Heart Break

I'm Crazy about YOU

 

A tall slim girl is walking down the streets and she stopped on the usual coffee shop she goes to located inside a mall. She took her phone out, sliding her finger on the flat shining screen. No message yet. She's wearing her sunglasses and there are just few people who comes there. Mostly rich ones.

"Where are they?" Hyomin sighed.

She glanced at her phone to look what time it was. She glanced here and there, and her attention was caught by two people who walks around near outside the fountain. They're familiar that she stood up from her seat.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you want to order now?" The waiter said.

"N-no. I'm waiting for my friends." She said without looking. "I'll be back in a minute, ok?"

Hyomin walked fast, didn't even bother to listen to the waiter's response. She followed them. It was Kai and Tia who were talking as they were having their stroll. Both were holding a drink on their hands.

'They're alone?'

Hyomin smiled of the thought. At least it isn't Sehun Tia's with. She dialed on her phone, placing it on her ear. Even though she's waiting for the other line to answer, her eyes never left the two figures who's walking closely together.

"Where are you? Tell Eunjung to come at our usual place."

Hyomin pushed the end button and smiled to herself. She turned her back, feeling satisfied. Finally, Tia learned to understand. Hyomin was feeling rather...emotionally happy. All she could think is Sehun

"Just a little bit more...we'll meet again." Hyomin smiled.

 

 

 

"Are you sure people won't recognize you?" You were worrying.

Paparazzi might pop out anywhere. Kai doesn't seem to care anyway. He sips on his fruit shake then a smile follows up. He stopped on walking. He faced you while you frowned. 

"Tia, you're with me. Stop thinking about paparazzi or other people." Kai said. His hand found its way and his index finger tapped your forehead. "Think only about me."

"B-but—"

"If you're really worried, stop that. I'm prepared." 

Kai fished something from his pocket at the back of his pants and revealed a cute sunglasses with pink lining on it. He slipped it behind your ears and he have this jet black Matheson Optometrists with the tag of Ray•ban on it. He wore it as well.

"When did you have these things?" 

You were amazed and almost giggle in between words. Kai shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. He grabbed your hand and pulled you with him. He didn't give you an answer but from the look on his face, the moment you looked at him, he was smiling. You didn't want to destroy the moment, so why not just let it be?

"Uh-oh. I think a gumiho just cried." Kai said when small raindrops fall slowly. He tightened his grip on your hand and pulled you, running with him. "Run if you don't want to get wet!" He laughed.

"You watched too much drama!" You laughed along and squealed as the rain started to pour down. It was a luck that both of you managed to reach the theater before the rain drenched both of you.

 

 

 

"Sehun, are you ok?" Mrs. Choi asked, putting a mug of hot chocolate in the kitchen counter. 

She pushed the mug to Sehun's hand and gave the latter a worried look. She is wearing her apron, cooking for tonight's dinner. Sehun gladly accepted the drink and smiled sheepishly. His eyes says otherwise of what he was acting.

"Don't worry about me auntie. I'll be fine."

"Will be fine?" She emphasize, raising her right brow. "so there's something wrong huh." She was giving the boy in front of her a look.

A look of suspicion—might be of curiousness too.

Sehun only chuckled. He doesn't really want to open a topic, especially when he is still confused. Mrs. Choi walked back to the stove and sauté the ingredients for her beef fried rice. The sizzling of the onions and garlic take over the silence. Its delicious fragrance danced along Sehun's nose as he watched the old lady's back while sitting on the kitchen stool of the counter.

"Is this about my daughter?" Mrs. Choi asked without looking back at the latter.

"Hmm.." Sehun looked down in silence.

The soft noise he made didn't give a yes either a no to Mrs. Choi's question and it's bothersome. He lifted the mug, slowly bringing the tip of it to his lips. He blew it and sipped the dark melted chocolate, letting the sweet flavor linger in his taste buds.

"Are you worried about her being with Kai?"

Cough—the sound and act of getting caught came out from Sehun. He took air into his mouth, trying to let the hotness of the chocolate drink die. He was surprised—more of an abrupt attack of what he has in mind. That the old lady caught him, reading what's inside his head.

"Got you!" Mrs. Choi winked, glancing at Sehun over his shoulder.

"What are you talking about?" The typical Sehun, being cool like it wasn't obvious at all.

Mrs. Choi smiled while her hand reached for the bowl of grind beef. She poured it all to the frying pan, adding to the fried onion and garlic. She add some salt, pepper and a little bit of oyster sauce.

"Don't you dare lie to me young man. I experienced love way back before you kids did." She said, laughing softly.

"I-it's nothing really. I'm just—" Sehun sighed. He cupped his hand on the warm mug, letting it penetrate his skin. It was cold as the rain pours like cats and dogs.

"You're just?" Mrs. Choi gestured him to continue what he was about to say.

"I'm just worried auntie." He softly said that it felt like a whisper but loud it was enough for the old lady to hear.

Mrs. Choi lowered the fire and let the meat cook. She took a seat in front of Sehun who looks so bothered.

"What are you worried about anyway?"

"I—I don't even know."

"Listen dear, if you're worried about those two who are in date right now, don't. I'm sure Kai's there to protect Tia if something happens."

"He will, for sure." He mumble, looking away.

He was sure that Kai will certainly do everything for Tia. After the talk they had yesterday, there's no doubt how serious the latter is. Mrs. Choi couldn't help to hide a playful smile. She placed her hand over Sehun's wrist and it made him to lift up his head, looking straightly at Mrs. Choi's almond orbs.

"I've known my daughter since the day she was born. Believe me, you have her heart for almost a year now."

Somehow, that brought happiness to Sehun's heart. He managed to smile—a true smile. Mrs. Choi patted his wrist and went back to the dish she was doing. The smiled didn't last that long when he keeps remembering someone. Someone that keeps invading his head. His heart still aches because the more he remembers her, Kai was on the picture. He sighed. He took another sip of his chocolate drink while watching the rain falls through the closed glass window.

'Seems like the weather and I have mutual feelings...we feel exactly the same'

 

*          *          *

 

"Did you have fun?" Kai asked the moment you two got out of the cinemas. You were smiling the whole time. You watched the City of Bones and you were dying of happiness because of it. It was one of your favorite books. Did Kai know about it? Or is it just a coincidence?

"It was the best!" You cheered. The grin and the eye smiles on your face never left. If people didn't know, they'll thought you were wearing a mask. A smiling mask that it feels like your cheek bones would hurt just by watching. But Kai didn't feel that way. He was happy—overwhelmed that for the first time, he saw someone so happy...and he was part of it.

"I'm satisfied." He smiled.

"Of what?"

"This." He moved closer, cupping both of your cheeks in his big hands. His eyes curved into loving crescent moons. "Your smile doesn't lie."

You swear, if it isn't because of the dim light outside you'll be caught on guard of that blush on your face. You can't help it. Kai is so...sweet. 

"Tia..."

"H-huh?" You were stuttering. You wanted to curse yourself for acting like that. 'Why did I do that anyway?'

There was a moment of silence. Kai has his lips apart, ready to say something—but nothing came out. He sighed and smiled sheepishly. His hand slowly left your face, bringing them down to your hands. He gently holds them into his. You glanced down at your hands, back to his eyes that never left you.

'Kai...' You were out of words. His actions send you...confusion.

"I should send you home. It's getting late." Kai said, raising his head at the night sky. "Don't want your parents to worry, do you?"

Your lips turned into a thin line. You smiled, shaking your head. You let him pull you with one hand, taking you where he parked his motor bike. 

"Here." Kai pulled out a loose sweater from the u-box of his bike. He pulled it together, slipping it over you head. Once the cloth slip over your head, his brows raised with a small smile. You were pouting at him.

"The last time I remembered I still know how to wear a sweater." You said and he laughed.

He let go and you wore the sweater all by yourself. He hopped on his bike and handed you the helmet. He wore his jet-black helmet then you grabbed on his shoulder, pulling yourself up and sat on his bike. 

"You ready?"

"Uh-huh. Thanks Kai." You said and hugged his waist. Kai looked over his shoulder, secretly smiling. He started the engine and drove off, heading to your home.

 

 

 

It was late and Mrs. Choi insisted for Sehun to stay for the night. The latter couldn't say no—he was free anyway, so he stay. He is sitting at the living room with Nasoo on his lap, wide awake.

"Sehun, honey, are you sure you're gonna be ok all by yourself here?" Mrs. Choi asked. She is in her pajamas already and Mr. Choi is standing next to her on the stairs. He has his reading glasses on while nodding at Sehun with a small smile. Sehun nodded back.

"I'll be fine auntie, uncle." He said shifting his gazes at the two elders. "I'll wait for Tia here, you guys can get some rest." 

"If you say so, goodnight then." They both bid their goodnights and Sehun was left there, sitting in silence. 

bark

Sehun looked at Nasoo. The dog sat up straight, wagging his tail in a fast pace. He looks excited.

"What is it boy?" Sehun asked. He petted his head, gently rubbing his curved ears.

Nasoo crawled, placing his two front paws on Sehun's chest. Sehun couldn't help to smile. This Labrador is entertaining him—a nice companion. He ruffled his head before placing him back on his lap. He caressed his head down to his back.

"Don't you want to sleep?" Sehun smirked.

It wasn't that long enough before Nasoo drifted to sleep. He's sleeping peacefully, with his head snuggling on Sehun's left arm. 

"Sleep tight buddy." Sehun said. He plugged his earphones in his ears then scribbled his playlist on his iPod.

 

 

 

The roaring engine of Kai's bike came into silence. You just arrived at your place. You hopped off and he did too.

"Thanks for the ride...and for the wonderful date." You smiled, passing the helmet back to him.

"Anything for you."

You stared at his eyes and the way they were staring back at you—beautiful. There was an awkward silence. You bit your lower lip and Kai cleared his throat to break the ice.

"Uhm...so goodnight?"

"Yeah, thanks for everything again. Goodnight Kai." You said while he gave your hand a gentle squeeze. 

Kai stepped closer, slowly leaning in. He's getting close that your mind can't process anymore. You couldn't think of what to do. You wanted to move but it seems like your feet is frozen on the ground. You were dumbfounded when Kai's lips finally landed on your right cheek. An instant blush filled your face.

Kai retreated his face, giving few inches apart of your faces. You looked away, avoiding his gaze. You slowly—awkwardly free your hands from his grip. 

"Uhm...I gotta go." You walked towards the doorstep but you stopped when Kai called out your name.

"Give me a chance." Your eyes widened. You freeze like a stone when you heard what Kai just said.

"Just give me a chance Tia. I'll prove that I'm serious about this—about what I feel." You slowly turned, looking at Kai with your eyes so, confused?

"Kai..." The only word you have uttered. 

He walked to you, taking your hand to his beating chest. It was no joke. His heart beats like crazy. Is he nervous? You asked yourself.

"Listen carefully Tia...this never happened before—well not before we got too close." The sincerity in his voice build tears in the corner of your eyes.

"Kai...you know that—"

"Yes," He cut in. "I know you like Sehun and I know I promised to help you to get him like you back but—I just couldn't help myself from falling. I couldn't help myself not to love you."

Love. That's a big word in your vocabulary. It is hard to know if it is love or just a mere crush in your own perspective. You breathe in, taking a break from all the heavy emotions from the sudden confession. You still don't know how to react about it.

"Kai maybe you're wrong. I can't be the girl that you have to love—"

"And why not?"

His sudden questioning taken you aback. This man that's standing in front of you right now is just too good to be truth. Kai was feeling rather...hopeless? He wasn't sure if it is right to confess his true feelings knowing that he'll never get the chance of winning your heart.

"You're a perfect guy Kai. Anyone could die for having you as their man." 

"Then why not you?" His voice raised a bit. He's frustrated rather than being angry.

"Because I'm the opposite!" You don't want to hurt his feelings—but you already did. "Don't you understand? I'm not the perfect girl Kai and your just—you're just everything."

The last words came into a soft whisper. It was hurting you, seeing Kai in frustration—pain in his expression. It's like he's in another dimension. That solemn look took over the charming happy face he was giving earlier.

"Then let me," His voice was kind of begging. "Let me fill all the imperfections in you."

You were wrapped inside his strong arms. He was hugging you tightly but not too tight to suffocate you. Kai just doesn't want to let you go.

"Kai," You hugged him back, rubbing his back slowly trying to comfort him even just for a bit.

"Listen to me."

You pushed his chest, giving space between you. You looked straight in his eyes, cupping both of his cheeks.

"You're a great guy but I can't control my heart. My brain keeps on telling me to choose someone worthy, someone like you maybe." 

Kai ran his right hand up, placing it to where yours is. He pressed your hand longer in his cheek. He was closing his eyes, feeling the warmth you give.

"But my heart keeps on betraying whatever my brain says."

Those last words that came from your mouth ended everything. Kai sighed, looking down to his feet. He's trying to endure the pain that's striking him. Being rejected felt like a hard punch on his ego but he didn't mind. He was also glad that he poured out all the feelings that were kept for a long period of time despite of what he was getting now. 

"I'm sorry." Somehow you felt guilty—he just doesn't deserve to feel this way.

"Don't worry about me." Kai forced a smile. He squeezes your hand that's on his cheek and brought it down. You were out of words.

"We're still friends, right?" He asked.

You sheepishly smiled, nodding your head. "Of course."

"Good. Because I didn't regret to confess my feelings—even though I know I'll end up rejected." He bitterly chuckled.

"Kai—"

"Cause it's better doing something than nothing at all." He tucked a hair strand behind your ear. He smiled and leaned forward. His soft lips gently landed on your forehead—you closed your eyes, breathing in.

"You should get in now. It's getting cold and late." 

His hand brushed against yours as it let goes. You watched him rode his bike before entering your house. You closed the door quietly and just when you were about to go straight to your room, you abruptly stopped on your tracks when someone unexpected caught your eyes.

 

 

Kai drove his bike fast while fighting the tears that he's been holding since the confession he made. He stopped on the sidewalk of the park and cried his heart out. He doesn't want to look pitiful in front of the girl he likes so now that he's far from her, all that he has to do is to let all the pain come out. Kai ran his hand on his hair and buried his head in his arms.

She was so close...yet so far away.


Mianhe for the long wait! *bows 90 degrees* 

I'm really really sorry! I've been busy in school and church lately. And I still need to work on my grades since it isn't really good in the 1st Quarter :'((

Hope you guys never give up on me. Please bare with me dear readers—I love you guys~ ♥

It there's any typos and any grammatical errors, mianhe. I don't have the time to check on it.

Thank you for all the support! I\You motivate me to write each words that makes up this story.

SARANGHAMNIDA!

Who loves Sehun's New Hair?? ♥ - ♥