Phase 1-C: Mirage---The Nightmare

Counter-clockwise (NEW)

 

“Come on dude, it’s just 10:30! You’ll miss out the fun!”Nathan said.

“Sorry, guys, I gotta go.” Seung Gi apologized.

“Man! The beer just came!” Ethan said

“Sorry.” Seung Gi said again.

“Well, if Seung Gi’s leaving, then I am too.” Drew said.

“Aw, man! Forget your girlfriends! I’ve invited pretty girls that would shame them here!” Nathan exclaimed. Nathan must’ve been drunk already.

“You know me. I don’t have a girlfriend. Never had one.” Drew said.

“Not you, Saint Drew.” Nathan said in a weird way.

It’s now 10:45. Impossible! That conversation couldn’t have lasted more than a minute!

Seung Gi fled from the scene. Strangely, he did it without them noticing. He ran as fast as he could.

 Relax. It’s just two streets away. What could possibly happen? He’s just two streets away from his next destination. All it takes was a brisk walk.

But then, a moment ago he was riding the train.

Now he was riding the bus. What is happening?

Soon, he was on a plane. Okay, this has got to be a sick joke.

A ship. Isn’t he there yet?

Though it only felt like a minute, it is now 11:45.

A dreadful hour has already passed.

A dreadful hour!

What could’ve possibly happened? Seung Gi’s breathing suddenly became heavier.

A lady’s scream reverberated throughout the silent night. It was from across the street. A spiky haired guy is approaching. His rumbling steps deafened out the fading scream.

Just across this street! Seung Gi thought. However, he’s not getting any closer. With very step he makes, with every break he takes, the scream gets fainter. He ran and ran and ran and ran. Sweat soaked his entire body. Blood that pulsed through his veins felt like needles pricking him. His knees are wobbling. He’s running out of breath. But he’s still not getting any closer!!! What sorcery is this? Come on! Just a bit more!!!

As he ran with utmost strength, the scream faded into the night. He tripped. As he lay face down on the floor, he succumbed to the fact that all hopes were gone. All that’s left is the ocean of blood the lay in front of him. It was all because he was too late. He was too late. The scream died into the silence of the eerie night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: November 1

Day: Thursday

4 am, Seung Gi’s room, Lee Manor

 Seung Gi sprang up from his bed. Too abruptly, it almost tore the soul out from his body…(was almost even appropriate?)

Did I make it on time? Seung Gi thought as he stared at her face. Her pale white face… Pointed brown eyes highlighted by her sparkling lashes… Straight, thin nose... Small, thin, lips… and her quivering, faint, melodic voice…

O…Oh…Ohayou, Goshujin-sama (Good Morning, Master)” said the footless girl in messy pajamas. At least her hair was tied into a ponytail, so she not as horrifying as a ghost in a well would be (the one that calls and says “Seven Days” and comes out from the television)

It took Seung Gi a while to respond. “GGGHHHOOOSSSTTT!!!!!!”

“Now that you mention it, AAAHHHH!!! Your body is there on the bed! You have no feet too. You really are a ghost!” the girl said.

------------------------------

Take Two.

Seung Gi sprang up from the bed. Finally awake, he sat, panting, and covered in sweat. “What are you shouting at? Go find someone else to haunt you loud ghost.” Seung Gi said, drifting back to sleep.

“Bb…but…You…but you’re standing here earlier, I swear I saw it!” the girl said.

“Huh? What? I’m sleeping here.” Seung Gi asked, rubbing his eyes. “Oh, look at that! You just broke the mirror, you clumsy maid. Go clean it and get out.”

“Yes, master.” The girl/ghost responded

“Wait, am I a ghost or your maid? Just make it clear!” The girl/ghost asked.

“Don’t know. Ask Chun Hyung. He knows everything.”Seung Gi mumbled in his sleep.

“HEY! I could see your eyes! You’re still awake!”

Seung Gi let out a loud snore.

The maid/ghost lifted Seung Gi’s bed to frighten him awake, but he’s still sleeping soundly.

“I swear I’ll drop your bed if you don’t answer me!”

Finally, Seung Gi responded: “Seven. Wake me up at seven and you’ll get your answer.”

----------------------------------------------

6:15 am, Seung Gi’s room, Lee Manor

“Wake up, Wake up Wake up!” the girl/ghost/maid woke him up, but sighed in disappointment. “What a troublesome sleepyhead.”

---------------------------

6:20 am, Seung Gi’s room, Lee Manor

“Wake up, Wake up Wake up!” the girl/ghost/maid shouted.  She shook Seung Gi’s body but to no avail.

-------------------------

6:30 am, Seung Gi’s room, Lee Manor

“Wake up, Wake up Wake up!” the girl/ghost/maid wailed. She even pushed Seung Gi out of his bed. She thought this finally woke him up, but to no avail. He’s still snoring.

---------------------------------

6:59 am, Seung Gi’s room, Lee Manor

“Wake up, Wake up WWWAAAKKKEEE UUUPPP!!!!!!” the girl/ghost/maid whispered. Seung Gi rolled on the floor and stretched his arms. But he just yawned. He’s still asleep. “If you’re not gonna wake up, I’m gonna jump through your window! III AAAMMM SSSEEERRRIIIOOOUUUSSS!!!!!!!!!” the girl/ghost/maid screamed.

“Go ahead.” Seung Gi said as he sprang awake.

“Thank goodness you’re finally…wait, WHAT?! You’re not even gonna stop me? You’re so heartless! You’re so mean!” the girl/ghost/maid let out a phony sob.

 Seung Gi chuckled. “Even if you jumped there, you won’t die, since you’re already a ghost.” He said sarcastically and coldly.

“So I’m a ghost, right? Good, that’s cleared for now. What’s left is for you to help me find who I really am.” The girl declared.

“Jasmine…” Seung Gi uttered. Something seems to be troubling him all of a sudden.

“You know me? Thank goodness.” The naïve girl said.

“My Jasmine…” Seung Gi’s smooth, tender voice was filled with yearning…

The girl blushed (or do ghosts even blush?). “Hai, Anata? (Yes, my dear?)”

“How dare you…” Seung Gi’s suddenly became cold and rough as he picked the flower up, wounding his already wounded left hand with the shards of the broken vase. “ You…You don’t even know what this flower is?” Seung Gi’s face suddenly darkened.

“Eh? Oh. Yeah. I was trying to tell you last night that it was the vase and not your mirror that broke. But…jasmine…”

“So you went here too. December 2. 11 pm. Do you remember anything after that? How did you end up here?” Seung Gi’s face suddenly became hopeful. His flurry of words were confusing the girl/ghost/maid.

 “Uh…Uhmmm…I think you’re being a little bit too pushy. You just said I was Jasmine. Let me take things slowly.” The girl said.

Seung Gi went to the bathroom and left the girl. Well, we might as well call her Jasmine.

“I’m going to the cemetery, wanna come?”

Trying to remember who she was, Jasmine took a while to respond. “What?”

“GJBJWDB CJQWDVKQJWSN X” (Seung Gi is brushing his teeth)

“Wh…What are we gonna do at the cemetery?” Jasmine asked.

“What a weird ghost. She can understand that(referring to the indistinct mumble he made while brushing)?!” Seung Gi asked himself.

“What?”

“KJJKG UVN VYUFUOI”

“Oh I know! You’re gonna search the grave stones to find clues about me. Thank you.”

StBJGupBGJGJGid ghJGJVFost

-------------------------------------------

8:00 am, Aa State Cemetery

How would you describe it? Peaceful, quiet, relaxing, and wide too… Of course there are different religions. Some bury their deceased in a coffin, some cremate them in an urn…some even have their own shrine.

“…abashta (tasty)!” Dara said after she wolfed down an entire meal of bibimbap and rice. “Oma, Gumawo. (Mom, Thanks)”

Dara just finished her meal in front of her Mom’s urn. She finished her prayers and left.

 

Meanwhile, Seung Gi and Jasmine were also there. Seung Gi had no other reason for visiting the cemetery, other than the opportunity to stumble across Dara, of course.

“…really don’t remember a thing?” Seung Gi asked Jasmine.

“I really can’t remember anything. And you’re the only one who can see me and help me so far!”

Does that mean that Seung Gi is the last person to possess clairvoyance?

“Stop clinging to me!” Seung Gi scolded Jasmine.

“What? You just said I am your Jasmine.”

“Until you get your memories back, I can’t…”Seung Gi began to talk seriously, but then

“Yuki (Snow)”Jasmine said. “It’s snowing.”

“Dara…” Seung Gi uttered at the same time Jasmine spoke. He saw Dara walking in the snow.

Seung Gi fixed his messy,wavy hair, rubbed the snow off his coat, fixed his scarf, mittens, and ear muffs, and approached Dara. He left Jasmine as if she never really came with him in the first place.

 

Seung Gi normally only speaks harsh insults or jokes to everyone, but Dara is an exception. Besides, who could insult her elfish beauty? Her feline, angular face, her porcelain skin, and her tender voice…they’re something worth only of praise.

8:30 Aa State Cemetery

Yoshi (Alright,) Lee-san should be done talking to his friend by now. I gotta ask him what he meant by December 2. I mean, that’s almost a year ago. It couldn’t possibly be the date of my death, since I just started hunting him yesterday, October 31. How could a ghost only haunt after one year? Jasmine thought as she flew around the cemetery

9 am Aa State Cemetery

Just how long could he speak with that girl?! If we went here at night, I would’ve left already! This place could be teeming with ghosts. Wait I am a ghost. Jasmine thought. He should be bored to death speaking and walking around with that girl any minute by now so I should use my precious time contemplating about who I am to Lee-san.

9:45 am, Aa State Cemetery

Just how long could their conversation last?! Geez, I’m freezing here already! I hope the same as that Dara girl! Freeze to death you cat-face! Too bad for her, I’m immune to the cold. Jasmine thought as she pounded through the ground.

NYYYAAAN!!! A cat wailed.

“Oh, is there something wrong, Nyan?” Dara patted her cat’s head. It was scratching Jasmine earlier, but it calmed now since Dara patted her and Seung Gi tickled its belly. “Oh no! Look at the time. We’re gonna be late! I’m sorry I kept you so long!”

“II..i…t’s al-right.” Seung Gi stuttered, shivering from the cold. Well, he gave his coat to Dara, trying to be manly and all, but it turns out, he’ll be the first one catching a cold soon enough.

“Are you alright?” Dara asked, willing to return his coat any moment by now.

“Yeah. Our van is here, would you…uhm…” Seung Gi scratched his head, trying to make Dara ride with him to the school.

“Wait…”

“Ah, your bags. I’ll carry them for you.”Seung Gi offered

NYAAAN!!! Nyan, Dara’s cat, clawed Seung Gi’s face.

“Seung…” Worry creased Dara’s face.

“I…I’m alright.”Seung Gi reassured her.

“I’m sorry, Dad’s already here to pick me up.”

The appearance of Dara’s Dad terrified Seung Gi more than the ghost Jasmine. Well, Jasmine as a ghost is terrible so it wouldn’t be a fair comparison.

“Hahaha! Scared you!” Jasmine mocked Seung Gi’s reaction after seeing Dara’s Dad.

 “Jj…Jasmine! A…g.gh…AAAHHH!!!” Seung Gi’s face were drained of color and he bolted away from Jasmine and the cemetery, leaving Jasmine to wonder where the ghost was. Seung Gi waved at Dara through the windows as their vehicles left.

------------------