Kai, Jongin-sunbae?

Mirror Mirror

~Past~

Lee ~~~~~'s POV (The Original)

The disco lights flashed quickly, making my head spin. I breathed heavily; the hot sticky air made it hard, and I craved for fresh cool air. The loud thumping noise deafened by ears. I sighed and looked at my phone, checking the time. It was 11:43 PM, I had school tomorrow. 

I looked about for Luhan, and he was chatting at the bar with a few friends. He had invited me to come along, but I declined; I didn't know any of his friends. 

I tapped Sooya's shoulder. She turned with a raised eyebrow. I yelled out loudly, "I'm going home first... tell Luhan for me, araji?"

She nodded, and did an ok sign with her hands. I smiled, picked up my bag and walked to the exit.

*****

As I walked down the dark streets, I heard footsteps nearing me. I grabbed my compact mirror from my bag and flipped it open. I angled it to behind me, and saw a group of drunk men following me. 

I tensed up and picked up my speed. I purposely made a sharp turn into a street, and they followed me in. 

I continued down, searching for a more lively street with more people. I grew hopeful when I saw two figures walking towards me, but my heart dropped when I saw it was a drunk looking girl in the arms of a drunk man. 

I bit my lip, wanting to cry. I grabbed my phone out of my bag, but suddenly, a hand came out of nowhere, covered my mouth and dragged me into an alley.

*****

I let out a yelp and slapped the hands coming from all directions.

"Stop moving..." A voice growled as others chuckled. From the side, I could see a man with a phone, recording. Someone pulled at my shirt, exposing my shoulder, and I slapped that hand away.

I screeched, "Get away from me!"

There was chuckling and a hand moved up my legs, tugging at my shorts.

I slapped the hands away. "Get away from me!" Tears streamed down my cheek. "Luhan-ah... help me."

Suddenly a shadow appeared out of nowhere and punched away the men around me. I scrambled up and grabbed my bag, trying to figure out who it was. It was... Kai?

"K-Kai? Is that you?" All the men were on the ground, groaning. 

The figure turned slightly at me then quickly ran out of the alley. I frowned and chased after him. 

"Kai! Where are you going?" I ran out of the alley and raced after him. I grabbed his shoulder, "Yah!" I spun him around, but was surprised to see that it wasn't Kai. "J-Jongin-sunbae?"

He pushed up his glasses, smiled and weakly said, "Hi..." 

*****

I rolled around in my bed and  sighed. I couldn't sleep. I looked at the time, it was 2:49 AM. I blew up my cheeks and sat up. I ran my hand through my hair, confused. 

How had I mistaken Jongin-sunbae for Kai? They were totally different, one a nerd, the other, a... a mysterious wanderer.

But, come to think of it... the two did look similar... If Jongin-sunbae took off his huge glasses... and those braces... and didn't gel back is hair like the way he did, he'd look exactly like Kai.

...Exactly alike.

*****

"Jongin-oppa!" I yelled out. He turned and looked at me. 

He stuttered out, "G-good morning."

I smiled, "Good morning... and thanks for last night."

He nodded, "You said that about a million times as I took you home last night."

I shrugged and said, "Well, I owe you... Thanks." 

A dark shade of red crept up his cheeks and he looked down at the feet, scratching his head, "N-nae... You're welcome... I'd do that for anyone, and it was you... so..."

"Oh... I see."

"~~~~~-ah! What are you doing with the nerd?" I turned to see Sooya looking at me, frowning.

I frowned, "None of your business!"

She smiled and shook her head, before walking to class. I turned back to Jongin. He cleared his throat and said, "I... should get to class now." I nodded. He nodded at me, "Bye..."

I watched him walk away. "Bye..." I paused, "...Kai."

He turned and grinned at me. He winked and walked away. I smiled and walked to class.

Lee ~~~~~'s POV End

*****

(Just to clear things up, the original never knew that Kai and Jongin were the same person, but now she knows. But she still doesn't know that he's her stalker as well...)