03

Haunted

"I see you're moving on," he said with a pleased tone. 

"You're happy about that?" 

"I don't like seeing you cry over me every day," he said with a frown. I never really realized how my actions could be affecting Baekhyun. He probably felt just as guilty as I did for leaving me. 

"What if I'm not moving on?" 

"Don't sell yourself so short," he said standing up. "I have to go now, okay?" He said placing a kiss on my forehead and walking away. Before he was out of my front yard, he turned around and said, "Look how far you've come." Then he faced his end. 

My eyes shot open, but my body didn't shoot up as it normally did. "Look how far you've come." The voice echoed in my head. That was probably the quickest stop Baekhyun had ever made in my dreams. What was more shocking was that I didn't even try to stop him from leaving. I feared the thought of him not visiting me at all. I quickly shook the thought away. As I became more awake, I realized that I wasn't at home. The sound of someone else's breathing startled me, but I remembered that I never actually left Luhan's home. I tried to get up, but there was a firm arm around my waist. "Not yet," he croaked out. Part of me wished that I never came here, but the other part of me was kind of glad. I've never really talked about Baekhyun with anyone and it felt good to let it out. 

I looked down an saw that I was wearing an oversized sweater that was probably Luhan's. I remember shamefully ending up in my underwear, but I never rememebered putting a sweater on. Was I really that heavy of a sleeper? I was hoping that Luhan knew that everything that happened last night was all impulse. I was hoping he knew I wasn't looking for a relationship. I was afraid that staying over might give him the wrong idea. I wasn't even emotionally stable enough to handle a relationship at all. Come to think of it, I wasn't emotionally stable enough to do much anything.

After the incident, I was a wreck. I tried to ignore what had happened and continue living my life, but it obviously wasn't working out. I couldn't focus at school or at work, so my school recommended that I just finish my courses online and my work told me to take as much time off as I needed. I don't even remember the last time I spoke to anyone in my group of friends. All I can remember was them constantly trying to console me, but it just felt like I was being smothered. It came to the point where I had to pull the battery of my phone out and I had to tell my mom to never let them inside. It took a lot of convincing, but eventually she agreed. After that, I never left home.

I realized that this probably the first time in a while that I was out of my house (and not crying in Baekhyun's). It was odd. Life at home was always predictable. I would wake up at some ungodly hour, eat something, return to my room, eat again, shower, and then back to sleep I went. It was boring and uneventful, but my dreams made up for it. No one knew that the reason I slept so much was because of what was waiting for me in my dreams. 

Waking up in a room that wasn't my own, definitely wasn't comfortable. I hated not knowing what would happen next. I always knew I enjoyed having a predictable life, but I never knew that I was terrified of the unpredictable. If I would have known, I would have never agreed to go out in the first place. I wanted to pry myself out of Luhan's arms and run out to my car and go home. But then I realized that I had been dropped off at Luhan's. "Have him be a gentleman and drive you home," they said. I mentally sighed and just accepted the fact that I would just have to deal with it. If I was capable of living life normally before the incident, why couldn't I live it normally after? Because he's not with me. That's why.

Luhan began to stir before his large eyes opened. "Good morning," he said with a smile that made his large eyes turn to crescents. If my feelings were actually capable of working, that smile would have probably driven me insane. But considering the former, I remained indifferent. Then I realized what he said. Morning? It was rare for me to ever wake up before noon. And if it did happen, I would fall back asleep thinking it was too early. I glanced passed his head to the clock on his nightstand and the red digits glowed 9:00. 

"Do you normally wake up this early?" I asked.

"No, I usually wake up earlier. I have to get up at 5:30 every day for work," he said while sitting up, freeing me from his arms. "This is sleeping in for me." 

'Work,' I repeated the word in my head. I used to work. I used to work at a cute, little cafe by the university. I, too, had to wake up that early to work. "Where do you work?" I asked out of curiosity. 

He chuckled. "Did you forget already?" I sat up in his bed and stared blankly at him. "I'll take that as a yes. We used to work together, remember?" I scanned over my memory for a while until it hit me. How could I forget? The cafe was where I discovered that Luhan had a crush on me. 

I started working at the cafe when I had just started high school. The cafe was brand new back then and in desperate need of staff. I was one of their very first employees along with three other girls. Two years later, Luhan came in looking for a job. I remember meeting Luhan once before at one of Sehun's dance performances with his group. The owner, being an ajhumma, didn't hesitate at all. The cafe had never had any male staff before considering that the cafe was rather cutesy and pink. But it wasn't like he couldn't fit in...

After Luhan had been working there for about a month, a few of my coworkers were just bursting with gossip that Luhan was head over heels for me. I was already dating Baekhyun by then and I didn't really notice all the signs that Luhan was apparently sending me. Or maybe it was just because I didn't care to see the signs he was sending me in the first place. 

My mouth formed into the shape of an 'o'. "You worked with me for three years. I don't really know how I forgot," I said scratching the back of my head. Last time I remember, Baekhyun's the one that got hit by a car, not me. Why on earth would I have memory loss?

                                                                                                                     

 

50 subscribers already? You guys are so amazing (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*♥:・゚✧