Getting Better

Blessing From Above [하늘에서 내려온 축복]

It stopped raining after an hour or so. Yoona and Yoorim already fell asleep; but Taecyeon, he lay perfectly still. Too many thoughts went through his mind, plus his heart was still beating fast that caused him trouble to fall asleep. He opened his eyes and stole a glance at the sleeping Yoona, but his heart was beating faster so he closed his eyes, and waited for his heartbeat to slow down. Then once again, he opened his eyes and looked at her…

“You didn’t really change…” said Taecyeon, then he took a breath…

”Wouldn’t it be good if we 3 get back together?”

He let out a small chuckle after saying those words, like he couldn’t even imagine himself saying it. He then looked at the sleeping Yoorim, smiled and said, “I promise you that I’ll be a good father…and be good to your mother too”. Finally, Taecyeon was able to fell asleep. The clock was ticking at 2AM.

The next morning Yoorim woke up first, maybe because slept the earliest. Yoorim was happy to see her umma and appa were still next to her when she woke up. Somehow, she decided to sneak out of the room, left the room with Taecyeon and Yoona still sleeping on the bed. She’s a small girl with big personality, and playful sometimes. Yoorim sneaked out of the room and saw Taeyeon in the living room, doing her morning exercise routine.

“You’re up early!” said Taeyeon to Yoorim, “Oh and where is your umma?”

“Umma is sleeping in the room” Yoorim said

“How about appa then? If umma is in the room, where did appa sleep?” the confused Taeyeon asked

“In the room too! They slept with me yesterday!” Yoorim said then smiled

“In…in the same room?” Taeyeon surprised. She then walked toward the room and silently opened the door. Indeed, they were still asleep on the same bed, with face to face. Taeyeon let out a smile…

“Good job, Yoorim!” she rubbed Yoorim’s head. “Let’s go outside and do some exercises with me. Wait for the rest to wake up and we’ll have our breakfast. This outing trip sure is fun, isn’t it?”

“It’s fun! Except the scary thunderstorm, but I guess I like the scary thunderstorm this time!” They both laughed and headed outside for their exercises.

Back to the room, Taecyeon and Yoona were still face to face. A phone call came and woke them up. They slowly opened their eyes and the first thing they saw was each other’s face.

“Why…is he here?” Yoona thought, as she was still half asleep.

“Why…is she next to me?” Taecyeon thought to himself

When the phone stopped ringing, that was also when they started to remember what put them in this situation. They quickly rose up, and were too embarrassed to look at each other’s face.

“I…I don’t know where Yoorim went…” Taecyeon tried to explain

“I’ll go out and look for her” Yoona said in embarrassment and quickly got out of the room.

“Seems like I just lose another point” Taecyeon said as he saw Yoona uncomfortably getting out of the room.

“Who called me at this time?” He complained, and then took one look at his phone. It was his mother that called him. He called her back since it must be something important for his mom to call in this hour.

“Mom, you called me…” Taecyeon said to his mom

“Yes, Taecyeon ah, where are you right now?” asked his mom

“I’m away for an outing, on a mountain. Why?”

“Don’t you remember? Today you have an appointment for your yearly check up!”

“Sorry, I forgot…but why I keep getting check up? It’s been almost 20 years and I think I’m fully recovered!”

“Taecyeon ah, please do it, for me.” His mom begged

“Alright mom, I’ll try to go back early” he promised

Taecyeon went outside and headed to the bathroom. When he tried to open the door, Yoona was also tried to open the door from the inside. They both faced each other again.

“Oh I’m sorry, I didn’t know that you were inside” Taecyeon apologized

“Don’t worry, I’m done. I’ll go and cook breakfast for everyone” she gave out a slight smile.

Yoona went outside to seek for Taeyeon and Yoorim. Her friends were all up to and the girls all went in the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

“Good morning everyone!” The boys came out

“Good morning!” the girls responded

“Good morning short girl!” Wooyoung said to Taeyeon

“I told you for the 23rd times that my name is Taeyeon!!” Taeyeon yelled at Wooyoung

“Fine! Taeyeon! But I like calling you ‘short girl’, what’s wrong with it? It’s cute!” said Wooyoung

“Then, you eat cereal with milk today for breakfast.” She said to him as he handed him a box of cereal. “The rest of us will have kimbap” she glared at him. The boys laughed at Wooyoung for not listened.

“Don’t mess with her” they said.

30 minutes later, breakfast was ready. After begging Taeyeon a few times, Wooyoung got permission to eat kimbap with them. Taecyeon told everyone about his mom’s call and that they need to get back early. Finished with breakfast, they went outside to take some pictures. They took a lot of pictures, but never a picture of Taecyeon, Yoona and Yoorim together. The camera's battery ran out just before that.

“Guys, we got to go!” Taecyeon said

They walked down the mountain, got into the cars and drove back to Seoul. Taecyeon’s friends took Yoona’s friends back to their houses, while Taecyeon took Yoona, Taeyeon and Yoorim back to their house. When they arrived, they saw a black car parked in front. Nichkhun was inside the car. As soon as he saw Yoona walked out of Taecyeon’s car, he got off his car.

“Yoona! I’ve been waiting for you all morning!” said Khun

“Oh, I’m sorry for making you wait. Why are you looking for me?” Yoona asked

“I just want to see you…” said Khun, then he saw Taecyeon walked out with Yoorim.

“You were with him?” Khun asked why his eyes glued on Taecyeon

“Well we went out for an outing” said Yoona

“A family outing or what? So you guys got together now?” Khun mocked

“Please don’t say thing like that” Yoona told Khun

“Let’s go with me!” Khun grabbed Yoona’s wrist and dragged her to his car, which he grabbed her too hard and hurt her

“Khun, let her go!” Taeyeon yelled

“Hey!, let her go!!” Taecyeon came up to them and snatched Yoona’s hand out of Khun’s.

“What are you doing!! She has to go with me” Khun tried to get a hold of Yoona’s wrist again

“You’re hurting her!!” Taecyeon yelled at Khun. Khun and Taecyeon looked at each other for a while, with anger in their eyes of course, then Khun said to Yoona…

”I’m sorry Yoona, I didn’t mean it…”

“I’m fine Khun, but please don’t do it again” said Yoona

“Then I’ll go, sorry for today” Khun got back into his car and his driver drove off.

“Are you okay, Yoona?” Taecyeon asked with concern

“I’m okay, thank you!” Yoona smiled

“Wow Taecyeon, you’re totally cool!!” Taeyeon praised him

“Appa looks like a hero!!!” Yoorim jumped up and down

Taecyeon was quite shy with all the praises he got from his daughter and Taeyeon, but the most important thing was that “thank you” from Yoona. She said it with gratitude in her eyes, and he could see it.

“I have to go now. Thanks for let Yoorim stayed with me for a week.” Taecyeon said to Yoona.

“Appa, come visit Yoorim often!” Yoorim said to Taecyeon

“Sure I will, but I have to ask umma first” he smiled to Yoorim

“Can I?” Taecyeon asked Yoona

“Yes, you can. I’m sure Yoorim will miss you too, so feel free to come and visit her.” said Yoona.

“Thank you!” Taecyeon said to Yoona, then he kneeled down to kiss Yoorim. “Be a good girl, see you soon~”

“Good bye!” Taecyeon said to Yoona, Yoorim and Taeyeon

“Bye bye appa!!” Yoorim waved until Taecyeon’s car disappeared.

“Seems like she’s really fond of him. This bonding plan worked well!” Taeyeon said to Yoona. Yoona gave her sister a smile.

 

---

In Khun’s car…

“Minjae, did you see that guy?” Khun asked his driver

“Yes, I saw him” his driver answered

“Check his background for me. I need to know more about him.” Khun told his driver

“Yes, master.” his driver answered