04

Haunted

Luhan took me home at 11:30, because he said he had class at noon. As he drove down my street, I noticed an all too familiar car in the driveway across the street from my own. A woman came out of the car and I couldn't believe who it was when I saw her face. 

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked. I let out a shaky breath that I didn't even realize I was holding as I still kept watch on the woman. I assumed Luhan followed where my vision was because he asked, "Isn't that Baekhyun's mom?" 

His mom was back from wherever she left too. I could finally get some answers. But after all that has happened, I wasn't really sure if I wanted to get those answers. 

"Thanks for the ride, Luhan," I said ignoring his questions and exiting his car. I probably should have thanked him for more than just the ride, but my mind was running with thoughts other than Luhan's kind hospitality. 

I walked into my house and saw Sehun in the living room playing video games while Sooyoung was on the couch next to him reading a magazine. When I closed the door behind me, their heads shot up and they looked at me with amusement written all over their face. I rolled my eyes already knowing what was running through both of their heads. 

"I thought you didn't like Luhan that way," Sehun stated mischievously, still staring at the TV screen. 

I plopped down on the couch next to them and ignored Sehun's comment. "Why are you still here?" I asked my sister.

"Am I not allowed to take a break off work and stay home for a week?" she said with her eyes diverting back to her magazine. "And don't try and change the subject. Tell us everything." 

"I'd rather not hear a conversation about my sister ing it up with my best friend," Sehun said, eyes still glued to the TV. 

"I didn't have with him!" I exclaimed, hitting Sehun with a throw pillow.

"So you come home wearing the same exact clothes you were wearing last night and you're saying you just slept over his house?" Sooyoung asked in disbelief. 

"Yes, I just slept there and it's not like I'm wearing his clothes. Besides, I wouldn't have with someone that looks like a puppy. He's too adorable, you know?" I said, pushing any thoughts of the hot make out session from the night before and the fact that I was indeed wearing his clothes in the morning as far back into my mind as possible. 

"I guess you're right," Sehun said. I would've made fun of my little brother for agreeing with me about how he thought Luhan was adorable, but my mom walked downstairs before I could even open my mouth. 

"Oh, you're home!" she said practically prancing over to the front door. "I hope you used protection last night."

"MOM." the three of said firmly. Our mom always tried to be one of those 'cool' moms that thought they could talk openly about with their children.

"Jeez, I was just kidding. We all know your sister's game isn't that good." The three of us just stared at our mother in horror. "I was just kidding again! You guys look like you've seen a ghost or something. Anyways, I'm going across the street. Baekhyun's parents are back." My heart dropped. Both of his parents were back. "Would any of you want to come and say hi with me?" We all stayed silent, not because we didn't want to go, but because we were still shocked at how incredibly lame our mother could be.

My mother's lameness aside, I still wouldn't want to go because I wasn't sure if I was still upset with Baekhyun's parents and I knew what conversation would strike up when I did see them. And that was a conversation I wasn't ready to have.

"Fine, suit yourselves, but I'm inviting them to dinner, so you'll see them later anyways," she said before walking out the door. 

Dinner? Tonight? I was hoping I would have at least a whole night before I spoke with Baekhyun's parents. 

"Are you okay? Don't take what Mom said to heart. You know how she can be," Sooyoung said, patting my back. 

"It's not that. It's just- never mind." I stopped myself before I explained any further. I didn't really want to talk about such a touchy subject with my siblings. "I'm going to take a shower," I said, standing up and rushing upstairs.

While in the shower, I contemplated how I could somehow skip dinner. I suddenly wished that Luhan didn't have night classes and that I still kept in touch with my friends. I deeply sighed as I let the steaming water flow onto my body. I figured I would just do what I do best: Sleep. 

 

 

 

HunHan over everything. ✌(◠‿◠)