When Death Knocks At Your Door

Mirror Mirror

Narrator's POV

"How do we get in?" Clone B asked, looking around the area cautiously. He was weary of the fact that Kai was a crazy-smart scientist and he needed to be careful about how they'd enter his house, kill him and bring back the clone.

Clone A rolled his eyes and said sarcastically, "We knock." Just as Clone B reached up to the door with his huge paw-like hands, Clone A hissed, "You idiot. What the hell are you doing?"

"But you said-"

Clone A cut him off. "Do you want to be caught? I was only being sarcastic. Obviously, we break in." He looked around, to make sure there was no cameras or anyone in sight. "On the count of three, we kick the door down." 

"1... 2... 3!"

Narrator's POV End

*****

Your POV (The Clone)

Lee ~~~~~ and I were in the library, when a loud crash echoed the house. ~~~~~ looked up at me in shock, her expression mirroring mine. "What was that?" She breathed.

I shook my head, "I... don't know."

She dropped the book she was reading and muttered, "Kai.." before dashing out.

I raced behind her and we ran as quick as we could down the twisting corridors and rooms. We were running down the stairs when we saw Kai and Luhan struggling at the door with two burly men, who were identical; clones.

Luhan saw us and yelled, "Run!"

But we both stayed glued to our spot in horror. What was Luhan doing here?

Your POV End

*****

Luhan's POV

I'm an idiot! If I hadn't forced Kai to open the door and let me in, those two clones wouldn't have managed to come in.

I had raced to Kai's place as soon as I could. I thought I could make it time, I guess not.

I should've guessed Kai had already been on guard. I should've guessed that those clones wouldn't have been able to open that door, and instead, would've waited for the perfect moment when the door was opened, to race in.

"It's not your fault." Kai grunted as we tried to pry off the burly men.

I looked at him, but before I could say anything, the two ~~~~~s raced down the stairs, shocked.

Luhan's POV End

*****

 

Lee ~~~~~'s POV 

"GRAB THE CLONE AND KILL THE OTHER!" One of the clones yelled.

My eyes widened and I stared at the clone. "But which one is which?" The other yelled back. 

"She's the clone!" ~~~~~ suddenly yelled out. 

I looked at her shocked. I opened my mouth to deny, but no words came out. She was trying to protect me.

I watched in terror as Luhan tried to pry the big burly man off of Kai and as another man cornered ~~~~~. He was holding a glistening knife and smiling at her with pearl white teeth. Soon, she was cornered.

"No!" I yelled. I raced towards her and stepped in front of her just as the knife was brought down. 

At first I thought he had punched me really really hard on the back, but then the cold wet feeling trickling down my back was undeniably blood. I started hyperventilating as I fell to the floor. The knife had pierced through my heart; I just knew it. Even if it didn't, I knew that my time was up, either way.

Luhan came up from behind the man and knocked him on the head with a lamp before he could try to stab anyone else. Unfortunately for us, the big man was literally made of metal, so all he did was sneer at Luhan and throw a punch in his face.

~~~~~ trembled as she knelt by me. "W-why? Why'd you do it?" She held me in her arms.

I smiled and stuttered, teasingly, "Y-you didn't th-think I'd allo-allow you t-t-to st-steal my name a-and identity agai-again, could you?" I laughed softly. 

Tears dripped down on my face. "B-but..."

"It's o-okay." I smiled and reached up to wipe her tears. "It's ok."

Police sirens started to sound off in the distance.

"LET'S GO! JUST LIGHT THE HOUSE ON FIRE!" Clone A yelled. He grabbed a lighter from his pocket and quickly threw it towards the window curtains. Instantly, it blazed up. "TAKE THE BOY!" He rushed out the house.

Clone B grabbed Kai but Luhan quickly kicked the clone in the chest and he immediately released his grip on Kai. He grunted and contemplated about grabbing him again, but as he heard the sirens nearing, quickly left with the other clone.

The two boys raced over to my side and looked at me with teary eyes.

"~~~~~..."

Lee ~~~~~'s POV End

*****

Your POV

"Leave... all of you. Be-before the fire gets too big." ~~~~~ stuttered. Her face was white and her lips almost purple.

"No. We won't leave you." Luhan said holding onto ~~~~~ on one side.

I was kneeling aside from the two boys and girl. Tears kept dripping down my face over and over again. This was how it felt, to lose someone. No wonder Kai was so broken. 

Though ~~~~~ and I only had a short period of time together, it felt like I'd known her for years. We had many similarities, but we were both so different at the same time. It was no wonder why Kai loved her so dearly.

Kai whispered, "Don't worry ~~~~~-ah. I figured out a way to bring you back and I will do so again."

She smiled but I could see that in her eyes, she was tired, Truly tired of life. She was meant to be dead and for a long time. There were too many things that she couldn't let go of though.

But now she could. She could finally die in the arms of her love; Luhan. She reached up and touched Kai on the cheek. "Thanks Kai. I love you."

She looked at me, and smiled, "You're the sister I never had... Gomawo."

I sniffed and looked away from her beautiful, tired but relieved eyes. She stared at Luhan and didn't say anything for a long time, then, "Luhan, wo ai ni."

He cried and smiled, "Wo ye ai ni." He pressed his lips on her forehead.

Suddenly, above me, I heard the cracking off wood. Oh no. I looked up, to see a huge piece of wood falling down on me. I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for a huge burning impact. Instead, all I felt was a soft, warm and safe body above me.

I opened my eyes in shock to see Kai smiling down at me, before passing out.

"Kai... wake up... please." I tried to push the wood off of us, but it was just too heavy and hot. Blood trickled down Kai's head and I grew desperate.

Luckily, Luhan pulled the burning wood off of us. He looked at us and yelled, "Leave!!" I looked at him and ~~~~~ who was just smiling and bit my lip before supporting Kai at my side and walking out the door. Luhan helped me kicked open the door that was burning hot.

Just as I exited, more pieces of timber collapsed, completely blocking ~~~~~ and Luhan from escape.

“Just go!” I heard Luhan yell.

“Live well… look after Kai for me, je-jebal…” ~~~~~ said.

“I understand. I will.” I cried, before leaving the burning house, without another look back.

Your POV End

*****

Narrator’s POV

Luhan collapsed to the floor next to his love as pieces of timber fell on him.

He looked at ~~~~~ and smiled. She smiled back. They reached out for each other, and she slipped her hand into his bigger, warm ones.

“Finally.” He whispered.

She smiled and closed her eyes for a moment before opening them again. “Yes… finally. It seems that no one, even Kai, can ever take a soul away from Death once He has claimed it… for Death will find a way to obtain that soul back… When you’re time is up, it’s up. You cannot escape from Death.” Her grip on Luhan’s hand tightened, just as his on her.

He smiled and brought her hand up to his lips and kissed them. “But this time, Death is kind enough to take me with you.”

Narrator’s POV End

 

*****