If Whispers Could Kill - 1

If Whispers Could Kill

Luhan

Oh how I wish I could just ask for help. Their would so many willing, and even waiting, but I refuse to ask. I need help, that much I can admit, but I can't admit defeat. I can't let it bother me this badly. If I suffer in silence less people have to get involved. The less people involved the better.

It starts with the little things that bullies normally do. Like pulling my chair out, tripping me, hitting me with balls during gym class. It grew to be hand to hand combat and everytime I would loose. I didn't even put up a fight. They get bored of it after awhile and decided to leave me alone. That's when I feel most alone.

When even the bullies don't wanna be around me.

"Hey!" I felt a hand grip down hard on my shoulder. "I was talking to you!" The guy snaps and it hits me that I don't even know his name, or his possy's names. "I don't wanna talk to you." I wanted to say as he fisted my collar. "What, nothing to say?" He coaxed and kicked my legs out from under me. "Dude! Principal is coming. We gotta go." Someone says. And everyone scatters like ants.

Once the crowd is all gone I just lay on the cold grass. The sky is bright today, not a cloud in sight, and supposedly clear weather for the next week. "Lu Han. How nice of you to just lounge around. You should get back to your room." The principal blocked out the sun with his clipboard. I couldn't afford anymore merits so I got up. And headed for my dorm building.

The door was in my sights so I didn't have to bother rushing to get inside. I was about to grab the handle when someone grabbed the back of my jacket. "Look who doesn't have the principal as a body guard anymore." The guy from earlier slammed me against the brick wall. I pushed him off of me and moved around him. His hand caught the back of my hair.

Before I could even bat an eyelash my cheek was against the sidewalk. "Are you just dumb?" "Hey, maybe he really is a mute." "Yeah. How do we even know he can understand us." They mused eachother with insults, while I had the heel of a boot in my lower back.

Oh what I would give to just be able to speak. I'd scream for help and for sure someone, from somewhere, would come running. I'm afraid I lost the ability to speak years ago, because I find its better not to talk sometimes.

"What are we even doing here?" One guy asked and pulled the heel from my back. "We are doing some campus cleansing." He snickered and I saw his spit land close to my face. Hands flipped me over and he straddled my thighs and pinned my hands under his knees. He glanced around to the empty courtyard. But no one was around just like every other time he's beaten me.

"Your a dumb brat, you know that?" He twirled a piece of my hair in his fingers. "No one cares about you. Because to the world you are nothing. And you pollute the campus just by breathing." He smelled of cheap cologne and beer. I could smell the tobacco he must have smoked earlier. He leaned farther away from me. And got that grin I hated to see.

"Let's just go." Someone suggests again. He seemed to be thinking deeply about the idea of leaving me alone and in the conditionn he found me in. But a firm punch to the cheek told me that he didn't plan on just leaving me. "Go away." He sneered to his group of friends, who in return all looked so confused. "I said leave!" He yelled at them. "I want alone time with this ."

When everyone was gone he laid another punch to my mouth. And then another one and one right after the other. The tears started after the second fist made contact with my already brusied skin. I should be thinking of an escape plan. But all I can think about is what did I do to him, to deserve this treatment? Nothing that I could remember, could have set him off to this point.

I wanna tell him to get off me and to stop hurting me, but it all comes out in incoherent grumbles. "The idiot can't even speak." He snickered and spit again but this time onto my exposed arm. "Let this be a reminder," He finally got off of me but grabbed ahold of my belt loops. "That I control you now." He popped off the jeans' button easily and yanked down the zipper.

I started kicking and clawing at the hands trying to take my pants off, and he somehow managed to get my shoes off because I could feel the concrete through my thin socks.

He's going to me. It wouldn't be the first time I've been violated by another man. "The humiliation of having to walk through your dorm with no pants, is punishment enough for today." He snickered and waved the jeans in front of my face. I grabbed at them but he just smacked me. He smacked me so hard I fell back onto the concrete. He made off with my shoes in the process.

Any logical person would be up and off the ground by now. Any logical person would be running towards the security office or towards the dorms. But I chose just to lay here. It felt nice to be on the cold concrete. I could blantantly taste the copper filling my mouth from my lip wounds. Not to mention I can feel my eye starting to swell.

I spent the time contemplating all of today's situations. I should just quit college and go home. My mother didn't want me going to a major university anyways. She said it would make her and my father look bad because they both barely had high school educations. I should just kill myself. It'd be so much easier than to live everyday in fear, like this.

Kris

"S-sorry." The guy stuttered as he helped me pick up my books, he scattered all over the sidewalk. "Watch where your going next time. You could have seriously hurt me." He began mumbling his apologizing and handing me back the papers that had almost flown away when he so carelessly ran into me. Maybe its because of my rep or because of our height difference, but this kid seemed scared of me.

"Where you going in such a rush?" I asked and dusted off the knees of my pants from where I had fallen. I noticed as I stood back up that he was holding a pair of pants and shoes. They looked way too small to be his. And that's where it hit me where I know his face from. He's on the dean's list as one of the bad kids in school.

"Whose are these?" I asked but he just bowed and ran off again. "Strange kids at this school." I sighed and started heading towards my dorm building again. It was already getting dark on campus as the street lights flicked on and the courtyard was illuminated. This school is much nicer at night then the day time. There's no classes, no yelling or fighting, and certainly none of those loud mouth annoyances.

A small whimpering noise made me do a double take. It sounded like a wounded kitten or something like that. I turned the corner and stopped in my tracks. Curled up on the concrete by the backdoor, under the light, was a figure. A rather smaller figure if you ask me, might be a girl. I approached slowly in case it was a dead body. What would I do if it was?

"Hello?" I called out and stopped moving towards the still figure. "Are you okay?" I scanned the body for any sign of blood, but I couldn't see any. But I realized the kid had no pants nor shoes on. That guy that ran into me was carrying pants that looked to be about this person's size. I was disgusted at the idea that a possible might have happened or something.

I dropped my bag right by the back facing me and placed my hand on the shoulder. I caught a glimpse of a face and it was defintiely male and bloody. "Oh my God! Are you alright?" I turned him over but he flinched away again."I'm not gonna hurt you." I looked into the teary, fear filled, brown eyes of the smaller male. 

I bet he's freezing out here almost half . "Let me take you to the office." I offered my hand but he just pushed it away. This kid seriously won't talk to me? "I'm helping you. Whether you want it or not." I swung my bag back over my shoulder and squatted back down. "Is this your building?" He just nodded and looked away.

While he was distracted I lifted him into my arms. But of course he went kicking and hitting. "Stop squirming!" I slightly yelled and he stopped. I opened the door and made sure it latched behind us, and started ascending the stairs. "Which room?" I asked but again got no reaction. "Do you want me to take you to mine?" And at that he pointed down the hall.

He directed me to the room, only his name was on the door, wish I was so lucky to have a single room. It was neat in here and it looked like everything was really clean. I laid my bag on the desk and sat him on the bed. He moved into the corner and pulled the pillow in front of him. I just casually walked into his bathroom.

I grabbed a cup of water, aspirin from the cabinets, and a wet towel. Piling some first aid stuff into my already filled arms. He looked so pathetic sitting curled ont he bed. Was I really that intimidating to everyone? I sat everything enxt ot me on the bed once I sat down. "Hey, let me at least clean off the blood." I offered him the pain pills and water.

He gulped them down and sat the cup back on the bed. I could tell he didn't want me touching him and I understood why. If he didn't want my help why am I here wasting my time? "Never mind." I let go of the wet towel and it made a squishy noise when it fell to the bed sheet. "You don't want help I get it. Last time I try to be nice to someone." I mumbled the last part.

I was already off the bed and willing to walk away when a hand gripped my arm. I felt the wet towel being shoved into my hand, the water running down my hand. I looked down at him. He wasn't looking at me but he wasn't ignoring me anymore. "Good." I sat back down. Slowly he lifted off his shirt and tossed it aside. I could see the bruises.

I didn't even know where to being to help him. First I dabbed at the dried blood around his mouth, and he flinched away again. My mother was a nurse so I know a little about basic first aid. By the bruises on his sides I'd consider taking him to a hospital. They were faded and looked old but still prodominent against his light skin. He started crying.

I became aware of the small whimpering noises he was  making when I tried to wipe at his eye. It wasn't completely swollen shut yet and I could see his dark brown eyes clearly. "Doesn't look too bad at least." I offered him a smile but his face was still rather stoic. "Were you ?" I blurted and red slowly crept over his ears and cheeks.

He just shook his head and played with the edge of the pillow case. I sat the wet cloth back on the bed and cringed at the wet noise it made. "My name is Kris." I forced my hand into his and he shyly shook it. His mouth opened like he was about to say something but then shut again. Maybe I'm goind about this whole thing wrong. Maybe he doesn't understand me or something.

"Do you even understand what I'm saying?" And again his mouth moved to talk but nothing came out so instead he just nodded. I looked around the room to try to find something with his name on it. There's were books littering the floor around his desk and bookcase, which meant he must be an avid reader. 

"L-Lu-Lu Han." I nearly jumped out of my skin at his sudden speech. "Lu Han? Is that your name?" And again he just nodded. I saw his phone sitting on the nightstand and he followed my gaze. I grabbed it and opened the contact list. Being taller than him it was easy to hold the phone out of his reach as he fumbled trying to get at it. "Relax."

I closed the phone when my number was saved. "Well Lu Han I should get back to my own dorm." His face fell more but I couldn't stay all night. "Maybe we'll meet again. Call me if anything happens again." I slipped the phone into his fists on the bed and got up to leave. "B-bye K-Kris." He seemed so unsure of his voice but it was nice. "Bye." I swung the backpack on.

And sprinted for my room across campus in case security was out patroling. Stupid curfew, its not like anyone even lsitens to it. But I don't need a mark on my almsot spotless record.