Khun's plan

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

“Good morning. I left early because I have a meeting with Khun. Please watch over Yoorim today. Also, I cooked breakfast. Hope you and Yoorim will enjoy~ Yoona.”Taecyeon read the note Yoona left on the table for him when he woke up. He left Yoorim sleeping in the room and came down stairs.

“Good morning, young master” said the maids, “Your breakfast is ready”

“They smell good!” he said

“Your girlfriend woke up very early to prepare” said one of the maid

“She will be my wife soon.” he smiled.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona was already back home and was about to go to meet Khun.

“Unnie, I can’t go to the bakery today. I have a meeting with Khun” said Yoona

“Alright, don’t worry, but Yoorim didn’t come home with you?” Taeyeon asked

“When I left she was still asleep so I didn’t want to wake her up.”

Then Yoona heard the doorbell rang.

“I think Khun’s driver must be here. Talk to you later unnie.” Yoona rushed out to the door. Minjae got off the car and greeted Yoona.

“Hello, miss Yoona. My master is waiting for you at the restaurant for lunch. Please get on the car.”

“Thanks for picking me up.” she said

 

They arrived at a luxurious restaurant 20 minutes later. The waitress led Yoona to Khun’s table.

“Thank you” Yoona said to the waitress.

“Hi Yoona. Glad to see you today.” said Khun

“Hi Khun…Why didn’t you tell me that we’re eating at such a luxurious restaurant?”

“Don’t worry about that. It’s my treat.” Khun reassured Yoona. “Here, take the menu”

“Thanks Khun, but I don’t know what to call…you know, I’ve never been to this place.”

“How about steak for lunch?” Khun suggested

“I’m fine with anything.” Yoona replied

 

---

 

Taecyeon already finished his breakfast for quite awhile but Yoorim was still asleep. While reading the newspaper, Taecyeon couldn’t help but noticed that something was strange about Yoorim because she never slept this late. He decided to go upstairs and check on her. He gently opened the door and saw Yoorim was still snuggling under the blanket. He came closer to take a look and realized that her face was red and full of sweats.

“Yoorim ah!” he called, “Yoorim ah, are you okay?”

He put his hand over her forehead and he could feel it burning.

“She’s running a fever…but why so sudden” he wondered, then he remembered about the dog they saw yesterday.

“Yoorim ah!!” Taecyeon called her, and she opened her eyes a little.

“Yoorim, have you seen a dog yesterday and play with it?” He asked

She nodded.

“I knew it!” said Taecyeon, “This is not good, you’re burning!”

Taecyeon decided to text Yoona for help. He didn’t want to call her because he knew that she was at the meeting with Khun.

“Yoona, Yoorim got a fever. What should I do now?”

Yoona received the text message.

“Get a towel, soak it with water and put it on her forehead” she texted back.

Taecyeon did what Yoona told him, and later Yoorim said she was cold.

“Yoorim said she’s cold” he texted

“But don’t tuck her into the blanket” she texted back

“Who are you texting?” Khun asked

“Oh sorry, don’t mind me. When will the food come out?”

“I think soon, they need sometimes to make quality food”

By then, Yoona’s phone suddenly rang

“Sorry Khun, I need to answer the phone” Yoona apologized

“No problem, go ahead” he smiled

She got out of her seat and went outside to answer the phone. She looked at the number, and like expected it was from Taecyeon.

“Oppa, how is Yoorim?” Yoona worried

“I checked her temperature and she’s at 40 degrees. I already gave her Tylenol, but should we get her to the hospital?”

Yoona could hear Yoorim crying in the background

“Okay, Yoorim ah, don’t cry” said Taecyeon

“Let me talk to her” said Yoona

Taecyeon put the phone next to Yoorim’s ear and Yoona started speaking.

“Yoorim ah, it’s umma. How are you feeling?” she asked

“I’m tired and hurt umma, I’m cold too” she cried

“Umma is coming back to you right away, okay? Be good and don’t cry, you will be more tired. I’ll be right back.”

“But aren’t you in the middle of the meeting with Khun?” Taecyeon put the phone back by his ear.

“Yes but Yoorim is sick so I don’t have the heart to stay. See you soon. I’m hanging up.”

Yoona came back inside, and she saw the waitress just brought out the food they ordered. She felt bad, but she had to go.

“Oh Yoona, the food just came out” Khun said

“Sorry Khun, but I need to go. Taecyeon called and said Yoorim is very sick. She needs me. I’m so sorry about this. I hope you will come back here again and we will for sure have lunch or dinner together. I wish you have a safe flight back to America. Good bye Khun!” Yoona hurried grabbed her belongings, ran out and hopped on a taxi. She left Khun alone in the restaurant, speechless.

“And she didn’t even touch the food…” he said

“I need her too, why can’t she realizes that?” He clenched his jaw and tightened his fist. “Ok Taecyeon, you really got on my last nerve.”

He poured the prepared wine into a glass that was placed on the table and drank it all. After that, he motioned Minjae to come closer.

“Yes, young master?” said Minjae

“Cancel my flight tomorrow.” Khun said

“Young master, your parents are looking forward for you to come back home.”

“I have something big to do. Cancel my flight and find someone that is good at doing big stuff for me.”

 

---

Yoona returned to Taecyeon’s house and she quickly rushed upstairs to see Yoorim.

“Yoorim ah, umma is back!” she called

She checked on Yoorim’s condition and her temperature went down to 39.5 degrees.

“That’s still high” said Taecyeon

“Let’s keep her at home until this evening to see if she does any better. If not then we’re going to the hospital.” said Yoona

“Thanks for coming back…but you just left him like that?” Taecyeon asked

“I think he will understand”

 

---

“Young master…” Minjae knocked on the door. “I found a person that I think he could help you.”

“That's quick. Go in.” said Khun

Minjae then opened the door and walked into Khun’s office with a middle age man.

“Hello.” The man greeted.

“Hello. May I know your name?” Khun asked

“You can call me Vincent. I can help you with what you need” said the man

“Why should I trust you? Why do you want to help me?” Khun questioned the man.

“If you don’t trust me, then there’s no one else you can trust…also because my mother is sick and she needs to have a heart surgery as soon as possible. I need this job to earn some money.”

“Alright, a filial son. I like you already. So here is the mission for you.” After that, he took out a picture.

“This little girl, her name is Yoorim. All you need to do is kidnap her and take her outside Seoul, anywhere is fine as long as people can’t find her.”

“Yes, young master”

“Remember, not to leave any marks. When my plan is succeed, I will transfer the money to you. Now go.”

---

 

“Yoona, wake up!!”

Yoona lifted her head up after she heard Taecyeon called. She looked at the clock, and it said 7PM

“Her fever is back to 40 degrees, I think we really need a trip to the hospital.” said Taecyeon

“I think you’re right. We have to go. She hasn’t eaten anything the whole day as well. “ Yoona worried

Taecyeon carried Yoorim out to the car with Yoona followed and they head to the hospital. Yoorim was admitted into the emergency room. The doctor gave her an IV drip and reassured Taecyeon and Yoona that Yoorim will be fine.

“But she needs to stay for the night” said the doctor

“Thank you” said Yoona

“The nurse will take her to the room. She will need to eat when she wakes up. Why don’t you two go buy her some congee at the food court?” the doctor suggested

Taecyeon and Yoona listened to the doctor; they head to the food court while the nurse had Yoorim on a wheelchair and pushed her to her room. Mid-way, a man in a nurse uniform approached the nurse.

“Let me take care of her, you can go to your next shift” said the man.

“Are you new? I’ve never seen you before?” the nurse asked

“I just got transferred” said the man

“Then thank you! I’ll leave her to you”

The nurse left Yoorim and the man alone in the hallway. After she left, he then started to pushed the wheelchair to the exist doors.

 

“I’m sorry, little girl. I’m doing this to save you, and probably your father’s life.” He said as they left the building.