Chapter 11 - Dreamland

Forbidden Love

 

Kyung Mi usually had a dreamless sleep. But after everything that happened today, and what Tia said. Her brain wouldn't let the thoughts leave her alone.

 

Had her parents really told her the story of the Thetas?

 

Thinking of that question alone, she found herself sifting through her memories for the answer.

 

Box after box, she reached her 14th birthday.

 

“This is our present to you, sweetie.” Her mom told her, holding out the Omega necklace.

 

“What is this for?” Kyung Mi asked her.

 

“You will need it in the future, honey.” Her dad said, putting the necklace on for her.

 

“What would I need it for?” She asked them.

 

“There is a story that we have to tell you and you have to listen, okay?” Her mom said, making her sit down at the dining table.

 

Kyung Mi knew that it must have been a serious story because both her parents were sitting down with solemn looks on their faces.

 

“What is it?” She urged them to tell her, patience was never her strong suit.

 

“You understand the social hierarchy, don’t you? It doesn’t affect you yet, it will, you’ll have to attend school starting tomorrow. But you know what it is right?” Her mom started.


“Yes, I am an Omega. For females, Omegas are the lowest class, above me are Iotas, then Zetas, then the top class is Betas. For males, the lowest class is Kappa, then Deltas, then Gammas, and Alphas. But what does that have to do with anything?” She replied.

 

“There is a separate class. Only Omegas know of them. The story is passed down from generation to generation until the necklace appears. It appears randomly when it’s meant to be for the girl.” Her dad said.

 

“The class is known as the Thetas. They are vampires controlled by the government, no one knows how they became controlled, but it has to do with the collars around their necks.” Her mom continued.

 

“So, what does this have to do with the necklace?” Kyung Mi interrupted.

 

“We’re getting to that part, sweetie.” Her mom said kindly. “The necklace is an Omega pendant. The collars at the back of them have a slot for the Omega sign. This is where the pendant goes. The pendant is the key to freeing the Thetas from the collars which keeps them controlled.”

 

“Doesn’t that mean if I find a Theta I will have to give him the pendant?” She interrupted again.

 

“Yes, darling. It’s your choice to do so. Since it will be our last gift to you, before you can’t see us anymore. But the Thetas have had it worse. They’ve been waiting for years to be freed. All of them need to be free before they can do anything.” Her mother continued.

 

“So, you’re saying I should help them. But how will I know it's one of them?” She asked.

 

“You can only see them if you’re out very close to curfew. But that’s also dangerous so make sure you know what you are doing.” Her father warned.

 

“Do you think I’ll be able to remember all this after they prepare me?” Kyung Mi asked the both of them.

 

Her parents looked to each other, “The most likely answer is no. But it will be in your memories so you will have to think of it to remember.” Her mother told her.

 

Kyung Mi closed the box and stepped away, that’s what the story was. Her parents had told her about it, she just couldn't remember.

 

Leaving her subconscious and finding herself awake on her own, she realized that she was on the bed back at the apartment.

 

“You’re awake?” She heard AJ ask her.

 

After getting over the slight disorientation, she remembered what had happened and looked down to her wrist, it was completely gone.

 

“It healed after I gave you some of my blood.” AJ said softly, walking towards her. Slow, cautious steps were taken as he approached the bed carefully.

 

“Are you okay?” He asked her.

 

“I’m fine. I understand everything now. That’s why I’m completely fine with everything.” Kyung Mi told him.

 

She lifted up her wrist and showed the pendant to him, “You need this, don’t you?” She asked him.

 

“I do. But I won’t force you to give it to me. We are told stories too so we know how important last gifts are.” AJ nodded.

 

“Well, I’ll give it to you.” Kyung Mi said, “But not yet. I want to know more about you first.”

 

“I’m fine with that. You should probably get some sleep as well though. I don’t have to sleep but you do.” AJ told her.

 

“I know, we should meet on nights where I don’t have the Night Rebellion.” She replied.

 

“I have a lot that I want to know about you too. Will we learn about each other together?” AJ asked.

 

Kyung Mi gave him a small smile, “Of course we will.”

 

AJ stood up, “Come on, I have to take you back to your quarters. I was too late last time so now I’m early.”

 

Kyung Mi stood up too and let him carry her in his arms as they jumped down the building.

 

Author's Note:

Woot! Update~!

That took a while. I had started it yesterday.

Then I couldn't finish it since I went out and had an issue with bad planning by someone else.

ANYWAY. it's here, chapter 11 :)