reason you were talking to my oppa!" she demanded of you. "Begging him for money because you're a poor little orphan with nothing more than a brother who is forced to take care of you? Huh? Or did you think you were actually pretty enough that you thought you could confess to him?" She slapped you again, then pulled your hair back roughly. "Just look at this hair. It's a rat's nest! Disgusting. Do you even know what shampoo is? Or body wash, deodorant? Because you stink like trash you little ."

"I would never burden someone else," you hissed, hiding your pain. "Unlike you Hyesook. You fling yourself at any guy who flashes a shiny object in your face."

"! Who are you to say that to me, queenka of this school?" She slammed your head into the desk a few times. "Huh? Who are you Haruma Elise?" Slam. "You're nobody!" Slam. "You're just a little geek-freak with no friends." Slam.

Your nose was bloody and you were surprise she hadn't broken it. Hyesook was stronger than she looked. Your lip was busted too, and you were probably bruised on one of your cheekbones. But you gave a bloody smile to her. "At least if I make a friend, they'll be real."

She made a noise of disbelief before throwing your head down roughly and storming out of the classroom.

The pack member outside glowered at her, his wolf ready to rip out, cut her up into pieces, and feed th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter