The Notebook

EXO Scenarios

"Hey, Chanyeol!" Ryuhee waved at me as I was placing my books in my locker. Be cool, Chanyeol. Be cool.

"Oh. Hi, Ryuhee." I said casually as I slammed the locker shut. But I accidentally slammed it on my hand. "OUCH!"

"You okay?" She asked. I was blowing on my throbbing hand.

"It hurts.." I said. I saw her roll her eyes.

"You're pathetic, Chanyeol." She said as she took a bandaid from her bag. She placed it on the wound on my knuckles. "There."

"Thanks." I said as I flashed a smile. She widened her eyes.

"Your smile creeps me out." She said as she laughed. Her laugh was so cute. It's one of the things that I absolutely love about her. Another is her natural hospitable personality.

"Everything about me creeps you out, Ryuhee!" I said jokingly as I ruffled her hair and smiled even wider.

"Stop it." She exclaimed as she covered her eyes. "Anyway I came here to give you this." She took out a notebook. It was my notebook in History.

"You left this at History class yesterday." She said.

"Oh, yeah right." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"This has been the third time you left something in class." She said, crossing her arms. "And I'm always the one giving it back to you."

"Hey, nobody's saying that you should be the one giving them back to me." I replied. She heaved a big sigh.

"That's what you think." She replied.

"Huh?"

"Nothing." She said. "Anyway, I gotta go. Talk to you later, Chanyeol!"

"Okay." I said and waved at her. "Bye, Ryuhee!" I love you.

*-*-*-*-*-*

"Hey, I saw you talking to her awhile ago." Kai whispered to me while we were taking notes in Algebra class.

"Who?" I asked him.

"Ryuhee! Duh." He said. "So? Did you tell her yet?"

"Tell her what?" I asked as I was scribbling random stuff on my notebook.

"Don't play dumb with me." He said. "Did you tell her that you have this thing for her yet?"

I shook my head. He gave a 'Tsk tsk tsk' noise.

"When're you planning to?" He asked me.

"Soon." I said.

"It's almost the end of the school year, dude." He said. "Gather up some balls and confess to her already!"

I kept writing on my notebook mindlessly. He took a glance at what I was looking and laughed. I didn't realize that I was writing Ryuhee's name over and over.

"I saw her giving you something." He said. "What was it?"

"Do you seriously have to know everything?" I asked. He nodded vigorously. "She gave me back my History notebook. That's all."

"Didn't she give you your Kurosuji Manga yesterday?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Dude you're like Lay!" He exclaimed. "He keeps forgetting his stuff too."

"Whatever." I said.

"Chanyeol, you have to tell Ryuhee that you like her." He said.

"And how am I supposed to do that?" I asked him. He took my History notebook and scanned the pages. He suddenly gasped. "What?"

He showed me a page. It had "Ryuhee" written in humongous letters and hearts all over.

"Don't tell me she saw this." Kai said.

"I- I don't know." I stuttered. I wouldn've hanged myself if I knew she read it.

"If you keep this up she'll eventually know that you really really like her. And--" He didn't finish what he was saying.

"I HAVE AN IDEA!" He suddenly shouted. Everyone turned their heads to us, and so did the teacher.

"What is your idea Jongin?" Mr. Hwang asked.

"Oh, uh, I have an idea on how to solve this equation!" Kai answered. "I'll do it right now." He said and looked down to his notebook and avoided eye contact with everyone. I saw him writing stuff on a piece of paper, and he passed it to me. I read it thoroughly and knew it was a plan on how to confess my love for Ryuhee. It was kind of ridiculous, but somewhat foolproof. So, what could I possibly lose other than our most valued friendship, right? But I had to do it, 'cause I can't keep my feelings for her a secret anymore.

The following day . . .

It was the end of class.

"Don't forget to submit your homework tomorrow." Our teacher announced. We nodded and started to leave the room. I was with Kai and Sehun.

"Ryuhee's still talking to some of her friends." Sehun said as he looked at Ryuhee with some other people.

"Come on! Just leave it there." Kai said. "Make it look like you're not doing it on purpose."

"Okay." I was placing all of my books and notebooks in my backpack, and pretended to not see the notebook where I wrote my feelings for Ryuhee. I left it there on my desk.

"Hurry hurry hurry!" Kai exclaimed and we hurried outside. We were shouting random stuff to each other to make it look like we were just talking to each other in a normal situation. Me and Kai were running towards the library while Sehun was watching over Ryuhee.

"I'll text you when she's coming over there." Se Hun said before we ran to the library. We waited in the library for what seemed like a half hour.

 

Meanwhile at their classroom . . .

 

"I can't believe Chanyeol forgot his notebook again." I mumbled as I picked up the notebook that was on his desk. I looked at it and it said 'To Ryuhee' on the front cover. I flipped through the pages and I couldn't believe what was written on it. It had everything from our childhood moments up to the present.

"Ryuhee, do you remember when we used to watch Pokemon when we were seven? We used to watch it all the time at my house, and you were all like 'Ash is such an idiot! He should've made Pikachu use Agility then Thunderbolt! Aish.' You were so into the show it was so funny."

"Do you remember when we were flying kites at the park when were little and I tripped over a rock? You acted like a doctor and bandaged my whole leg when my knee was the only part with a bruise! You said it was for the bruise not spreading. We laughed all the way home when our moms said it would never happen."

"I remember the times when I always give you a piggyback ride. Everytime we're done hanging out wherever, you would always feel sleepy and I would carry you all the way home. I miss that."

"I love it when you start to dance to my beatboxing. It's so cool. And not to mention dorky. Yeah, I said it. Dorky. You, Im Ryuhee, are a dork. But before you throw this notebook to the wall, I just wanna say that your dorkiness is beyond adorable."

"I'm sorry if I forget a lot of things. But I'll never forget the memories I shared with you. I may forget my History notebook and my mangas at this classroom, but I'm never going to forget you and your awesome ability to make me happy without doing anything. I don't know. You just make me happy."

"Everytime I see you, my heart goes ape on me. Really. I feel like it's about to jump out of me. I feel like I swallowed a million butterflies and they're all partying in my stomache. My vision goes blurry and I can't see anything else except you."

"I know that we've been friends since birth. Haha. That's what I think, anyway. But I just want you to know that I've had feelings for you ever since I don't know when. It was probably the time when I saw you perform on stage for the first time. You sang really amazingly, and you looked like an angel. You blew me away. You still do."

"I love you, Ryuhee. And I mean it. I love you so much."

 

I slammed the notebook shut. I couldn't believe he thought of me the way I thought of him too. He loves me. I had to see him. I had to tell him that I feel the same way about him. I hurriedly went outside of the classroom to find him. I saw Sehun instead, so I came over to him.

"Hey, Sehun. Have you seen Chanyeol?" I asked him.

"Chanyeol?" He repeated. "Yeah. He and Kai're at the library right now, doing homework or whatever." He said.

"Oh, okay." I said. "Thanks." I waved at him goodbye and quickly ran to the library.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oh my god, Chanyeol." Kai said to me. "Sehun said that she's on her way here."

"Quick! SCRAM!" I shouted and pushed Kai away. He ran to the back door and left the library.

As soon as he left, I saw Ryuhee walk in, holding the notebook.

"Hi, Ryuhee." I said to her.

"H-hi." She replied.

"Did you read it?" I asked.

"Yeah." She answered. "I can't believe you said all those things."

"And?" I asked. I was bracing myself for the worst. I feel like she's about to friendzone me.

"I...." She muttered. "...love you too."

"You what?!" I shouted.

"What?" She said. "I can't love you back or--"

I immediately hugged her, and I kissed her on the forehead. "I love you, Ryuhee. I love you so, SO much!"