12

Haunted

"He told me I wouldn't wake up if I didn't leave Baekhyun," I said carefully. I contemplated whether or not I should tell anyone about the subconscious Baekhyun for a while. I feared that it would just make people believe that I truly was insane. But who was I to diagnose myself as not insane? So I decided it would be okay if I were to tell at least my therapist about it. That's what she was there for anyways. 

She scribbled away at her clipboard, as she asked, "Are you going to listen to him?" 

"I don't know. I don't think so. He's just a figment of my imagination, right? He can only do something to me if I let him."

She looked up from her clipboard at me with a small smile. "Good. You're capable of establishing the fact that all he is and ever will be is a figment of your imagination. Don't forget that." I nodded at her statement. "See? You're not as insane as you really think you are." 

"I sure hope not," I said. I wanted so badly for all of this to just be over. Baekhyun was back. Everything should have been back to normal, but unfortunately, it seemed it would be a while until normality would ever be close to being achieved. 

"Well, that's all for today. I'm glad you told me about your dream. It revealed a lot about your mind and at this rate you could probably be out of here by tomorrow," she said, standing up. I felt relieved when she told me I could finally be released from the hospital, but once again, there was something tugging at the back of my mind that prevented me from feeling completely okay. 

As Dr. Seo opened the door to leave, she stopped and looked back at me. "It seems you have a visitor," she said with the light smile she always seemed to use. Baekhyun popped his head into the room and flashed me a bright smile before bowing to Dr. Seo as she left. He looked much better than he had the day before. His dark circles were gone and he seemed overall much happier. He walked over to my bed and sat down beside me. 

"You can't sit on this bed, Baekhyun," I teased. "The nurse was very upset when she saw you in it this morning." 

He placed his two hands behind him and leaned his weight on them and said, "I should have the right to sit on your bed considering that you are my girlfriend." Electricity jolted through my veins when the word 'girlfriend' came out of his mouth. I hadn't heard the word come out of his mouth for three months and it felt more than satisfying to hear it after so long. 

I ignored his comment and attacked him with a kiss. Although I had kissed him before, I also considered this to be the first kiss after he came back because as I said earlier, I didn't think it was real. He smiled into the kiss before kissing back. I missed Baekhyun tremendously while he was gone and I never wanted to let go of him ever again. In fact, I probably would have never pulled away from that kiss if it weren't for someone clearing their throat in the room. We pulled away bashfully as the nurse glowered at us. "Lights out soon. That means you should be leaving Mr. Byun," she said with a slightly bitter tone. 

"Oh, yes of course," Baekhyun said with a fake smile. I tried hard not to laugh as the nurse rolled her eyes and walked out of the room. I thought that nurses that worked in the mental wing of hospitals had to have a bit more patience and composure than this one had. Considering that the patients they would have to deal with could be quite stubborn and unpredictable...

I shook the thought away as I remembered the news from earlier. "Dr. Seo said I could be released as early as tomorrow." 

He beamed at me and embraced me in a tight hug. "That's so great," he said into my hair. He pulled away and said, "I want to take you out on a date as soon as you get out of here." 

I rolled my eyes. "I want to go home as soon as I'm out of here." 

"You've spent three months of time at home," Baekhyun said with a pout. "And I've spent three months of time in a coma. I think we both deserve a nice date." 

"We had a nice date a few days ago." 

"But you didn't even acknowledge it at the time!" he whined. 

"Fine, whatever shuts you up," I said as a victorious smile grew on Baekhyun's face. "But only after I take a nap in my own bed at home." Baekhyun let out a groan as he threw his head back. "Hey, unlike here, you're more than welcome in my bed." 

He fell back onto the bed and said, "I don't care if I'm not welcome in this bed. I'm sleeping here again." 

"I'm going to call the nurse back in here if you don't get up, Baekhyun," I threatened. 

"Why would you do that? I'm not scared of some grumpy nurse. Besides you'd have to sleep in this uncomfortable hospital bed all by yourself," he said placing his hands behind his head and closing his eyes. He did have a point. Having Baekhyun with me made the whole hospital experience much more tolerable than it could have been. 

I sighed in defeat and snuggled into his chest. I felt his lips on my forehead and I started to feel an extremely uneasy feeling take over the back of mind. I knew very well what was coming for me when I fell asleep. 

---

"You're going to regret not listening to me."

 

 

 

AAHHH. I thought today was the episode of inkigayo where both exo m and exo k would be on stage, but it was just recorded today... It's airing next week because... they'll be here instead of korea. T^T I'm trying really hard to accept the fact that I can't go to smtown this year, but it's so hard! D; asdfghjkl and the day after theres a free concert in norcal and the line up is really good! A lot of big names o_o But I'm not driving all the way up to norcal on a monday T_T WHYYYYY? 
On the bright side... Infinite's coming back in one day. c: STILL DEPRESSED ABOUT SMTOWN THO. 
haha I think I spazz out to much in my author's notes.... WHATEVER THIS IS MY FIC I CAN DO WHAT I WANT. LOL.