Awake

Mirror Mirror

~Past~

Lee ~~~~~'s POV (The Original)

"I can't believe the character was so stupid. She shouldn't have cheated on her boyfriend like that, with his best friend. She deserved what she got, in the end." I looked at Kai, and raised an eyebrow, "Don't you think?"

He was looking at me, intently, with an amused expression. We had just came out of the cinema from watching some movie. He chuckled and said, "Well, I guess you have to look at it from the girl's side as well. She loved her boyfriend, but she also loved his best friend. It's possible for someone to love two people. Or more. I pity her." He turned back to me, and smiled, "Don't you?"

I thought for a second, and shrugged. "I guess, if you put it that way. But still, she should've just chosen one of them. It shouldn't have been that hard."

"How about you?" Kai asked, after a moment of silence. He stopped walking. I stopped and faced him, looking at him questioningly. He smiled and looked at me, "Who would you choose... Luhan... or me?"

That caught me off guard. "Wh-what do you mean, Kai?"

He leaned in and kissed me. I was frozen for a moment, but something took over, and I kissed him back. He pulled away, smirking, "Who would you choose, me or Luhan?" 

I bit my lip, totally unsure of myself now. Being put into this position... I understand the main character now. I looked at him. 

He held onto my hand, smiled and pulled me in for a hug. "You don't have to choose. Just stay by my side... be with me. Be happy. That's all I want."

I nodded. Damn. I was in love with Kai, all this time, and I never knew. Damn. Damn.

*****

~Present Time~

I heard the chains clanging to the floor, and the box tearing open. I was free. I took in a deep breath of oxygen. 

My fingers twitched, slightly and I breathed out. I could hear voices around me. Slowly, and cautiously, I opened my eyes. The first thing I saw, was the bright light above me, then I saw Kai. He looked exactly the same as the last time I saw her. I wanted to reach out and touch him, but I couldn't. I turned my head, and looked at the side. I saw machines attached to me. 

I was in a lab. 

Kai sighed and touch my face, "You're awake." I finally managed to reach up to touch his hand. I held it to my cheek.

"Kai..." I managed to croak out. "Kai..." I said again. 

He smiled, and leaned down. I closed my eyes, as he kissed me on the forehead. It was beautiful, that moment. Kai pulled away. I opened my eyes again, and saw someone behind him. I couldn't see them properly, but I knew they were there. 

Kai noticed me looking at that person, and grinned. "~~~~~, I want you meet someone..." He helped me sit up, to get a clearer view on the person. My eyes widened, when I saw her. She was... me. Kai wrapped an arm around me, comfortingly. He whispered into my ear, "It's alright."

I looked at him, and nodded, before turning back to the girl. She looked anxious, and she was fidgeting around with her fingers. 

Kai said to her, "Introduce yourself."

She nodded, and bowed. "I'm... Kim ~~~~~."

I tensed up and tightened my grip on Kai's arm. I hadn't realized I was holding onto him until now. I asked, "Kai... who is she?"

Patting my head, he said, "She's your clone."

Lee ~~~~~'s POV End

*****