Confession in the Rain

EXO Scenarios

I was walking with Sangmi on the way home. I honestly can't believe it. I've had this huge crush on her for how long now? She doesn't know it yet, or at least I thought she hasn't. Ever since I told the other guys about it, all they could ever do is try and hook me up with her. I don't know why I haven't made a move on her at all. But I think this walking her home counts, right?

We were totally silent. Her arm constantly brushed on mine, and our hands would occassionally touch. I can't help but turn red. I coughed a bit so we could start talking.

"Uh.." I muttered. She looked up at me.

"Hm?"

"You're from my class right?" I said. Stupid. Why the hell would I ask that? Of course she's in my class. We're sitting beside each other for God's sake.

"Last time I checked, I sat beside you at our classroom." She said. "Unless you were pretending that I don't exist."

"NO!" I shouted. She looked really shocked. "I-I'm sorry, Sangmi. I didn't know what I was thinking when I asked that." I gave a dry chuckle.

"I understand." She replied. "I'm usually really quiet at class so you don't even notice me there, right?" She kept looking at the ground, kicking the pebbles that came our way.

"No, that's not it either." I said. "I'm just you know, kinda stressed out, that's all." Ugh, I did it again. I'm stressed out over what? Over trying to make a decent and nice conversation with someone who I wanted to talk to for a seriously long time but didn't cause I was too shy? Stupid, Joonmyun. Stupid.

"Oh, I see." She said. "You're stressed about all the work you've been doing since you're the class President."

"Yeah, yeah! That's it." I said. "So.."

"So.." She repeated. "Why did you want to walk me home?"

"I-I don't know.." I stuttered. Say it, Joonmyun. Just say it. "I just wanna talk to you without anybody else, that's all." Not it, but close enough. She gave a nod and looked up at the sky. She gave a huge sigh and shrugged.

"It's getting really cloudy." She said. "Aw man, what if it rains? I didn't bring an umbrella."

Then, as if on cue, a loud crack of thunder was heard and droplets of rain started to fall. She chuckled. "Great."

"I have an umbrella." I said and took it out of my bag. I held it up and she went closer to me. The umbrella wasn't at all big so we were really close to each other, walking on the damp road home. I felt my face turn bright red because of how close she was. I could smell her pleasant aroma of vanilla, and I could feel her soft skin brush up on mine more.

"Thanks." She said. Her voice was really gentle and sweet. She was right when she told me that she was quiet in school. She didn't talk much at all. But when she does, it was a whole nother thing. I even heard her sing once. Once. When we were in elementary school. She mustn't have remembered me. Her voice was so beautiful, I keep wondering why she doesn't like showing it.

"No problem." I said and smiled at her. She smiled back. We're this close to each other. Closer than I expected. I wanted to just hold her in my arms and never let her go. She seemed so fragile in her small frame. I had this great admiration for her ever since she walked in that classroom with her books at hand and her eyes trying to avoid people's strange stares. She's always been like that. She's the type of girl that would rather spend hours at a library reading books than spend hours at the mall buying clothes. She's been labeled as the weird quiet girl at class. But she doesn't seem to mind much, which is sort of admirable too. She's being herself without caring what other people say or think. I just wish that she'd speak her mind up more with her voice rather than using a pen and a paper. Of course, since I'm the class President, I'm the one who takes the other students' work and pass it to the teacher. I get to see what they write. And whenever I see what Sangmi writes, I'm amazed.

"There's my house." She pointed to the green painted house a few blocks from where we're at. I guess it's the end of this quiet, but great moment with her. But I feel like this is a great time to tell her how I feel about her. I stopped walking and she was forced to stop too.

"Why'd we stop walking?" She asked. "My house is right there."

"I.." I said. "I... like you, Sangmi."

"W-what?" She stuttered. "I don't understa--"

I kissed her on the lips. I kissed her under an umbrella in the rain. Her lips were soft and sweet, as expected. I'm probably just as surprised as she is right now.

"I-I'm sorry." I said as I backed away. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be." She said as she came closer and kissed me. "I like you too, Joonmyun."

"Really?" I was shocked. Beyond shocked. I was downright surprised as hell. She nodded and smiled.

"I've been waiting for you to tell me." She said with her cheeks blushing.

"How did you know?" I asked. Someone must've told her.

"Your friends." She said as we continued to walk again. "Chanyeol and Baekhyun were forcing me to go out with you and practically bribed me to keep that whole forcing thing a secret."

"Those idiots." I mumbled. We arrived in front of her house.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye then." She said. She pecked my lips and grinned. "See you tomorrow?"

"Wait." I said. "Does this mean that I'm your boyfriend now?"

"You're new to this relationship thing, huh?" She said and laughed. "Of course you are. Bye, Joonmyun-ah."

"Bye.." I said and walked home. I couldn't contain myself anymore. "I'M SANGMI'S BOYFRIEND!" I shouted at my loudest voice and jumped.