Kidnap

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

 

Yoorim woke up and found herself inside a moving car. She looked outside the window and it was pitch-dark. Scared, she then looked around to find any familiar faces but all she saw was the side profile of the man driving the car.

“You’re awake?” he asked

“Wh-who are you?” Yoorim asked back. Her heart was beating fast, knowing that she was somehow in the hands of a stranger.

“Don’t worry, you’re safe with me.” he said

“Where is my umma and appa?” she asked again

“They can’t see you at the moment.”

“Then where are we going?” she tears up

“To my house” he answered

“Is it far away from umma and appa?” a tear shed from her eye

“I’m sorry that I had to do this…but it’s not safe for you to stay there…” he explained

“Are you a good person?” she asked as she wiped her tears

“What do you think?” he quickly looked back at her. Even though it was pitch-black outside, Yoorim could still see a glimpse of his face. A man with a kind smile.

“I think…you’re a good person” she said

He let out a gentle laugh. “Thank you for thinking of me like that.”

“What can I call you?”

“Vincent. You can call me uncle Vincent.”

 

Not too long later, they arrived at a small village. Vincent drove passed the rice field and straight to a small house.

“We are here” he said as he took out the car’s key. Yoorim opened the door and walked out. The surroundings were completely unfamiliar to her. She noticed the two lanterns hanging outside the house, which she thought they were pretty.

“That looks pretty. We don’t have those outside the houses where I live.” she said

“Let’s go inside. Someone is very eager to meet you” Vincent took her hand and walked her inside. As soon as they opened the door, Yoorim saw a lady stood there. She greeted them and gave Yoorim a loving look.

“This is my wife.” Vincent introduced his wife to Yoorim.

His wife came closer to Yoorim. She kneeled down and held Yoorim’s hand. Tears could be seen in her eyes.

“I could tell that you’re Ian’s daughter…” she said

Yoorim looked at the lady as she thought the lady was talking about something she couldn’t understand.

“Let me give you a big hug!” the lady said, and then she pulled Yoorim in for a hug.

“I told you not to be so emotional. You’re scaring her” Vincent said to his wife.

“Sorry. Did I scare you?” she asked

Yoorim shook her head.

“That’s a relief. I was just so happy to see you. You reminded me so much of your father when he was around your age.”

“My wife used to be your dad’s caretaker.” Vincent informed Yoorim.

“You were his caretaker?” she questioned

“Yes” she put her hands on Yoorim’s cheeks. “You’re quite hot” she quickly noticed

“I got her out of the hospital. She was admitted because of a high fever.” Vincent explained, “Oh I almost forget, I have to call the guy.”

“Go do your business, I’ll take good care of her.” Finished saying, she took Yoorim inside.

---

Outside, Vincent was trying to make a call to Khun.

“How is everything going?” Khun asked

“I got her.” Vincent replied.

“Good, and did you bring her to the somewhere far away?”

“Yes I did.”

 

“Now I need you to come over.” said Khun

 

---

Back to the hospital, everyone was going insane because Yoorim was missing. They searched low and high, all around the hospital but she was nowhere to be found.

“Where could she have gone!” Yoona cried

“Who was the nurse that was in charge of my daughter?” Taecyeon asked out loud. All the nurses looked at each other, and finally one nurse slowly stepped out. She said in a fearful voice, “It was me…”

“Then where is my daughter?” Taecyeon asked

“I…I left her with another nurse…”

“Who is the other nurse?”

“I’m not so sure…He said he just got transferred from another hospital so I don’t know his name.”

“From my knowledge, there wasn’t any nurse that got transferred recently…” another nurse voiced up.

“Do you know it’s a rule that you can’t leave your patients when they’re in your charge? I can tell my parents to fired you for just broke this rule!” Taecyeon madly said

“Now what are we going to do?” Yoona asked as she sobbed

“I think we need to call the police” said Taecyeon

 

---

The police arrived shortly after. They started with asking the people around the hospital, and went around to look for trace but unfortunately, nothing was solved, or found. The police suggested Taecyeon and Yoona to go back to Taecyeon’s house, incase the kidnaper would give them a phone call. They waited until 5 in the morning, but no call was received. As their eyes became heavy with sleepiness, the phone rang.

“Someone is calling!!” said Taecyeon and Yoona

“Quick everyone, get ready. We need to figure out where the phone call came from. You try to talk as long as possible.” The main police officer said.

After the fourth rang, Taecyeon picked up the phone.

“H-hello?” he said

“I think you already know your daughter is missing.” A voice said

“What do you want? Please don’t harm her!!”

“Shhh…Don’t be so loud!” the man laughed, “If you want to save her, you have to go and see my master at the abandoned warehouse near the river”

“What warehouse?”

“There’s only one abandoned warehouse near the river. Figure it out yourself. Remember no one can come along, and don’t you dare to call the police-“ and he hung up.

“No good…it was too fast…” said one of the police

“The man told me to go to the abandoned warehouse near the river. Do you know where that is?” Taecyeon asked the main officer.

“We’ll search it up for you right now.”

“Can I go with you?” Yoona begged

“No, you stay here. It’s too dangerous for you to go with me. I don’t know what they’re going to do.” He held her hands.

“You also know it’s dangerous, yet you’re still going! Leave it for the polices!” she cried

“But they said clearly that they want me to go, alone. Don’t worry, I will be fine. I will bring our daughter back safe and sound.” He said as he wiped her tears away.

“But-“

“Don’t say anymore. I’ve decided. I must go now. Yoorim she must be scare.” Taecyeon stood up from the sofa.

“As a police officer, I can’t let you go alone” said the police, “You can pretend you’re going alone, and we will secretly follow you without letting the kidnapers know”

“Then…thanks, officer.”

“Our job.”

“Now you’re not worried anymore right?” Taecyeon smiled and said to Yoona. She hugged him tight and talked through tears, “You and Yoorim must come back safely. Both of you.”

 

---

Taecyeon got the address for the warehouse and he started to go there right away. What he didn’t know was Yoona also secretly went along with the police. She couldn’t stand to stay home, knowing that the two important people in her life were in danger. Before they go, she called Taeyeon and told her what was happening. She asked Taeyeon to call Taecyeon’s friends over for help, just in case…

Taecyeon arrived at the warehouse, finally. As he walked around and observed the surrounding, his phone rang.

“So you’re here.”

“Now tell me, where is my daughter?”

“Don’t rush. Now just find a suitcase and open it up.” The man hung up once again.

“A suitcase?” He asked himself, “Why do they want me to find a suitcase?”

But he followed; he walked around and looked for the said suitcase. He then saw it placed neatly in front of a door. He came closer, and suddenly dropped his phone due to the sight he saw.

“Oh no, it can’t be” Taecyeon covered his mouth in shocked

What he saw was Yoorim’s hospital gown sticking out of the suitcase…